Sylvanas and her role in Legion. ((Possible Spoilers))

This isn't more of a what she is, what she is doing post more of a venting my opinion on it post.

So we have all known for years Sylvanas is batshit insane worse than a goblin brain in an abomination. Yet I would be really aggravated if she killed off Varian or imprisoned Vol'jin. It doesn't seem like her to be that stupid. She is cold and collected, she wouldn't kill Varian in the middle of a battle when she could just leave him to fend for himself. It doesn't seem like the type of thing for her to want to take over the entire horde. She has is and always wants to do what is best for the forsaken and herself.

Yes I do agree the whole BS the BS in Cata with her using the Valk'yr to raise new forsaken is a little strenuous but I saw it more of a "Hey Garrosh Asshat, you keep sending my people against the alliance and getting them killed. I'm gonna need more people." Hence her assault on Gilneas. Kill the humans make undead, bigger force. Oops they are worgen.

To me Sylvanas will always have backup plans for her back up plans. And when it comes down to it. If she went after the warchief throne it would get her and the forsaken killed. If she did kill Varian it would mean retribution and another stupid ass war where she will lose more forsaken and possibly die in the process.

TL;DR Sylvanas wouldn't do the what people think she did because she would be putting herself and the forsaken at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, we haven't.
    Admits herself that the only difference between her and the Lich King is, "I serve the Horde."
    Raises the dead, despite whining how much being undead sucks.
    OUTRIGHT STATED IN HER OWN OFFICIAL 110% CANON STORY that she doesn't give a damn about her people, and only keeps up the impression of such so they can serve as a shield against her demise.

Heck, she's CONFIRMED AS GOING TO WARCRAFT HELL. The universe is literally saying, "She's evil".

7+ Year Old Account
    wowhead uploaded a voice over

she pretty much fights alongside the alliance and the horde.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-02-13 at 03:21 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Admits herself that the only difference between her and the Lich King is, "I serve the Horde."
    You realize she was being intentionally snide and insolent, right? I doubt that she was giving a careful, philosophically considered answer to the question "how am I different from the Lich King?" She was mocking Garrosh.

Raises the dead, despite whining how much being undead sucks.
    True, which makes her a profound moral hypocrite, but doesn't make her "insane" as such.

OUTRIGHT STATED IN HER OWN OFFICIAL 110% CANON STORY that she doesn't give a damn about her people, and only keeps up the impression of such so they can serve as a shield against her demise.
    Her story, like any story, has a chronological order to it -- the most recent thing we got from her on the subject of her regard from her people was her speech in Silverpine as you ride with her, as she lays out her motivation for the campaign to take all of Lordaeron; that that is her people's home and nobody is going to take it from them. So at the very least she has mixed feelings about her people; they may be her bulwark against damnation but she also wants them to have their autonomy and security from the rest of the world.

Heck, she's CONFIRMED AS GOING TO WARCRAFT HELL. The universe is literally saying, "She's evil".
    Nothing's set in stone, because storytelling.

In the Legion trailer she is doing a pretty straight Big Damn Hero (ain't we just) routine; while there'd be a certain sociopathic brilliance to killing him during their kinda weird team-fighting foreplay thing, it doesn't feel like the story they were telling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    wowhead uploaded a voice over

she pretty much fights with he alliance and the horde.
    Nothing in there has her fighting against the Horde.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    If Sylvanas killed Varian, I'm pretty sure there'd be some mention of it in the Horde questline. I'm pretty sure if the Horde did it, they'd want to be there for it. That's why I doubt it most of all.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Nothing in there has her fighting against the Horde.
    she pretty much fights with he alliance and the horde.
    when did i say she fights against the horde?

Formerly known as Arafal

She's really not insane. Her motivations are pretty clear, some of the clearest of the faction leaders actually.

#1: Self Preservation.
    #2: Ensure the continued existence of er people.

Everything she's done, you can easily see through that lens. And yes, Garrosh did order the Forsaken to take Gilneas (there was still Kor'Kron occupying the city, cause Wrathgate)

What we know in Legion is, because of the discovery of the true home of the Val'kyr, Sylvanas is pretty damn focused on solving #1&2 because there just might be a solution here. Fighting the Legion is probably a close 3rd.

P.S. Why are so many "gates" scandals? Watergate, Gamergate, Wrathgate...seems like a bad way to end a name :P

I think Stormdash -like me- misread your quote at first. I think we read it as she fights WITH (against) the alliance and horde; I did later (while listening) realize you meant it more as in she fights with (alongside) the alliance and horde.

are you serious? you wrote it RIGHT THERE!

"She pretty much fights with the alliance and THE HORDE"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post

i mean that she fights alongside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitholan View Post
    I think Stormdash -like me- misread your quote at first. I think we read it as she fights WITH (against) the alliance and horde; I did later (while listening) realize you meant it more as in she fights with (alongside) the alliance and horde.

Formerly known as Arafal

She fighting against the legion with the horde and alliance at her side.

Its not rocket science
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    She's emotionally crying that she doesn't care.. To me and anyone with a basic understanding of how humans work that is a clear indication that she cares about them and that she is in clear denial.
    But she's not human. For elves, it just means she's constipated.

Deleted

Excuse me, but are you always this dense?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

This is quite sad tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    This is quite sad tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Excuse me, but are you always this dense?
    How is he sad and dense to assume that the person used the phrase correctly? "Fight with" means "fight against", not "fight alongside".

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/fight+with

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyldragon View Post
    How is he sad and dense to assume that the person used the phrase correctly? "Fight with" means "fight against", not "fight alongside".

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/fight+with
    It is a common usage of the phrase, especially in that context, despite 'alongside' being the accurate. If others understood the context, then I am afraid he is dense indeed for not.