Poll: Raid Difficulties

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Its pointless for everyone. They can just make normal slightly easier and people who want to see the story can get slightly better at the game and actually learn what it means to play WoW.
    Seriously people like this need to leave wow forever....as if wow was ONLY about raiding roflmao....

No they don't, they just need to elimite LFR.
    Heroic and Mythic are both progression difficulties. LFR is just pointless.
    you mean get rid of hc AND mythic cause both difficulties together are done by LESS players than lfr, right? :-p

Nope, because normal doesn't give you a buff when you wipe to make the subsequent attempt easier. You actually learn to raid in normal. In LFR you learn to be a casual.
    Oh look a lil'snowflake who still has the mantra: "casual = bad"....
    You should not want to underachieve in a video game you are paying money for.
    Seriously dude, become a grown up and stop tryin to dictate how OTHER people have fun in a game, even if its in a way YOU don't like.
    There is no good reason for LFR now that normal is in.
    Normal was in MoP too, it was just called Flex back then....
    Getting a group together properly
    you mean like asking for ilevel 730 for hfc NORMAL? ^^

Its pointless for everyone. They can just make normal slightly easier and people who want to see the story can get slightly better at the game and actually learn what it means to play WoW.
    What you think it means...

It is a game after all. Not everyone can or wants to devote the time it takes to raid regularly but still want to see the content.

I don't know why some of you are so against LFR. It doesn't affect you so...

Seriously, this.... is only a video game. Casual players dont have to live up to a narcissist elitist players standards to enjoy the game. They don't play to make you happy, they don't play to livbe up to your standards. There is seriously something wrong with you if you think casuals have to meet your expectations to do anything they want to do, like seriously in need of a psychologist.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like to return to early-mid Cataclysm raid model.
    Flex system washed away nessesary boundries. Introduction of mythic was not really needed.
    Also I think that lfr was really unhealthy addition to the game but Blizzard cannot simply cut it now. It have to stay in it's WoD form.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

ITT people who ignore raid difficulty settings get their panties twisted.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

Sorry people like this are the toxic "community" in normal/hc/mythic who just has to go....
    I'll be staying, thank you very much, but you know, keep promoting the kind of casualization that has been dragging this game down since Cata launched... WotLK was a perfect balance, hence the massive sub numbers.

I never heard non-raiders complain about a lack of content before LFR was a thing, and back then we had double the subs we do right now, so don't try to tell me this shit is bringing more people into the game, or keeping them here.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-02-13 at 06:05 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I think normal should be the one to go, not LFR. There should be some sort of LFR, to be like a limited version of the raid or some sort of intro story-wise to the raid itself.
    Normal should be current heroic. And heroic should be current mythic. Without making it easier btw.

Now this might seem a bit harsh, since it would mean if you want to raid, you actually have to make an effort. But I think it would be acceptable if there is other stuff to do around except garrison missions and Ashran. And I think they will improve that part in Legion, so "anti-casual" raiding might be a viable choice.

Edit: I say this because I think normal was too easy and lfr is kinda stupid so they should change it's purpose/design.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-02-13 at 05:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The one I would cut is normals (flex). It's not real raiding and it demotivates people.
    Back when throne of thunder came out their was a significant argument about wether or not another difficulty was needed. Throne was over tuned and normal as it was then was leaving people out, this was the legacy of merging 10 and 25 man to be the same difficulty. 10 man had b33n the easier beer league option but they abandoned that in cataclysm. Flex was designed to meet that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    *sigh* what is this obsession with making raids 'epic' again? They have never been 'epic' after the first couple of kills! Get it through your thick fucking skulls: the instant something goes on farm, it becomes a boring grind again! For fuck's sake stop whining about raid difficulties and start demanding MORE GAME. More endgame activities. More organized pvp? Anything.
    After being on farm 13/13 for 5 months I wholeheartedly agree.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR needs to go, and one of the others, doesn't really matter which. Have a easy difficulty and a hard difficulty, no more story mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    What ho,

Let's get real here. We have so many raid difficulties, raiding hardly means anything these days.

Here's what I think we should have, and feel free to disagree with me:

Scouting Missions:

You enter the raid instance in a 5-man group. You don't fight raid bosses, but you play through a sort of pre-raid 5-man dungeon (with several rooms and locations closed off to save some of the surprise for the actual raid), and you get to see bosses 'settle in' as lore events begin to unfold. This will help build a meaningful and engaging narrative around raid dungeons, and let non-raiders get a taste for what would await them if they took the step into raiding. Players will want to conclude the story! Rewards: Rare dungeon loot (with some unique models).

Normal Raiding:
    Plain and simple, this is normal raiding. The mode everyone does when they raid. This is the 'real' version of the raid, and this is what you do to beat the raid instance. Rewards: Epic raid loot.

