[Prot] Class trinket usage

Very excited because I just got a H WF/S class trinket. browsing around the forums here and there in the past I've always read that there's a "trick" to using the class trinket to get the best usage out of it. Could someone experienced with it please share the in's and out's of this class trinket that would help me get the most out of it? Thank you!

TL;DR How do you effectively use class trinket?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since nobody else answers, I will give you my opinion what that "trick" might be. I gladly stand corrected if someone else comes across this thread.

The duration of the buffs this trinket gives you (less magical damage taken or increased armor) is equal to the duration of their respective triggers. That means: During your shieldblock you will take decrased magical damage for the full 6 seconds of shieldblock. Shieldbarrier however can and will be used up in a matter of a few enemy attacks. In a hard hitting encounter situation that means: You will only profit from the increased armor for the next incoming big hit (given, that it uses up your barrier entirely).
    The trick imo is to put a lot of emphasize on bleeding off excess rage into small barriers. No matter how meager the barrier, you will have a huge chunk of armor more for the next hit. If Shieldblock runs on top of that, it can make the most powerful attacks pretty trivial.

Now, I never bothered to in depth look up how the trinket works and just deduced this from its description. Might be that I am totally on the wrong path and cleared the content on mythic with faulty knowledge about my classtrinket. In that case I, as said above, gladly stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been under my impression that the class trinket is underwhelming and isn't worth using over other options. Mainly Anzu and WUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    It's been under my impression that the class trinket is underwhelming and isn't worth using over other options. Mainly Anzu and WUE.
    Unfortunately I don't have many options when it comes to trinkets. Only trinket I have besides the class trinket is a H WF EDH off of manny, which I def. use for farm type material but have never tried on bosses where mitigation is necessary.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordekae View Post
    I believe that highly depends on the boss, while Anzu is the best option for most Bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    99% sure Anzu and WUE is the may to go for any progress type encounters

Deleted
    Well before the upgrades were introduced I would have said that it did have its merrits on things like Archimonde and Mannoroth but now I think you will honestly find more use out of using Anzu's instead. If you are progressing on Archimonde and your DPS isn't up to scratch on killing the doom lords then it may be useful but if you are burning them down with a fully upgraded raid then there shouldn't be much need for it as they tend to die before you get more than 3 stacks of the debuff which is easily manageable by using last stand on every other one.