Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    1997-2000.

Baldur's Gate 2, Grim Fandango, StarCraft, Planescape: Torment, Unreal Tournament, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy IX, Diablo 2.

Literally my entire top5 of video games were released during that short amount of time.

EDIT: Oh, forgot Half-Life.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2016-02-12 at 08:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Any time after the late 90's I'd guess. There are always good games out there.

1986 (when I got my NES) till now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    I would say that from the 90s to about PS2 was the best time.

No other generation will ever experience the innovation and the graphical overhauls that came to define gaming (16 bit - 32 - 64/3D - HD).
    Yeah, the time when you went from SNES to N64 and played Mario 64 for the first time, mind blown!

Deleted
    Now, because you can still enjoy the games from before

jackasses

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Since you can still play almost everything from before, wouldn't now be the best time to play video games?
    Well I guess but you wont see & get the emotions when you go from a console from lets say SNES to N64 or PS1 and so on.

Back when OoT released and I never really played on a PC so I dont know if PC had such a big and open epic world at that time, but damn, OoT REALLY blew my mind how it could look so good and be so huge. It was like real life. When you go back now its like, looks ok and is a good game but its not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post

jackasses
    Well, yes & no.

90ies were fucking great, all the way into the early 2k. The whole 16 Bit era was so incredibly fun. And when we were making the transition to the "next gen" and the advent of 3D games - it was like entering another world. Seeing the first PSX (that's what we called it back then) and N64 games - it was a onetime paradigm shift. And gaming was still gaming, instead of watching games play themselves and shittalking on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post

jackasses
    Not really, most games did not age well and you wont get that feeling when playing them when they were released.

For me best time when Baldurs Gate/Icewind Dale series were released, Diablo 2, Warcraft 3 and early years of WoW.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2016-02-12 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid 80s to late 90s. NES, SNES, N64, and Sega Genesis. Early 00s was good too though for the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube.

Man I miss those days.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

1998. Everything that came after was a sequel to or imitation/iteration on the releases of that year.