Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agree with this 100%.

The model of the Artifact pet is from 4 expansions ago (Wod -> MoP -> Cata -> WotLK)... extremely disappointing to say the least if this pet is supposed to be with us 100% of the time. I'd be OK if the model was like Gara or the other WoD wolf models, but Hati is going to look like shit next to my tamed Fel Wolf....

I really hope the model is a place holder, or at the very least we get to change the model based on the model we're using of the weapon itself, because as it is now, using a wolf model from WotLK is embarrassing.
    Exactly what i thought;
    The Artifact pet uses a Worg model from WotLK.
    What I am hoping for is that they replace it with the new worg model we had on the main page not so long ago.

Edit: Here a link:
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ruary/worg.jpg
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2016-02-25 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Maybe Legion Beast Mastery is a better fit for Troll hunters than Nelfs. Trolls be talkin to da Loa and channeling the spirit power of beasts in general.

- - - Updated - - -

"Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    So, whats going on with hunter pets post-raid buff removal, are they just a cosmetic choice now? what about exotics?
    Pets that you tame are primarily a cosmetic and story choice for you. Exotics tend to have an extra utility ability. (WarcraftDevs)"

I know they're talking about raid buffs here, but this seems to sum up the direction Blizz is taking with hunter pets in general - "cosmetic".
    I think it's kind of a good thing. There is almost no reason to run with about 10 of the families currently. Spirit beasts are almost essential for beast mastery. Survival is primarily for pvp now, which means you need a strong utility from your pet (mortal strike, snare, root, etc.) Marks doesn't have a pet.

Meanwhile, Stompy the goat sits in your stable, being his awesome self.

#FreeStompy
    Last edited by Biggety; 2016-02-25 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I just think it's weird that The Hunter who is most harmonious with the wild and nature gets a space tech gun...
    Because it's a Hunter, not a Druid.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I just think it's weird that The Hunter who is most harmonious with the wild and nature gets a space tech gun...
    What about the specs in Legion make you think Beast Mastery is "the hunter who is most harmonious with the wild and nature?" That description fits much better with Survival hunters (as in, nature survivalist), and their toolkit/artifact match.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2016-02-26 at 03:48 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

What I am hoping for is that they replace it with the new worg model we had on the main page not so long ago.
    I would be ecstatic about that. That model looks badass.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as they also update the model for Skoll while they're at it. He and Hati ARE supposed to be siblings, anyway (and I camped him specifically to use with Hati, so there's that, too) ...

I hope the new Lightning Worg Models teased on the front page are applies to them. Would be super happy!

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ingworg2v2.jpg

They need to add glyph that makes Hati look exactly like primary pet, just transparent.

Also Im surprised that noone suggested this on beta forums. But huge QoL improvement for Hati survivability would be to make her unaffected by dmg having no health bar. But being tied to main pet, disappearing when main pet dies or recalled.
    Last edited by mindw0rk; 2016-03-04 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    I think it's kind of a good thing. There is almost no reason to run with about 10 of the families currently. Spirit beasts are almost essential for beast mastery. Survival is primarily for pvp now, which means you need a strong utility from your pet (mortal strike, snare, root, etc.) Marks doesn't have a pet.

#FreeStompy
    I see what you're saying, but I kind of miss the days when some thought went into having the right pet for the job. I guess that's gone the way of ammunition.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...ingworg2v2.jpg

Saw something on the front page the other day about Hati getting a model update and the link associated with the announcement was to one of these models =)

So happy about this, Hati is a hottie now!.... no furry tendencies implied was just a bad joke....

I am continuing to enjoy BM on my new troll hunter. Just quested/leveled through Northrend spending most of my time in Zul'Drak. Rescued the Loa from their Drakari betrayers and was blessed with three new spirit beast protectors for my efforts.

What I am not digging is Dire Beast. I thought it would fit right in with the fantasy of loa-inspired animal spirit powers, but it summons the most ridiculous animals for the setting! I got a hyena at the bottom of an ocean last night and a big bird (the emu kind) on the plane of fire today. :P I went ahead and switched into Steady Focus after that, since it's better anyway.

What I am loving is Stampede! Especially with a stable full of Spirit Beasts! Always looks like the Loa are taking their vengeance! Or at least repaying their debt by coming to my aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post

#FreeStompy
    With all pets becoming interchangeable, and all classes being simplified, my concern would be classes eventually going the way of our pets. We'll all do the exact same damage with the exact same buttons, only the special effects will change.

Button 1: big damage ability
    Button 2: medium damage aoe
    Button 3: some damage + applies dot
    Button 4: some damage + provides buff (or healing)
    Button 5: defensive cd
    Button 6: movement buff

Once you learn the rotation, you could play any class (maybe even change between fights?), since all that would change was whether you swung a sword or cast a spell, and that would only matter if you were watching the screen (rather than your action bar).

Is this the game we want?