Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    so defending yourself is unjust.

k.
    Defending yourself is just fine. There are many ways to defend yourself. You don't need to kill in order to do so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If someone started attacking me, and I feared for my life, it would be legal for me to shoot him.
    Yes, legally. But I'm talking about morality.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Defending yourself is just fine. There are many ways to defend yourself. You don't need to kill in order to do so.
    However killing is an efficient way of defending ones self.

If someone started attacking me, and I feared for my life, it would be legal for me to shoot him.
    this, and in one of the more free states thats probably what would have happened and then we wouldnt have to wait on this case to drag out and hear about how cops are racist for arresting the perp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    However killing is an efficient way of defending ones self.
    Efficient. And excessive in the majority of cases; and thus immoral in the majority of cases.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, legally. But I'm talking about morality.
    If im being attacked, and someone is punching at my face, I am fearing for my life. His morals already went out the door. First, id raise the gun and tell him to back down before I shot him. But if hes on top of me and im struggling to get to my gun, im going to shoot him when I finally get it so I can get him off of me.

Efficient. And excessive in the majority of cases; and thus immoral in the majority of cases.
    Morality is relative, subjective to each individual human. Nature knows not of man's creation of justice. I personally find nothing wrong with defending ones self with deadly force.

10+ Year Old Account
    If im being attacked, and someone is punching at my face, I am fearing for my life. His morals already went out the door. First, id raise the gun and tell him to back down before I shot him. But if hes on top of me and im struggling to get to my gun, im going to shoot him when I finally get it so I can get him off of me.
    There's also a difference between shooting and killing.

But in this particular case, it was a one-off event; the victim was sucker punched and then left alone. It would be immoral for the victim to then shoot the perpetrator.

Deleted
    What is this nonsense?

Non-white people can't commit racist hate crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Morality is relative, subjective to each individual human. Nature knows not of man's creation of justice. I personally find nothing wrong with defending ones self with deadly force.
    Bullshit. Morality is not relative, the same way that it's immoral to sacrifice babies to the rain gods. People might have disagreements about morality, but that is only evidence of incomplete information.

There's also a difference between shooting and killing.

But in this particular case, it was a one-off event; the victim was sucker punched and then left alone. It would be immoral for the victim to then shoot the perpetrator.
    I don't agree. Where I live, as long as he is shot from the front, its ok. So if he was still facing me after he sucker punched me, I would end his life. Im ok that we have a different moral system. I was also taught to shoot to kill, that way there is only my side of the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree. Where I live, as long as he is shot from the front, its ok. So if he was still facing me after he sucker punched me, I would end his life. Im ok that we have a different moral system. I was also taught to shoot to kill, that way there is only my side of the story.
    I know you don't agree. And I'm saying you're wrong. If you killed him after he was walking away, and he turned around to see if you were following him, that would be immoral. There is no further threat to your body. He has incurred a debt to society via his assault and the risk displayed for future assaults, but it's not a debt worth his life.

"your opinion is wrong"

lol ok.

I know you don't agree. And I'm saying you're wrong. If you killed him after he was walking away, and he turned around to see if you were following him, that would be immoral. There is no further threat to your body. He has incurred a debt to society via his assault and the risk displayed for future assaults, but it's not a debt worth his life.
    Im not "wrong". I know you don't think so, but morals are subjective to a point. If I still truly thought he was a threat to my well being, im going to end his life. IF he sucker punched me, knocked me out, and I woke up to him staring at me, im going to kill him. To me, that debt is worth his life. I wouldn't think twice about it.

- - - Updated - - -

"your opinion is wrong"

lol ok.
    lol exactly.

15+ Year Old Account
    You are operating from the assumption that ellieg thinks blacks, especially blacks from high crime, impoverished areas, are actually even human, or better yet, you are coming from a perspective that doesn't have delusional beliefs that blacks are inherently more violent, so remember that when you are speaking with him regarding this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    "your opinion is wrong"

lol ok.
    Opinions don't have a say when it comes to facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Wonder if we are going to find out like the Knock Out game the reports were completely made up and fake.
    So there wasn't any video evidence of that?

Keep your head in the sand, it's safer there.

Bullshit. Morality is not relative, the same way that it's immoral to sacrifice babies to the rain gods. People might have disagreements about morality, but that is only evidence of incomplete information.
    Right groups of like minded moral folks form communities to live with in their own morals. This is why similar illegal acts in different countries have different legal repercussions. Morals are relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You are operating from the assumption that ellieg thinks blacks, especially blacks from high crime, impoverished areas, are actually even human, or better yet, you are coming from a perspective that doesn't have delusional beliefs that blacks are inherently more violent, so remember that when you are speaking with him regarding this.
    Lol wtf are you talking about. Idc wtf color you are. If you knock me out and I think you are going to kill me, im going to kill you. Take your racist fucking bullshit out of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Opinions don't have a say when it comes to facts.
    Morals are facts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not "wrong". I know you don't think so, but morals are subjective to a point. If I still truly thought he was a threat to my well being, im going to end his life. IF he sucker punched me, knocked me out, and I woke up to him staring at me, im going to kill him. To me, that debt is worth his life. I wouldn't think twice about it.
    Your disagreement is not evidence of subjectivity. If you think someone is a threat to your wellbeing, you are not always justified in whatever action you take. For example; if it was a friend who was staring at you when you woke up, and you freaked out and killed him because you felt threatened, that would not be a moral decision. Whether or not you would be able to be held morally accountable for that is another question, and perhaps that's where some of the confusion is appearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Right groups of like minded moral folks form communities to live with in their own morals. This is why similar illegal acts in different countries have different legal repercussions. Morals are relative.
    Again, disagreement is not evidence of subjectivity. It's simply evidence of people being wrong.

You claim it does not happen and by linking clips of it happening hahaha you are funny, i love you.
    award for lowest awareness and reading comprehension on mmo-c goes to you today sir!