Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

When I was 14 my favorite band was?

When I was 14 my favorite band was?

Yep, I really had no idea, where the hell Sweden was or what the hell really went on there, but I enjoyed their music.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Linkin Park i guess
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    Linkin Park i guess
    Any particular album, and any particular songs you liked, did you see them perform live ever?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

At 14...iirc, that was when I first discovered Metallica, and I was a big fan. By the time the next couple of years had passed, I owned every album they'd released up to that point. ReLoad was my first, then I started picking up some of the older stuff like Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets.

I love both of their styles (both before and after the self-titled album). I think the fact that ReLoad was my first made me more tolerant of the later material that so many long-time fans didn't like.

I'm still a fan at age 30 (as long as I pretend that St. Anger never existed), but I've moved on to the point that they're nowhere near my favorite anymore.

Probably Eazy-E. But well he's a solo artist. If you only care about bands then probably Type O Negative. I was a gothic gangster.

How do you not know what/where Sweden is at 14 years old? Skipped literally any class that dealt with things outside of North America?

Probably Metallica/Disturbed for the most part, was just before I started listening to a lot of EDM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Linkin Park, Hybrid Theory. Forgotten being my favorite song. Then Reanimation came out and I loved that, then Meteora came out and I loved that, after that I dropped off.

I still listen to those albums every now and again.

Eminem and Metallica, picked two due to character limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edguy used to be my first favourite band ever, but I am not sure if I was 14 already or even younger. They have very funny lyrics, now I laugh at all the sexual jokes I didn't get back then.

After that I became obssessed with Slipknot. Volume 3: Subliminal Verses being my favourite album, with Self-Titled close behind. Not fan of their newest record though, it just doesn't sound the same to me without Paul and Joey.

System of a down..
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Hmmm at 14. Wow that was a long time ago... Eh... Either Jean Michel Jarre or Limbonic Art, depending on the time of year.

http://jeanmicheljarre.com/wp-conten...hronologie.jpg before November.

http://www.metal-archives.com/images.../2249.jpg?1107 after November.
    Last edited by Snorkle; 2016-02-15 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    14 and band I would think would be Link Park's Hybrid Theory album. Though I was heavily into Britney Spears at the time for my sins. (she's not a band though)

Turn of the Millennium, so probably about then /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account

No shame, MCR still goes hard as hell

Metallica ! I was in year 8 in highschool and a friend passed me his casette walkman in a geography class and suggested I listen. I was hooked from then on. Yes.. I'm old
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not a band, but I already loved most video game music. Particularly, anything touched by David Wise.

Like this one, which is more recent:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pMZa_vUQ1k

10+ Year Old Account

\,,/
    Thundercunts and stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Like many others, I also really got into Metallica when I was a teenager. They were the first band I consciously cared about - as in, bought records by.

Tool... something about a drugged up deadbeat constantly angered at religion and society filled a void. Plus, they had a nice habit of playing with visuals and symbolism:

I guess by then I had come to enjoy Rhapsody of Fire a whole bunch.