DK Frost Dual-Wielding - Questions

Hey everyone, I read some Frost DK guides but still have a few questions:

Which last talent is the best? I'm currently using Necrotic Plague.
    (my other talents are Plague Leech, Lichborne, Death Advance, Blood Tap, Death Pact, Remorseless Winter)

Are we(frost DKs) using Plague Strike if we have Necrotic Plague talent? I'm not even touching that spell sometimes on some fights.

Is that order right (stats priority)?
    Strength > Mastery > Multistrike=Hate > Versatility > Critical Strike

What if I have Killing Machine and no Rune Power? Should I use Obliterate or other abilities to build it up and then use Frost Strike?
    (btw. I sometimes see Killing Machine proccing like ~0,5 sec before I click Obliterate and I use Obliterate instead, it's VERY wrong?)

It is true that Archimonde trinket isn't that good for DW Frost DKs?

Do we prioritize any ability? I mean in a situation like: Killing Machine proc and Empowered Obliterate - do we use Frost Strike First or Howling Blast? Or it doesn't matter or depends of the situation?

Does it matter if I have Razorice or Fallen Crusader on my main- or off-hand?

How do we start fight? With Howling Blast?

Thanks in advance. :-)
    Last edited by Eazy; 2016-02-14 at 11:41 PM.

http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77#DW
    This guide by Skullflower has the answers to all your questions, but in the matter of convenience:

"Whether you should use DeF or NP depends entirely on how consistent your Defile damage is. If you are not getting a majority of its ticks with every use (i.e. due to mob movement), NP is the better talent choice."
    You should never use Plague Strike if you're using NP. Your unholy runes should be used on OB only. The priority system in the guide covers this.
    Mastery > Haste = Multistrike = Versatility > Critical Strike
    If you have no RP and you have a KM and the runes for an OB, then you should use the KM proc on the OB.
    Yeah, the class trinket is in general pretty trash for all 3 specs (except for a few fights as NP unholy).
    Check the very detailed priority system in the guide I linked.
    Put FC on your MH and RI on your OH.
    Check the guide's "Necrotic Plague Opener" section for DW frost and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Hey everyone, I read some Frost DK guides but still have a few questions:

Which last talent is the best? I'm currently using Necrotic Plague.
    (my other talents are Plague Leech, Lichborne, Death Advance, Blood Tap, Death Pact, Remorseless Winter)

Are we(frost DKs) using Plague Strike if we have Necrotic Plague talent? I'm not even touching that spell sometimes on some fights.

Is that order right (stats priority)?
    Strength > Mastery > Multistrike=Hate > Versatility > Critical Strike

What if I have Killing Machine and no Rune Power? Should I use Obliterate or other abilities to build it up and then use Frost Strike?
    (btw. I sometimes see Killing Machine proccing like ~0,5 sec before I click Obliterate and I use Obliterate instead, it's VERY wrong?)

It is true that Archimonde trinket isn't that good for DW Frost DKs?

Do we prioritize any ability? I mean in a situation like: Killing Machine proc and Empowered Obliterate - do we use Frost Strike First or Howling Blast? Or it doesn't matter or depends of the situation?

Does it matter if I have Razorice or Fallen Crusader on my main- or off-hand?

How do we start fight? With Howling Blast?

Thanks in advance. :-)
    Not the most experienced frost dk but i'll give my 2 cents.

Use Plague leech with Defile and Necrotic Plague with Unholy blight. I'd also recommend Purgatory and Gorefiends grasp in their respective tiers.

You stat priority is about right

If you have no runic power for frost strike then use Obliterate with killing machine to avoid wasting the proc. Hitting Obliterate as KM procs happens don't worry about it.

Archi trinket is worse than the other alternatives

Try to pool runic power so that as many Frost strikes as possible happen with KM. Use howiling blast frequently until you have to obliterate to avoid rune cap.

Use Fallen Crusader on main hand and razorice on off hand.

Hope that answers a question or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Viczi View Post

Use Plague leech with Defile and Necrotic Plague with Unholy blight. I'd also recommend Purgatory and Gorefiends grasp in their respective tiers.
    Don't use Unholy Blight, use Plague Leech. Unholy Blight is only good if you're going NP Unholy as it lets you get a 15 stack NP up very quickly which you can then keep up with Festering Strikes. For frost it doesn't do enough and Plague Leech giving you two extra runes every 30s is much better and, more importantly, more versatile.

