Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Your wish is my command. *bling!*
    Granted without fire arms knife wielding gangs now run the streets unopposed! Without guns the police are simply over whelmed by sheer numbers.
    Last edited by Silverlock; 2016-02-15 at 01:57 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Or being reasonably concerned. There's no logical reason to be carrying a murder weapon around in public. Can't believe you people are defending that.

If anyone has mental issues, it's the people that try to justify casually walking around with tools to commit mass murder.
    If you are reasonably concerned then the issue should be reported in a reasonable manner. The person with the gun gave no reason for anyone to be concerned, the person complaining however came off as a drug crazed lunatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverlock View Post
    Granted without fire arms knife wielding gangs now run the streets unopposed! Without guns the police are simply over whelmed by sheer numbers.
    Strange, as basically no one (the number is conveniently measurable in "dozens") is allowed to carry a firearm around up here, yet there is a distinct lack of knife-wielding gangs, and our overall homicide rate is in fact far lower than that of the USA.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Strange, as basically no one (the number is conveniently measurable in "dozens") is allowed to carry a firearm around up here, yet there is a distinct lack of knife-wielding gangs, and our overall homicide rate is in fact far lower than that of the USA.
    If you are taking about Canada that isn't true my little brother has a conceal carry permit up there.

He's like a broken record.

"You are the problem, my friend." I love that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are taking about Canada that isn't true my little brother has a conceal carry permit up there.
    Concealed? I doubt it.

There are approximately 8000 people in Canada with Authorization to Carry permits. Roughly 5800 of those are held by armoured car guards who can only carry while on duty.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind

Concealed? I doubt it.

There are approximately 8000 people in Canada with Authorization to Carry permits. Roughly 5800 of those are held by armoured car guards who can only carry while on duty.
    He was in military so maybe hes a exception are they actually hard to get? What do you protect yourself with then tasers? Mace?

That weird useless three inches of metal someone tried to sell me while I was getting my degree?

10+ Year Old Account
    He was in military so maybe hes a exception are they actually hard to get? What do you protect yourself with then tasers? Mace?
    1. Yes. ATC's issued for "protection of life" almost exclusively require a verifiable threat that the police cannot provide adequate protection against. As I said upthread, basically all ATCs are issued for professional purposes, and would only be allowed to be carried while acting in that professional capacity.

2. No and no. Both tazers and pepper spray are prohibited weapons.

1. Yes. ATC's issued for "protection of life" almost exclusively require a verifiable threat that the police cannot provide adequate protection against. As I said upthread, basically all ATCs are issued for professional purposes, and would only be allowed to be carried while acting in that professional capacity.

2. No and no. Both tazers and pepper spray are prohibited weapons.

So... do you have rape whistles or something?

I love this video. Theres a few posters on here i could see acting like this. Shouldve been titled "mmoc-gen ot visits america"

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a lot more is going with this man than can be seen in the video. He is obviously alarmed and pushing the button, but he doesn't seem to be allowing for the conductor to respond.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

So... do you have rape whistles or something?
    "you better not harm me, ill pull out my phone and call the cops and theyll be here to pick up my body in 30minutes to an hour!"

Deleted
    What is it with yanks getting in other peoples business. If that was in Britain people would have backed off and scowled from a distance.

This is what happens when you teach people to be afraid of guns.

Every thread here seems kind of serious so why not have a more relaxed thread about someone freaking out over conceal carry?

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you conductor we have a problem.

I think that guy posts on this forum under a few different names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I kinda enjoy the disorder this caused the people on the train. However, shooting video on a smartphone in portrait is a modern travesty.

Humanity, you deserve naught but dust.
    Everything is a selfie. Steven Spielbergs Ice Bucket Challenge video was shot in portrait mode (not by him but that's no excuse).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilde View Post
    Or being reasonably concerned. There's no logical reason to be carrying a murder weapon around in public. Can't believe you people are defending that.

If anyone has mental issues, it's the people that try to justify casually walking around with tools to commit mass murder.
    Are you the guy in the video?

- - - Updated - - -

Also WTF is with people shoehorning gun agendas in here