Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    You're really committed to the long con here aren't you?

I mean, Shard Lance? Really? Those two words effectively mean the same thing in this context. That would be like me naming an ability Rock Boulder, or Knife Dagger. What is it a shard of? Is it a lancing shard?

Hey Rogue, make sure you Knife Dagger this guy while I Shard Lance him. Warrior, don't forget to Axe Hatchet him while he's stunned.
    If we're gonna argue grammar here, lance can be used as a verb. Not to mention the shard in "Shard Lance" is more akin to describing what said lance is made from. So with your analogy it would be more like Iron Dagger, Sandstone Boulder, Bronze Hatchet, etc.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Zenneon View Post
    rofl this really made me laugh, yeah i assume it doesn't mean lance as in the weapon, i was more getting the feel of ice lance from mages, like crystal shard or something.

and as for the long con part, im not gonna tell you want to believe, but do or dont, im not fussed
    i just want peoples opinions on this. im not trying to make you believe its on its way or coming soon haha
    My opinion is that there is no shame in designing fan classes, hell, I've even done it in the past.

Put more work into it and don't try to pass it off as something Blizzard came up with next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    If we're gonna argue grammar here, lance can be used as a verb. Not to mention the shard in "Shard Lance" is more akin to describing what said lance is made from. So with your analogy it would be more like Iron Dagger, Sandstone Boulder, Bronze Hatchet, etc.
    Except in the grammatical context of the ability "Shard Lance" it is being used as a noun in the same way as "Ice Lance". The lance is made from ice. The lance, apparently, is made from shard. The problem is that things have to shards of something, they can't just be shard.

You can have a shard of flint but you can't have a flint made from shard. Narsil was shattered into shards, but it's not made from shard.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    i think kraineth means you are being lanced by a shard. like think of lance meaning the same as impale slash or something like that. it makes sense that way
    Last edited by mmoc8d7862a0aa; 2016-02-15 at 10:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think kraineth means you are being lanced by a shard. like think of lance meaning the same as impale slash or something like that. it makes sense that
    I understand what he's saying. The fact remains that shard needs to describe something. An ambiguous shard isn't anything, and therefore makes no sense.

Is it a shard of void? Is it a shard of imagination? Maybe it's a shard of hubris.

Call it Void Lance, it makes sense. Call it Void Shard, it makes sense. Call it Shard Lance, and it doesn't make sense anymore unless your character class is literally designed around carrying a giant shard of something so it's painfully obvious.

If you can't see that then your future fanfiction theories will never improve.

Deleted
    yeah i understand both points but with how little we know it could be painfully obvious as you say.

yeah i understand both points but with how little we know it could be painfully obvious as you say.
    Are you still maintaining that this isn't fanfiction?

Yes he is....painfully. I find it amazing that your "friend" is telling you this type of information when almost every developer and set studio maintains NDA for almost every employee that exists ESPECIALLY for those that are on set. Even Legendary Pictures stated back when the initial trailer that was intended for Blizzcon was leaked as a blurry video they confirmed that every employee that set foot on the set was bound to an NDA. If your friend is telling you anything from set he could potentially not only lose his job but actually be sued for disclosing anything that was discussed on the set AT ALL. It doesn't just bind you to things that they tell you "This is secret." It binds you to everything.

Then you being the "legendary" friend that you are take to an open forum to discuss said information that is a direct violation of an NDA, therein screwing your friend. But the fact that you even discussed it in this type of format in the first place, kinda blew that up. And for most things that get any form of concept we do start to see data strings inside of datamined information, even stuff that doesn't make it. But your ironclad argument is that it was scrapped to early but they were so excited for it....except they'd have to completely restructure even dungeons for another role to be created.....

Pure bullshit.

Is it "netherstalker" or "voidstalker"? Because you've called it both names so far.

Not to mention that the name of this class, the theme and the concept are all shit and sound nothing like Blizzard's work. Plus the fact that you want us to believe that Blizzard created an entirely irrelevent nexus stalker etheral class in a burning legion expansion before they turned to demon hunters??

And there is no "ethereal themed gear" in legion.

yes it is made by me as a visual representation, i even said that haha XD
    So your "friend" not only gave you the names of the abilities and what they do, but the cast times, values, mana costs and cooldowns as well?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-02-15 at 11:17 PM.

Smell that boys and girls?

Thats Grade A top o' tha line Bullshit.

Please stop while your head OP, you arent getting very far with your supposed " insider information".
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Deleted
    its nether stalker, i have been doing most of this off my phone at work so sorry for any confusion, and no as i said the photo was made by me as a representation, the cast times and costs etc were just to give flavor to the picture. and im not discussing the validity of this any further because im just wasting breath. apparently this is not something under NDA as it isnt a thing any more. the reason the employee knows so much is because when they make a new class they let a lot of people play it just to see if it is fun, and apparently it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can confirm, my uncle is Blizzard.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

its nether stalker, i have been doing most of this off my phone at work so sorry for any confusion, and no as i said the photo was made by me as a representation, the cast times and costs etc were just to give flavor to the picture. and im not discussing the validity of this any further because im just wasting breath. apparently this is not something under NDA as it isnt a thing any more. the reason the employee knows so much is because when they make a new class they let a lot of people play it just to see if it is fun, and apparently it was.
    So why is the picture, something that very obviously was not made on a phone titled Voidstalker?

How much of those spells were made up by you and how much are what he told you?

And he must have told you WHY blizzard decided to put a clearly void-themed class for a non-playable race into an unrelated burning legion expansion?

Deleted
    Would video evidence of this class in testing be enough proof? not camera phone blurry bulls**t. but actual screen recorded footage of it it testing?

Blizzard wouldn't forget an n in a tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would video evidence of this class in testing be enough proof? not camera phone blurry bulls**t. but actual screen recorded footage of it it testing?
    Only because I'm sure we'd all love to see what you dig up to try to defend yourself, yes.

Deleted
    oooh i see what your saying haha, i didnt title it that, it took the name of the png file that i apparently for some reason called void stalker, force of habbit sorry.
    and the spells are not made by me the 4 are all spells that they made, i just made the description based off what iwas told they would do

- - - Updated - - -

haha, im just imagining this from your point of view. chances are within the next day i should have one, the guy has been contacted and he doesn't mind showing me. please bare in mind that although i talk about this guy vaguely we have met about 5 times in the past and are on good terms.

This is a cringe inducing read.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, this is an obvious fake, first of all from even an elementary game design stand point this doesn't make any sense, giving mana to other players is something they've been highly opposed to as of late, due to the fact it has no impact other than "breaking" healer balance. Converge makes no sense, it's converting health to mana which is ultimately pointless because only healers and warlocks care about mana, and warlocks have that mechanic built in. And finally the idea that you'd make a spell that can stun allies is insane, it's perhaps the worst ability I've seen on a fake leak, the sheer feel bad of being forcibly stunned mid-rotation is huge and giving that to a player is retarded.

You mean the class that never existed right?