Class trinket is bad because you dont want to obliterate to much as DW Frost

Stats Priority something like Str>Mastery>multi=haste>vers>crit

Cleave trinket and horn trinket are sorta set and forget

on demon fights, you should use EDH and heirloom trinket(gronntooth warhorn).

Razorice on mainhand is only really applicable if you have Discordant Chorus + a Cleave fight. What this does, is when DC procs (fel cleave) it will apply the MH RI debuff on all targets caught in the cleave. it is by no means a huge dps increase or game changer, and can really be ignored. Short story, slight increase on your howling blast splash targets. For what its worth, since getting DC ive always had RI on my main hand. FC on MH is so that the SR hit procs it, but majority of the time FC is already up due to another melee hit (swing/FS).

Do you have empty drinking horn? If so, use defile. this is because each time defile grows, it counts as a new ability placed on the ground, and thus stacks up EDH faster than NP would. If you do Not have the trinket, then go NP.

Always use plague leech. UB is great for unholy because you can quickly get back to a 15 stack NP, whereas Frost cant maintain 15 stacks, so the 2 runes from PL are more enticing as NP is going to drop regardless.

If you have 2 unholy runes, DND/Defile is on cooldown, then you would use Obliterate. Only obliterate when you have 1 Unholy Rune, and the 2nd is recharging. I usually wait til its about halfway.

Personally, I open with HB, PS, Def (if boss has stopped moving), spend more HB, plague leech, outbreak.

Archi trink is trash for frost. DC, EDH, GtWH are what we use. Swap DC for GtWH.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Xene; 2016-02-15 at 12:33 PM. Reason: fixed

Quote Originally Posted by jinklos View Post
    http://sonofalich.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=77#DW
    This guide by Skullflower has the answers to all your questions, but in the matter of convenience:

"Whether you should use DeF or NP depends entirely on how consistent your Defile damage is. If you are not getting a majority of its ticks with every use (i.e. due to mob movement), NP is the better talent choice."
    You should never use Plague Strike if you're using NP. Your unholy runes should be used on OB only. The priority system in the guide covers this.
    Mastery > Haste = Multistrike = Versatility > Critical Strike
    If you have no RP and you have a KM and the runes for an OB, then you should use the KM proc on the OB.
    Yeah, the class trinket is in general pretty trash for all 3 specs (except for a few fights as NP unholy).
    Check the very detailed priority system in the guide I linked.
    Put FC on your MH and RI on your OH.
    Check the guide's "Necrotic Plague Opener" section for DW frost and you'll be good to go.

Hope this helps.
    If he has the fel cleave(discordant chorus) trinket it's the opposite. RI main hand FC offhand. The fel cleave proc puts razor ice on everything that gets hit by it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xene View Post
    Razorice on mainhand is only really applicable if you have Discordant Chorus + a Cleave fight. What this does, is when DC procs (fel cleave) it will apply the MH RI debuff on all targets caught in the cleave. it is by no means a huge dps increase or game changer, and can really be ignored. Short story, slight increase on your howling blast splash targets. For what its worth, since getting DC ive always had RI on my main hand. FC on MH is so that the SR hit procs it, but majority of the time FC is already up due to another melee hit (swing/FS).

Do you have empty drinking horn? If so, use defile. this is because each time defile grows, it counts as a new ability placed on the ground, and thus stacks up EDH faster than NP would. If you do Not have the trinket, then go NP.

Always use plague leech. UB is great for unholy because you can quickly get back to a 15 stack NP, whereas Frost cant maintain 15 stacks, so the 2 runes from PL are more enticing as NP is going to drop regardless.

If you have 2 unholy runes, DND/Defile is on cooldown, then you would use Obliterate. Only obliterate when you have 1 Unholy Rune, and the 2nd is recharging. I usually wait til its about halfway.

Personally, I open with HB, PS, Def (if boss has stopped moving), spend more HB, plague leech, outbreak.

Archi trink is trash for frost. DC, EDH, GtWH are what we use. Swap DC for GtWH.

Hope this helps.
    As far as the bold, about every fight in Mythic Hellfire aside from I think maybe 3 has something to cleave. While it is minimal in a sense, it's still a form of min/maxing and should used if you're still progressing or trying to rank.