How long will it take me to get my ring?

If I boost a lvl 100 today how long will it take me to get the legendary ring? I want to get it on my shaman.

Conservatively, 8-10 weeks. With amazing RNG, you might get it done in 6-7 weeks, but that's really pushing it.

You can do the first part and get the 680 ring the day you boost if you go ham, unlocking the HM gathering quest. Coupled with the naval missions, you can likely get that done in 2-3 weeks. The BRF portion should take another 2-3 weeks including naval missions. Then you have the Sea Chart and Tomes which will take yet another 2-3 weeks.

And that's assuming you do everything you possibly can every week to get the ring.

With Legion very quickly coming on the horizon though, it's entirely likely you won't even be close to maxing the ring out with upgrades before HFC is completely obsolete...so whether it's even worth it is another question all on its own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally with my most recent alt it took me 1 week for 680, 2 weeks for 690, 2 weeks for 715, and 4-5 weeks for 735. All together about 9-10 weeks. Although my tome luck was terrible and I was probably put back a week or two because of it. As long as you stay on top of your shipyard and weekly boss farms you will have it within two months.

Took me:

1 day for the 680
    2 weeks for the 690
    2 weeks for the 715 (1st week overlapped with 2nd week of 690)
    4 weeks for 735

so 7 weeks in total. That assumes alt bonuses as well.

Deleted
    I think 2 months is pretty accurate. Give or take a few weeks depending on luck etc.
    After that the matter of upgrading the ring to max is going to take some some extra weeks of Valor grinding of course (assuming you want it because you want to be in raid team).
    Last edited by mmocb3d24e6671; 2016-02-14 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Conservatively, 8-10 weeks. With amazing RNG, you might get it done in 6-7 weeks, but that's really pushing it.

You can do the first part and get the 680 ring the day you boost if you go ham, unlocking the HM gathering quest. Coupled with the naval missions, you can likely get that done in 2-3 weeks. The BRF portion should take another 2-3 weeks including naval missions. Then you have the Sea Chart and Tomes which will take yet another 2-3 weeks.

And that's assuming you do everything you possibly can every week to get the ring.

With Legion very quickly coming on the horizon though, it's entirely likely you won't even be close to maxing the ring out with upgrades before HFC is completely obsolete...so whether it's even worth it is another question all on its own.
    I think more than 8 weeks is a little too conservative. You'd have to get pretty bad RNG to take 10 I think. 6 would need pretty good RNG. 7 or 8 seems about right. Remember, in your 2-3 weeks for each step that they can overlap - you can finish HM in week 3, and do week 1 of BRF that same week, same for HFC.

You're right about the time to max the ring (assuming he doesn't want to grind out a 4-5 weeks of max VP every week) but it sounds like he just wants to get it done on an alt just to have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has taken two alts 1 week to finish stones, 2 weeks to finish runes, and 3 weeks for tomes. This includes doing ship and garrison missions everyday (which is key) and doing the weekly tannan quest twice for stones and runes.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Legion wont be released until after June so 4 months is plenty to even upgrade ring to max assume you get max vp

Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    If I boost a lvl 100 today how long will it take me to get the legendary ring? I want to get it on my shaman.
    The first few stages are fast.
    Working your garrison is really the key for speeding it up, and that means shipyard + mage tower. The mission completion orders from the mage tower will finish the shipyard legendary missions immediately, and new shipyard legendary missions spawn exactly 8 hours after the last one was picked up (or finished, I'm not sure). Potentially, that's a maximum of 3 legendary shipyard completions per day. It's unlikely you'll have that many mission completion orders on hand, but every one of them is effectively an extra legendary mission in the day.

For my most recent toon, it had the 715 ring by the end of week 1. I still had to plug away at BRF LFR and shipyard missions for another week to finish the runestones, and that was done with 2 days before the reset. That would have been an extra week's of HFC tomes, but you can't get any tomes if you kill those bosses before you get the quest, and I had already full cleared the place, so that had to wait. Over the next 4 weeks I got 32 tomes, and in 2 days I expect to finish, but conceivably if I had not gone into HFC on week 2, that would make it 6 weeks to finish the legendary with sub-par droprates on tomes but in my specific case 7.

I do have the alt bonus, so that probably affected my ability to finish highmaul and BRF a bit faster, but really strict shipyard management would have contributed the same.