Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is it really fun to kill the same bosses for more than a year?

I've known some people who stay subscribed all the way through no matter what and I don't get it. It seems really ridiculous to pay 15$ a month and you're doing the same raid that you did months and months ago. Nothing has changed but you just repeat the same thing week in and week out.

How come people don't unsubscribe and try out different games or spend their time more constructively?

No it isn't at lease for me anyway. I would be unsubbed if it wasn't for the fact my token sub is still going until may.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Well that depends entirely on how much time you're still devoting to it.
    Personally I have no issue going in HFC once a week for Archi and some other bosses for a few hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelendria View Post
    Well that depends entirely on how much time you're still devoting to it.
    Personally I have no issue going in HFC once a week for Archi and some other bosses for a few hours.
    If you're in any sort of raiding guild then it means you're dedicating the same time a week to the game. That's a lot of commitment to content you've seen for months and months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I've known some people who stay subscribed all the way through no matter what and I don't get it. It seems really ridiculous to pay 15$ a month and you're doing the same raid that you did months and months ago. Nothing has changed but you just repeat the same thing week in and week out. How come people don't unsubscribe and try out different games or spend their time more constructively?
    first i dont pay 15 bucks a month anymore, ever - as long as the token exists so why unsub?
    second the game is NOT ONLY about raiding - if wow for you is ONLY about raiding you clearly play the wrong game

Due to my shitty Internet connection I can't really play much else. Other games like fps and moba's are extremely punishing for the laggy player where for wow it's managable.

If you're in any sort of raiding guild then it means you're dedicating the same time a week to the game. That's a lot of commitment to content you've seen for months and months.
    If you're in any sort of raiding guild then it means that by the time you effectively start killing the same bosses (ie clearing the tier - at whichever difficulty you've set your goal at), the raid times get reduced, often to 1 farm day per week.

I've known some people who stay subscribed all the way through no matter what and I don't get it. It seems really ridiculous to pay 15$ a month and you're doing the same raid that you did months and months ago. Nothing has changed but you just repeat the same thing week in and week out.

How come people don't unsubscribe and try out different games or spend their time more constructively?
    Personally, It stops being fun after the 3rd-4th time for me. You just come to a point where you know what to do in a raid/on a boss and all the "thrill" is gone. All that is left is waiting on others to get it right (which translates to die and run back for a few of those weeks) and easier fights once you and your raid have obtained better gear.

At that point, it just becomes monotonous. As for people that do it week in and week out for....god knows what, if I had to make an educated guess, i'd say it's for stroking their ego. They just don't get their fill of e-peen stroking (I use e-peen for lack of a better term). The funny thing is at that point (from my own point of view) there is nothing special for them to be there for the fight. They are not the solo instrumental person that kills the boss (they weren't in the beginning either), but it's what they crave.

I personally don't; I would rather see smaller, challenging raids, but more of them. Think one tier really split into two (half the bosses, half the group needed to kill them [max 10 man] equal gear) Something that isn't going to take a total of 8-16 hours a week when on progress and 2-4hours after that. I want 2-4hour out the gate with 1-2hour max.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If you're in any sort of raiding guild then it means that by the time you effectively start killing the same bosses (ie clearing the tier - at whichever difficulty you've set your goal at), the raid times get reduced, often to 1 farm day per week.
    Oh sure. Maybe in the top guilds but the majority of guilds are still progressing.

Deleted
    the same time compared to what? The previous week? Okay. But that's still just 3h/week to clear 13/13 + Blackhand. So yeah, there's commitment involved, but way less than most people commit themselves to their television.

Not speaking for me, but the majority of my guild, people stay subscribed even if it's just for 3-5 hours of WoW a week, because if they unsubed the guild they committed to for progression would cease to exist.

So yes, for some people it's fun to farm the same content for over a year. And others just commit to the guild, because the alternative would be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    first i dont pay 15 bucks a month anymore, ever - as long as the token exists so why unsub?
    second the game is NOT ONLY about raiding - if wow for you is ONLY about raiding you clearly play the wrong game
    I get what you're saying here, but in practice; you're effectively paying $20 a month. As for playing just to raid...yea this is what the problem was with WoD. I won't say this is where it started, but it sure came to a head with WoD.
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Deleted
    Oh sure. Maybe in the top guilds but the majority of guilds are still progressing.
    If you're still progressing, then you are (1) either clearly not killing the same bosses for over a year or (2) killing the same bosses for over a year which means you don't need the gear anymore and could just skip them or (3) you decide to farm all those bosses you don't require for progress anyway, in which case you obviously have fun doing so.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-02-15 at 03:56 PM.

Which means they have a fucking goal they haven't reached yet. Difficult concept, I know.

It's boring as fuck, it's a travesty that they can justify doing this 1 year content drought every bloody expansion. It'd not be bad if they didn't keep telling us they were gonna stop doing, only to do it again.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

No, it's not fun. Blizzard said it would never happen again after SoO... Well, that worked out great!

Deleted
    Content is only part of why many of us enjoy this game, the other part is the people we play with. I enjoy clearing content because I play with fun people and we joke around a lot.

3hrs a week to a game I actually still enjoy playing is easy.

Deleted
    some people quit job adn don t feed dog to do that never shower

I can actually play other games without unsubscribing from WoW, i know this revelation might come as a shock to you but there is no unwritten rule that says you're allowed to play only one game at a time.

You said it right here. The majority of guilds haven't completed all content. Each week they are usually working on a new boss, a new kill, a new strat. Yes you have to get down farms for it. But the majority of the raid week is spent on that boss you haven't killed yet. So since you haven't killed it, obviously you aren't killing it for months on end?