Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I feel like last time I read about Force Bolt (Aluneth's passive) the part that says "This damage is increased the longer Force Bolt is not triggered." completely passed me by, perhaps it was listed by WoWhead but not MMO Champion?
    That does something to quiet any fears we might have had about the staff passive only being useful during a conserve phase anyway. While you are burning, and not generating charges, it simply builds in power until you clear them and start generating again.
    Refreshing the 4th Charge is counted as generating a Charge, there's just nothing to further increase numerically. Or, to be more precise, Blast and Missiles always generate a Charge, as do some of the new spells like Charged Up, no matter the Charge mechanic's limit of maxing at 4. The only thing that doesn't "generate" a Charge is Explosion's charge refresh mechanic, unless of course you manage to get lucky and cast it that one time out of fifty when it actually does generate one. I feel like I could have explained this way better, but you get it.
    My magic will tear you apart.

I know that you still "generate" charges when you are at the cap, but when we were talking about it in the general topic I was informed by people who claimed to be in Alpha that Force Bolt never procs if you are already at the cap, only if you are increasing the counter on your bar.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38765236

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool then, I missed that, sorry.

Deleted
    Yeah. Need proper sims to see if it's worth dropping quickening to keep triggering Force Bolt during your burn, by resetting and using Charged Up to go back to 4 stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GriepenTN View Post
    Yeah. Need proper sims to see if it's worth dropping quickening to keep triggering Force Bolt during your burn, by resetting and using Charged Up to go back to 4 stacks.
    There's honestly no need to test this stuff for at least another two to three months. Proc chances and spell coefficients are more likely to change than not and testing anything now won't make any difference. I would, however, like to know what the current Force Bolt proc chance is. Are you able to spend a few minutes testing that and reporting?

Deleted
    Yeah, of course. It's just fun trying new things and theorizing how it will play out in a raid. And I cba testing the actual % proc rate, but it's really high.

Deleted
    Can someone who is in the alpha test if Arcane Rebound can bounce between 2 targets, or do you need the full 5 to get the free supernova?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTempest View Post
    Can someone who is in the alpha test if Arcane Rebound can bounce between 2 targets, or do you need the full 5 to get the free supernova?
    need full 5, idk what the supernova is anyway, when i was doing a dungeon, it didnt actually seem to proc any ability called supernova. maybe I need to be specced into supernova though, which I wasnt.

arcane rebound is its own spell, hits for ~ as much as arcane barrage's cleave. funnily enough, it hits targets before arcane barrage does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone has a video where we can see [Arcane Rebound] in motion? That could be perhaps the only good thing our Artefact is giving us after all...

Deleted
    I know that you still "generate" charges when you are at the cap, but when we were talking about it in the general topic I was informed by people who claimed to be in Alpha that Force Bolt never procs if you are already at the cap, only if you are increasing the counter on your bar.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post38765236
    Yep, you also get a stacking buff for each generated charge if Force Bolt did not proc. If you spam AB with 4 Charges, this stack does not increase. IIRC my highest stack was 6 or 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting links here!! These are the presumed official feedback threads about Arcane Mages at the Legion Alpha General Discussion Forums:

European version: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610601262

North-American version: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742344184
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-02-15 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Interesting links here!! These are the presumed official feedback threads about Arcane Mages at the Legion Alpha General Discussion Forums:

European version: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17610601262

North-American version: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/20742344184
    Can we have these on the top of every thread?

Why? There's nothing "official" about those threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? There's nothing "official" about those threads.
    Well, I suppose that if anyone has to give some feedback about the Arcane Mages, these threads are the correct place, as they are on the official forums of Blizzard...

This may be a surprising notion, but anyone in alpha can make their own topic on the official forums of Blizzard at any time, and they do not need to do it in someone else's thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be a surprising notion, but anyone in alpha can make their own topic on the official forums of Blizzard at any time, and they do not need to do it in someone else's thread.
    Then presumably will be there dozens of open threads for the same? What a chaos!

Now I understand why Blizzard ignores the mages feedback ...

Anyone has a video where we can see [Arcane Rebound] in motion? That could be perhaps the only good thing our Artefact is giving us after all...
    Arcane Rebound doesn't work atm.

Then presumably will be there dozens of open threads for the same? What a chaos!

Now I understand why Blizzard ignores the mages feedback ...

I could go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could go on.
    Definitely Blizzard need to hire somebody to put in order those forums! What a chaos!

If Blizzard wanted official single feedback topics for every thread, they would have made them themselves :P