Mythic Raiding:
    For every raid boss you defeat, the raid will give you the chance to fight a Mythic version of the same boss in the next reset. But you have to choose to do so, for example by toggling a button like in WotLK raids. Rewards: Epic raid loot, plus some exclusive goodies.

Honestly, it doesn't have to be more complex than this. LFR, Normal, and Heroic are pointless and only serve to dilute the experience. I'm currently a non-raider, but I would relish in the opportunity to try out this new raiding model.
    So your argument is to replace raiding difficulties with raiding difficulties. That's pretty moronic. Go home dude. You are drunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Yup. Raiding is supposed to feel like the most epic thing ever. It has to feel worthwhile. Like I'm investing my time into something really tough and demanding, which nets me some sweet bonuses in the end. It used to be like that when I raided quite a lot back in Classic, TBC, and WoTLK. Nowadays you get a lollipop and a re-coloured item for doing something you could spend 1/10 the time accomplishing at a lower difficulty. It's not compelling to me or to most players.
    What are you even talking about? You just make claims about current raiding and you talk like you have experience when in reality you have none. By your logic if raiding isn't fun anymore nor does it feel worthwhile why is there a ton of players that do it? You claim that it doesn't feel worthwhile or the most epic thing ever when you HAVEN'T done it. It's the hardest thing to do in the game and rewards the best loot. How is that not worthwhile? Lmao

The funny thing is our resident narcissist elitists think this is an anti-lfr thread when it is actually an anti-raiding thread because OP has always been anti-raid and pro-dungeon. As far as mojo is concerned you could flush all of raiding and give them more dungeons and he would be happy. This thread is a lollercoaster.

Does anyone else find it completely sociopathic to want them to remove aspects of the game that you don't even play?

I voted too few just to trigger the OP.

I've been a raider for a long long time. I cut my raiding teeth on Karazan when it was current content. I see no problem with multiple difficulty levels.

I cleared MC every week for a year, save one week when I just couldn't stomach going in there and told somebody else to be the loot master. It very quickly ceased to be epic.

Sure, standing around in IF in MC/BWL/AQ40 gear (nobody on my server did more than a few Naxx bosses and I wasn't one of those) got you gawked at and smashing Hordies that you massively out geared in PvP was fun....but good for the game? I think not.

I've been in that top 2% and I don't think it is the model to pursue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Does anyone else find it completely sociopathic to want them to remove aspects of the game that you don't even play?

I voted too few just to trigger the OP.
    You learn to expect it from this community after a few weeks in General Discussions. MMO-Champ is like the Maltese Falcon for disgruntled midcores who're mad that Blizzard couldn't support the pyramid scheme of pouring all their funds into raid development for 5% of the player base.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    I cleared MC every week for a year, save one week when I just couldn't stomach going in there and told somebody else to be the loot master. It very quickly ceased to be epic.

Sure, standing around in IF in MC/BWL/AQ40 gear (nobody on my server did more than a few Naxx bosses and I wasn't one of those) got you gawked at and smashing Hordies that you massively out geared in PvP was fun....but good for the game? I think not.

I've been in that top 2% and I don't think it is the model to pursue.
    I actually think it is.

You see, it gives that exact thing to awe at.

There isn't such a thing and hasn't been in the game for a very long time, maybe Shadowmourne was the last one actually.

Fangs of the Father too but I think I saw those even rarer.

I'm 11/13M HFC and currently unsubbed. In my opinion, there should be at maximum 2 raid difficulties and/or 10-man and 25-man/40-man w/e as well.

The current model, well... it serves its purpose but it doesn't really excite most people enough to push higher up and why should they?
    It is exactly as a couple few mentioned earlier, a useless, pointless part of work for nothing essentially other than your own satisfaction perhaps. And the "fun" of doing it. I know, I know, it is fun but there are limits...

The current raid model has far surpassed those limits.

I'd personally devolve it back to the past... but I'd rather not discuss it further, it makes me swear and stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh current difficulties are fine
    the only thing that has to go are these kinda threads
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    *sigh* what is this obsession with making raids 'epic' again? They have never been 'epic' after the first couple of kills! Get it through your thick fucking skulls: the instant something goes on farm, it becomes a boring grind again! For fuck's sake stop whining about raid difficulties and start demanding MORE GAME. More endgame activities. More organized pvp? Anything.
    So much this ^ about the only one in this thread that actually gets it..

OT Once a person/guild clears a raid instance any feeling of epicness one got from the raid is gone forever and it becomes a chore as all one is doing after that is farming to get gear, changing or removing difficulties will never add epicness back in because it is still the same raid and nothing has changed..