Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

WoW Legion Demonology Warlock Artifact Quest Line Video

Hey fellow locks!

Recorded myself doing the demo artifact quest so everyone can see it. I will say tho it's great fun to play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIHTjIxMPYw

Astro

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks very interesting and the floating head looks amusing and freaky!
    The gameplay looks really fun, demonbolts seem more colorful lol. Imps look huge....bigger than a goblin atleast :P

I love that artifact ! protec warriors and paladins should have had their artifact focus on their shield too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    Looks very interesting and the floating head looks amusing and freaky!
    The gameplay looks really fun, demonbolts seem more colorful lol. Imps look huge....bigger than a goblin atleast :P
    Imps are the size they currently are but when you use your demonic empowerment which for demonologists is going to be pretty much as much as humanly possible all your affected pets pretty much double in size. Its a wall of giant demon thingies for sure.

Honestly, it confirms all my fears about the artifact looking too much like a companion pet; it surely need animations, and i hope those will involve spellcasting ones, or it will be extremely boring after few weeks...

Also, the rotation we see used isn't exciting at all, just a lot of imps, 2 Dreadstalkers that looks quiet poor and a lot of SB, i hoped for a lot more in a legion based exp, like pit lords, dread lords and new demons and more impressive fel spell... that is just my pov, no one get offended pls, here ppl get really upset quickly if u do not scream in pleasure for all blizzard is doing..

Sorry, i didn't look at your video but i was talking about the one in the main page... in your i see DB, wich i like, really.... but other things still apply!
    ...and those imp riding dreadstalkers are simply horrible....
    Last edited by volrat; 2016-02-15 at 10:22 PM.

After watching this, it hit me.
    Demo warlocks are gonna be the first dps caster that can't kill tanks. Since the majority of the dps comes from pets and physical dmg.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Honestly, it confirms all my fears about the artifact looking too much like a companion pet; it surely need animations, and i hope those will involve spellcasting ones, or it will be extremely boring after few weeks...

Also, the rotation we see used isn't exciting at all, just a lot of imps, 2 Dreadstalkers that looks quiet poor and a lot of SB, i hoped for a lot more in a legion based exp, like pit lords, dread lords and new demons and more impressive fel spell... that is just my pov, no one get offended pls, here ppl get really upset quickly if u do not scream in pleasure for all blizzard is doing..

Sorry, i didn't look at your video but i was talking about the one in the main page... in your i see DB, wich i like, really.... but other things still apply!
    ...and those imp riding dreadstalkers are simply horrible....
    It will only become as boring as any other weapon, and not meant to be any more spectacular than the other legendary items.
    I dont think you can just look at the rotation and judge it like that, demonology has always been a more challenging spec to play and I still expect it to be, albeit it does seem to be prone to CC on the minions. Demonbolt looks like it will still be a major source of damage and scaling with number of demons in control will make it op!
    Oh and btw we do have a Fel Lord option in the PVP talent tree, as far a more powerful demons go.

Thanks for the video. Man, combat looks exhausting. What's the dark purple dust that is constantly on you?

I tried to say hi in another thread, but not sure if I got blanket thread-closed or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Thanks for the video. Man, combat looks exhausting. What's the dark purple dust that is constantly on you?

I tried to say hi in another thread, but not sure if I got blanket thread-closed or what.
    Demonbolts spell animation, if you're talkin bout what I think you're talkin bout.

Don't think it normally looks like that, seems like they just didn't adjust it or something for goblins yet as its not normally that obnoxious iirc.

edit: actually its just as obnoxious on other races atm, they're just bigger so the entire model doesn't get consumed by it.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-02-16 at 07:02 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by villa View Post
    After watching this, it hit me.
    Demo warlocks are gonna be the first dps caster that can't kill tanks. Since the majority of the dps comes from pets and physical dmg.
    Demonbolt says hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, combat looks exhausting.
    It's alpha, they just increased mob health by a factor cause killing mobs took too short previously. I think they over did it tbh.

As for the actual Demo rotation: I feel it's too the same constantly. Lots of similar length cast times, lots of similar type smaller damage amounts all working together to make a larger amount of damage on targets. I'd like more variation in cast times and damage amounts.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's alpha, they just increased mob health by a factor cause killing mobs took too short previously. I think they over did it tbh.

As for the actual Demo rotation: I feel it's too the same constantly. Lots of similar length cast times, lots of similar type smaller damage amounts all working together to make a larger amount of damage on targets. I'd like more variation in cast times and damage amounts.
    Yeah, that's unfortunately a side-effect of pet-classing. There's so *many* damage sources that no single source feels particularly significant until you look at a post-raid spreadsheet. One of the reasons so much damage was overloaded into Chaos Bolt.

Personally I just find the spec a bit too... mechanical?

There's not really any RNG that you react to in the spec. The bulk of your dmg comes from abilities that you simply use on CD, and buffing those abilities with another ability which you'll need to cast pretty much immediately after the initial CD's. The only thing you kind of manage is shadowflame stacks, and even that is effectively based around a set cooldown with set cast times.

The spec comes off as very scripted, to the degree that you'd basically have a specific sequence for an entire fight that would always be the same cast for cast.

Cadence of keys is hard.

When I was working on the classes, Affliction was the "proactively refresh" spec, Destruction was the "rhythmic memorization" spec and Demo was kind of a clusterfuck. It's not too surprising it became the self-buff maintenance spec.

Deleted
    what the hell is hog supposed to be? finishing move that causes damage per combo point. blizzard might aswell give us anticipation so we dont cap on soulshards when we doom multiple targets. :^)

It's interesting, because they just sort of flipped it around.

Legion demo is effectively scripted

Legion aff is an absolute clusterfuck that is going to be almost unplayable without heavy addons and macros

And destro is largely the same as its been since 5.0, with its aoe looking like its a bit gutted / traded for an increased emphasis on its cleave.

I think a cleave instead of AoE focus is good for Destro.

*shrug macro* I haven't looked at Affliction, but this IS the artifact questline thread.

Oh they completely removed dark soul from all specs as well, and instead have doomguard / infernal as our major CD. Except they work out exactly as you'd expect, so we effectively don't have a major CD anymore.

Eh, Dark Souls was a pretty dumb stat-buff. I mean there was no mechanical complexity to it at all. Just stack-with-other-cooldowns.

Eh, Dark Souls was a pretty dumb stat-buff. I mean there was no mechanical complexity to it at all. Just stack-with-other-cooldowns.
    At its basest yes, but that's not how it necessarily played out on encounters. Which I'm sure you already understand.