Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It makes sense that you have to pick up the blood from the floor.. I mean shit you did just beat the crap out of him so it is highly logical that he bleeds on the floor and since he is catapulted off the platform you can't just scrape his body for the blood.

The specific kind of frustration you are describing (inconsistencies in how a thing works) is never done on purpose. Its just bad game desing - in this case still in the game, because its not a major problem. Looting stuff has been engrained into players behaviour since level 1. So very little people dont notice they dont have the thing, before they leave the instance. The people that do can just do the instance again.

Sometimes frustration is a necessary byproduct of difficulty or mechanics to stretch content out further. But non of those play a role here.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    The specific kind of frustration you are describing (inconsistencies in how a thing works) is never done on purpose. Its just bad game desing - in this case still in the game, because its not a major problem. Looting stuff has been engrained into players behaviour since level 1. So very little people dont notice they dont have the thing, before they leave the instance. The people that do can just do the instance again.

Sometimes frustration is a necessary byproduct of difficulty or mechanics to stretch content out further. But non of those play a role here.
    Yeah I don't mind they got creative with the blood, but still seems like they intended for some to forget it. Why else would teleportals start sending you to dead end? For those of you who've never tried it, when tried to go back I got teleported to separate platform with no exits and no portal. Had to hearth out.

cause HAuch is sooooo hard to run again?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    So I'm doing the ring quests on an alt. Already done them all, but working my way through again because that's what alts do. I turn in my apexis crystals and dungeon items and Khadgar asks me to go back and kill another dungeon boss I've already killed several times this week - fine. I queue for Auch, get a good group, and we race through the instance. Kill Teron'gor, collect our loot, and leave group... then realize the blood didn't just appear in my bags like most of the other items (books, etc) in this quest line. No, on this one quest you don't get what you need from any of the regular looting methods but have to look for a puddle on floor. Shouldn't they have said that in the quest description? Or had it work like the other quests in this line? Unless... they just thought it was good game design to see if they could trick players into having to repeat a step in the questline that was already repetitive?

I tried going back to the dungeon, but even though the instance is clear, the teleport devices no longer take me to final platform where boss was. Instead, they maroon me on a platform with no way out except hearthing. Another trick to frustrate players? What other purpose does this serve?

I opened a ticket, but the rep said since it is legendary quest they are hands off. "But you can queue again tomorrow." Yes of course I can complete it tomorrow, and it's just a game and it's only one day... But why in the world have it work this way to begin with?
    I mean you are right, don't listen to the blind Blizzard fanboys on this site. It's their fault for not telling us know better, I had the SAME problem when I was running the ring quest the first time.. like... oh there's a pool of blood? Well fudge I guess Im doing It tommorow... as if working, studying and other things don't take up a persons time already.

THe people that comment against this, have millenia to play the game, the rest of us, who work and study and more have limited time, and we are the majority on WOW which they should cator to, who cant spend millions of hours on the game per expansion.

Also not banning us unfairy for being HACKED and then not giving the account back would help... BLIZZARD.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh man its allmost like the quest says from the pool of blood left over after you defeat terron, and allmost like you shouldent just leave someplace before you confirm you got a item, would you kill lich king, have invincable drop then just click him and leave without cheacking your inventory to make sure you picked it up?

7+ Year Old Account
    Further proof that Blizzard hates alts. Someday they, Blizzard, need to confess that they have been actively working against alts and making the life of any player that chooses to play alts a complete misery! I know I'll feel better when they do.