Page 1 of 63
... LastLast

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia found dead of possible natural causes

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-...nd-6828930.php

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.

Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.

According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.

U.S. District Judge Fred Biery said he was among those notified about Scalia's death.

"I was told it was this morning," Biery said of Scalia's death. "It happened on a ranch out near Marfa. As far as the details, I think it's pretty vague right now as to how," he said. "My reaction is it's really unfortunate with any death. And now, politically, in the presidential cycle we're in my educated guess is nothing will happen before the next president is elected."

The U.S. Marshal Service, the Presidio County sheriff and the FBI were involved in the investigation.
    Officials with the law enforcement agencies declined to comment.

A federal official who asked not to be named said there was no evidence of foul play and it appeared that Scalia died of natural causes.

Scalia was nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan.

No huge news sources reporting this yet, so be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    No huge news sources reporting this yet, so be cautious.

It's official.

I disliked Scalia greatly. Not at all moved to condolence by this news when I read it at lunch this afternoon.

No death is worth celebrating, but they're not all worth mourning either.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    No death is worth celebrating, but they're not all worth morning either.
    I don't like the idea of celebrating anybody's death but this definitely has heavy implications on the election if true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, that means Obama will need to appoint another Justice before leaving. Interesting, I wonder who it could be.

Well so much for the constitution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    I don't like the idea of celebrating anybody's death but this definitely has heavy implications on the election if true.
    Hey I want mine to be celebrated..Welll celebrate my life.

As for this am I the ONLY one who wonders what kind of private party?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Oh, that means Obama will need to appoint another Justice before leaving. Interesting, I wonder who it could be.
    And the internet trembled in fear as a wave of foaming conservative mouths started to bark away...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an American but I am familiar with Justice Scalia and his attitudes.

I feel sorry for his family that he has died. Every Human death, with very few exceptions, is a tragedy and should be mourned.

Attention will now turn to his successor in the Supreme Court. Obama will want to move to replace Scalia but dare he go for a liberal justice that the Republicans will block or someone a lot less right wing that Scalia but not as left wing as some of his other choices?

Wow! Amazing! Shocking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why isn't this on CNN yet? Or Reuters? Or...well, anything?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbIGiBDUAAEGtJq.png:large[IMG]

It's official.
    This proves nothing. Anyone can photoshop a state seal onto a fake letter.

I'm seeing zero major news sources confirm this. Not believing it until I do.

Surprising. He wasn't stepping down because of health or anything. Seems pretty unexpected. he was out quail hunting that day, so not even infirm or anything. Just up and died.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    And the internet trembled in fear as a wave of foaming conservative mouths started to bark away...
    It's ok, I have "And They Shall Know No Fear".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post

It's offical. BBC news are reporting it now, as is Breitbart. Other websites and news organizations will follow shortly.

This is silly.

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/...lia-dead-at-79

head out of the sand, please.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Guardian is reporting it.

Obama might get to replace him with a liberal.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland