Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Tons. None that come to mind immediately, but I'm more pragmatic than I think a lot of books and movies want you to be. They want to romanticize the small guy fighting the big guy and I'm always thinking - do it. Take the money. Kill that person and save 10,000 more. Stop being so ridiculously principled.
    Yeah, that annoys me too. So many "heroes" that let the baddies get away because of their principles, and you always know it's going to cause a lot more innocent people to die down the line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Nox from the season 1 in the animated serie wakfu ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GttP6wW3qDY for an exemple of this serie, which is GOOD but sometimes has the same problem as avatar the first serie : dont know if they go full teenager cuz the channel think its for little childrens )
    Its a normal clockmaker until he found by accident a cube from another ancient civilization who is TOO MUCH for him/everyone except the race in question. The cube help him develloping power from his race (time) but obsess him to the point of neglecting is family like a nasty drug, even when he try desperatly to go cuz his family quit him.
    In time, he find out is family died in a catastrophic flood and that was the final push that made him go crazy, he thn decide to find the way to come back in time to save and reunite with his family even if it mean destroy everything ; because if it happens, everything will be resolved, and if not, he dont care.
    Even if the story like this look bland, the character in the episode when you see hes creepy, but he seriously miss his family, and it even have time when you SEE that he KNOW what all he do his pure evil, but he dont care cuz he think hes right in his idea.

One of the thing that i like too about him his is voice in french who is absolutely crazy and badass, all the musical theme like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlNkfqjnPv8 and THE FUCKING WAY HES ANIMATED AND HES MOVE. Its like a clock when he move his lmb sometimes its just fucking perfect.

Also, theyre a full movie apart from the serie but in traditionnal animation with a japanese artist with another style. I suggest looking at this after the s1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuJx1LxvZO8

Im happy if i can have helped someone who looked for a little good animated serie (only 2 season 1 movie and 5 oav cuz the maker are french and were not fullly supported by the buyer channel it seem :/ )
    I actually enjoyed that series, the art is fantastic and it helped me with my french
    The world isn't as bad as you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could really understand where the kingpin in the daredevil series was coming from. In the end he was a bit too ready to kill people to get things done, but on the grand scale he really had a point.

Ozymandias from the Watchmen series. I'm not sure how many times its been said but the only way to unite everyone in a common cause is to give us something tangible to side against. I've always felt that was true, didn't know it though till I read through Watchmen.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ozzymandias from Watchmen, for sure. He saved the world after all.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fitzgerald from The Revenant was also somebody I could somewhat agree with. Glass was mauled by a fucking bear and looked like a corpse and they wanted to drag his ass around. Why they couldn't just leave him with his son and risk peoples lives is beyond me. Shitty what he did to his son for sure and it was a dick move with that whole blink if you want me to end it thing but I saw his original point.

Magneto and the Uchiha Clan from Naruto.

Mags was just looking out for his, something that fag Prof X failed to do. The Uchiha were the clear hero's of this anime series, cuz everything can't be all sunshine and rainbows... unless we get this last jitsu off, then it literally will be sunshine and rainbows for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Fitzgerald from The Revenant was also somebody I could somewhat agree with. Glass was mauled by a fucking bear and looked like a corpse and they wanted to drag his ass around. Why they couldn't just leave him with his son and risk peoples lives is beyond me. Shitty what he did to his son for sure and it was a dick move with that whole blink if you want me to end it thing but I saw his original point.
    Didn't help that he was played by Tom Hardy.

It's hard for me to not like Tom Hardy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    Didn't help that he was played by Tom Hardy.

It's hard for me to not like Tom Hardy.
    That too. Superb actor and very nice on the eyes, def my man crush

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    Mithos Yggdrassil from Tales of Symphonia.

He was pretty much an overpowered character in the game. He was so strong and weilded a weapon called The Eternal Sword and split a world in to two seperate worlds to end a war. He placed his dead sisters body in between both worlds and made both worlds fight for mana, so if one was flourishing, the other was in a drought. This was to stop the worlds technologies from getting too hard and burning out mana. But it was also to drain the mana to try revive his sister from death.

