Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I generally think that if you are in need of shouting it like a chant, then they are in the wrong chapter of history. In this book, both white and black pride has had their positive and negative but in that chapter, only one group went too far.

Though, as I said, I don't like it when people have to chant it, that is close to be the section where people wish to disregard others for their own cause - even gay pride has had a few of those.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Seems like you are not allowed to be part of the successful ethnic group anymore.

You're asking for some safe space? White pride has historically been associated with precisely those things, so it's not wrong.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    I'm triggered because I'm discussing certain topics with self-hating Whites.
    Lol, tell the class, how do you feel about women who claim nonfeminist women have internalized misogyny.

It makes me feel dumb. I feel dumber because of it.
    Prior conditions apparently not withstanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    White people can't be proud.
    All because we have cucks being ashamed of what they are. Of being White.
    Or because you have disgusting racist bigots who use stupid phrases like cuck to refer to other people, because they aren't inclined to be guilt tripped into being white racist.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Seems like you are not allowed to be part of the successful ethnic group anymore.
    It's somewhat unseemly to take pride in being the "successful ethnic group" when that success has largely been born on legal oppression, and in many cases, literal terrorism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You'll notice right there in the derpy little graphic it includes groups like the Black Panthers under black pride. What's the word you guys have for people who get offended at things that aren't there?

The difference is there's been plenty of significant entirely positive movements encouraging pride in African American heritage, where as white pride as a movement has pretty much just been skin heads.
    The point being though, is that the outcome is how the descriptions align with each other and portray only white people in a bad light.

My post isn't to discuss historical accuracy, the point of my post is to question the way in which this is portrayed is actually helpful to anyone, anywhere as society moves forwards.

Bad mouthing white people just makes me quietly think "OK, if that's how you're going to be, f**k you and go help yourself".

My outwards action is - Smile and walk away. I have my own life to live and I can't be bothered with you.

How is that helpful at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    The point being though, is that the outcome is how the descriptions align with each other and portray only white people in a bad light.
    I've already addressed this several times, including in the post you just quoted. The historical usage of the two terms has not been the same because it hasn't just been analogous groups using it. This is not complicated.

Bad mouthing white people just makes me quietly think "OK, if that's how you're going to be, f**k you and go help yourself".
    If you find basic historical facts about the term "white pride" to be bad mouthing what does that tell us about your political leanings?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or race baiting white nationalist trying to shame other white people by basically calling them Uncle Toms.

Deleted
    Lol, tell the class, how do you feel about women who claim nonfeminist women have internalized misogyny.

Prior conditions apparently not withstanding.
    Being feminist today is enough for me to brand that woman as being "something".

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Or because you have disgusting racist bigots who use stupid phrases like cuck to refer to other people, because they aren't inclined to be guilt tripped into being white racist.
    Self hating Whites speaking about being guilt tripped, that surely is golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to be looking for conflict where there is none. Take a step back, find a safe space and calm down. Come back when you're ready to have a discussion with the adults.

cucks are gonna cuck.

i don't really give a shit about my race, honestly. i don't feel any pride over anything, i just exist. though i definitely think whites should be able to take great pride in their self if they want to. but i still think most showings of pride are idiotic, from racial pride, to the shit that hardcore raiders do.

As you didn't answer the question I'm assuming you understood the point and found it too embarrassing to actually address.

10+ Year Old Account

My post isn't to discuss historical accuracy, the point of my post is to question the way in which this is portrayed is actually helpful to anyone, anywhere as society moves forwards.

My outwards action is - Smile and walk away. I have my own life to live and I can't be bothered with you.

How is that helpful at all?
    Yeah so you taken your own personal problems with others and put it on an entire race or group, because of what you perceive others doing. It's called growing the fuck up, and taking responsibility.

If you made this about Feminism I am a guy, I don't take every fucking truth said about the past and men as personally offensive, or not want to support feminism because some feminist hate men.

Deleted
    As you didn't answer the question I'm assuming you understood the point and found it too embarrassing to actually address.
    There wasn't any question. You should ask it properly next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a not from respected athletes, they don't go around gloating about how much better they are than their competition. Why white people would need to remind others that they've enjoyed the top of the totem pole for a millennium is beyond me.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There wasn't any question. You should ask it properly next time.
    Because really, something tell me you don't find that acceptable. But you sure do seem to be ok with claiming white people who disagree with you are self hating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Take a not from respected athletes, they don't go around gloating about how much better they are than their competition. Why white people would need to remind others that they've enjoyed the top of the totem pole for a millennium is beyond me.
    Especially when historically that place at the top has been enforced with blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Self hating Whites speaking about being guilt tripped, that surely is golden.
    Nothing self hating about acknowledging the truth about the past instead of trying to milk some why racist guilt bullshit. Just because of your skin you aren't owed empathy one way or another, most people are generally decent because they actually give a shit about others.

Just because you feel not enough White People give a shit about white people only shines the light on your own ignorance.

Deleted
    I've already addressed this several times, including in the post you just quoted. The historical usage of the two terms has not been the same because it hasn't just been analogous groups using it. This is not complicated.

If you find basic historical facts about the term "white pride" to be bad mouthing what does that tell us about your political leanings?
    I'm proud to be white.

Except if I say so, I'm portrayed in a bad light (by some) because of context which is further antagonised by Wikipedia reinforcement.

Left Wing over PC pushes normal people away. It is self defeating. You above all should know that after 50,000 posts and still unsuccessfully fighting to get people to see your point of view.

A change of tact would help you much better.

I'm proud to be white.
    Why? What about being white makes you proud?