The whole reason why he went on his journey with his sister and friends in the first place is still why he fights though, to end the war. He and his sister were Half-elfs, and were shunned from both Elven and Human societies, there was nowhere for Half-Elfes to exist. His sister was killed in the cross fire and he wanted to end all of the descrimination between the three races, so he used mana and magic and technology to create what was called a Cruxis Crystal, which when it eventually went out of control from use, would make the people into Lifeless beings, essentially his idea of Angels. The were pretty brainless and followed orders. If everyone followed his orders and didn't fight each other, his ideal was pretty sound.

So, he wanted everyone to become equal, to become a lifeless being, to end discrimination. I gotta say. When I first played this game, I was STUNNED by its story. I genuinely had no idea games could be so insightful.The way and execution of "everyone becomes equa" was a new kinda concept to me. It was genius. I'd advise everyone to play this game because its a god damn ROLLERCOASTER of a story with amazing gameplay, beautiful visuals, and a wicked soundtrack!
    Big fan of the Tales games, I just wish they'd come to computer.

Has there ever been a villain in a story/game/show who's motives you've agreed with?
    1. Which story/game/show were they from?
    2. What was their point point of view?
    3. Why did you agree with them?
    Sure there are many. Most (well written) villains have motives we can agree with - it is the way they go about getting about archieving them is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Snape was a misunderstood villain.

In Hunter X Hunter there was this ant king super villain who was very interesting. He had the moral of an ant which is no moral code at all but then he experienced personal growth as the story progressed. Very well done and one of the things you'd only see in an anime show.
    I love Meurem <3.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Voldemort simply wanted to keep muggles out of wizard bloodlines so the magic gene wasent spread so thin magic goes extinct - If magic was real I would entirely support him.
    Magneto, the humans really where trying to eradicate mutants, If put in his situation I would try do to the same as him.
    Both of those are subjective though I would only support voldemort if I was in magic and I would only support magneto if I was a mutant.
    The more you think about them the more discrepancies you see, voldemort could've just ran off with a few pureblood women and restarted the magic order on his own and let the current one breed with muggles and lose their magic completely. bleh.

Asgore from Undertale. Just trying to save his people in his own somewhat convoluted way. I'm not sure he counts, since you're supposed to sympathize with him to an extent.

Bandos the war god from Runescape comes to mind. While he's super evil (so I guess motives I don't agree with, wanting all war, all the time) he had a really no-nonsense, blunt honesty kind of philosophy. I respected that.
    Player: You can't use people like that!
    Bandos: Then fight me! There is nothing more pitiful than sulking. If the world is not as you wish, bend it to your will!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bertrand Zobrist from Inferno. Studying microbiology for a reason

7+ Year Old Account
    Lelouch from Code Geass.

I love Watchmen and Symphonia, but Ozymandias and Yggdrasil are cowards in my eyes. Everyone else dies for their perfect world to come true and they get to rule over a world they destroyed.

Lelouch, however, took a similar road to them, but in the end, made himself the sacrificial lamb for a peaceful world instead of the millions of innocents Ozymandias and Mithos destroyed. He's technically the hero, but he orchestrated the deaths of a lot of people in his fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darchi
    Thx America for destroying Europe and world and all mess you cause bcs of your selfishness and only thinking abot yourself and of your interest, creating IS, killing in the name of democracy, etc etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I didn't quite agree with him, but....
    Raistlin Majere from Weis and Hickman's Dragonlance series. He wanted to be a god because he believed that the gods didn't care. And I think every reader cheered him because we all saw through his eyes.
    I'm not going to go through this too deep because I could type up a storm about Dragonlance, but Raistlin was arguably as much of a protagonist as his brother Caramon.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every killer in Motive. Plus I am quite sympathetic with the Smoke Monster on Lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there ever been a villain in a story/game/show who's motives you've agreed with?
    1. Which story/game/show were they from?
    2. What was their point point of view?
    3. Why did you agree with them?
    I've always empathized with Voldemort. Dying is a pretty scary thought.

But I'd say probably say I agree with the Joker in The Dark Knight more than anything. Chaos really is the only 'fair' thing in life. Order and stability are rarely fair, since everyone has motivations, and certain people can manipulate order. You can't really manipulate chaos.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ozymandias and although he's not much of a villain, Wrathion and his mission to protect the world, even some of his methods have led to Garrosh-shaped mistakes.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?