Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    This looks fake. I can tell by looking at some of the pixels and having seen quite some photoshoops in my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Why even bring the support if he doesn't add anything? You are describing a DPS class that doesn't do direct DPS.
    Why add warlocks to the game when you have mages? you are describing a dps class that doesnt do direct damage but damage over time? what does it add?
    why add hunters to the game when you have mages? you are describing a dps class that doesnt do direct damage but uses a pet to do damge? what does it add?
    support class isno different in this regard, it's just another way to do more or less the same thing, witch certain strengths and weaknesses compared to the existing ways, just like dots vs direct damage have their strengths and weaknesses.

That isn't support that is a DPS class that gets their dps from having a buff on the right person to add to their meter.
    If support traditionally hasn't been revolving around buffing the party/debuffing the enemy, then do please provide a definition you want to use. The only difference here is that they actually show up on the meters which they traditionally dont in most games, making them appear as a dps class, which is actually a big plus to people wanting to play them as it makes it easier to see they are actually contributing. i'm sure the buffs this kind of support would provide could be made to resemble traditional bard spells or w/e you want.

And if you say they buff 3-4 other players then a 20 main group will need 5 support players in order to be optimal. Who decides which of those support players gets to buff which players? The better the player the better your individual DPS. Why not just bring all Support players if they bring equal DPS and can buff everyone?
    What is the point even of nitpicking napkin ideas like this at such a conceptual level? Yeah if support truly did become a thing then eventually raids would be balanced around having x amount of them depending on how popular the role becomes. who buffs who? dunno how do healers decide who to heal? sometimes they assigns groups to heal, or individual people, or the supports could have talents that let them be better at buffing melee/ranged/healers etc, plenty of mechanics that can involve that as it would be part of their core gameplay. Some stronger buffs could require you to be close to your target, etc. A reason to not bring all support? make it so actual dps specs have more/better tools ofcourse. ie your support class wont get a burst dps cooldown themselves, but could increase the burst of your dps specs.

Your biggest concern shows how little you've actually thought this out. Because earlier in your post you stated that in a 5-man group a support role would provide an equal amount of dps as having 3 dps would have. So there wouldn't be a dps difference if he is providing the group with the same dps when you have 2 dps as if you had 3 dps.
    Uh yeah? Especially considering support specs would have to be phased in, notjust dumped into the game in 1 patch, at least initially those support specs would have to take over a dps spot in groups so would have to bebalanced around that.

So in 5 mans that means 1 tank + 1 heal + 3 dps would need to have roughtly the same effectiveness as 1 tank + 1 heal + 1 support + 2 dps. it's important for scaling reasons that the dps the support provides is split between the tanks, other dps and possibly the support himself, not just the 2 dps, or else you end up with them being to powerfull in 20 man groups. This is also why they would have to do dps themselsves as i mentioned before (aside from solo play concerns ofc), to prevent a single support from ending up giving a 33-50% damage buffs to 1 players, but intead be more balanced around say 20% overall buffs orso. it's hard to ballpark these numbers but obviously extreme buffs to one/a few players are undesired.

you also didn't address my example of ret paladins, who in legion can give 3 10% damage buffs to others at a cost of their own dps, with the buffs damage being attributed to the rets overall dps so the ret does 1 dps worth of damage, while he is supporting other characters. It's a early version of the idea im toting here.
    It's only a few short steps from ret having a 70/30 dps/support split with no mechanics involved, to having 70/30 split with mechanics involved, to 50/50 split with mechanics involved.

Seriously it's not rocket science to imagine how support classes could work in this game without major overhauls. Any argument as to why it's a bad idea should come from a "it's not fun to play" side not from a technical feasibility side. (a argument that is easy to make btw considering healing isn't that popular and they would have to overcome the vanilla paladin blessing buffbot stigma, which is hard to do even if they made the buffing mechanics engaging)
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-02-18 at 01:34 PM.

Lol even if the op is really laying down the BS...for whatever reason..some of you folks are wrapped tight over a damn game. Chill out peeps my god you act like someone offended your family or something. You think he's full of it just say "nah sorry. I'm not buying it" move on.

That said OMG the laugh I'd have if the next expansion they reveal a class very similar to what this guy described. That would be gold lol!

All the text is extremely sharp and high rez, but everything else, including Torby text is extremely fuzzy and pixellated. Photoshop much? Seems legit, if you believe anything you see on the internet that is. I'm a graphic designer, I know text and font resolutions so you are not fooling me with the BS.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    All the text is extremely sharp and high rez, but everything else, including Torby text is extremely fuzzy and pixellated. Photoshop much? Seems legit, if you believe anything you see on the internet that is. I'm a graphic designer, I know text and font resolutions so you are not fooling me with the BS.
    OP already explained that he made the tooltip himself. The past 7 pages has been OP vehemently defending his claim that this idea came from "his friend the Blizzard employee" and that he has video proof that this class made it past the prototyping phase into a playable demo.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenneon View Post
    Now i made a little pic with some of the mentioned abilities for something visual to look at. as seen in my Photoshopped portrait the resource is void and the resource bar is a black/grey animated bar that holds 100 void
    Can we stop bashing legitimacy based on photoshopped images now? I mean all you had to do was read the OP to not jump to conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Can we stop bashing legitimacy based on photoshopped images now? I mean all you had to do was read the OP to not jump to conclusions.
    If they can get a video from the dev who just happened to talk to their friend one day then why couldn't they have gotten a real screenshot? Also why is there a need to load the .flv file into video editor like vegas? Why not just directly upload it to Youtube which supports .flv natively. Yes the person admits to creating the image to illustrate their point but it doesn't mesh with the facts as they have presented everything.

A random dev encounter on a movie set with a friend that works in a small division of legendary pictures that just happened to strike up a good enough relationship with a dev to get them to leak a video of the class in action. Yet they couldn't leak a screenshot?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

If they can get a video from the dev who just happened to talk to their friend one day then why couldn't they have gotten a real screenshot? Also why is there a need to load the .flv file into video editor like vegas? Why not just directly upload it to Youtube which supports .flv natively. Yes the person admits to creating the image to illustrate their point but it doesn't mesh with the facts as they have presented everything.

A random dev encounter on a movie set with a friend that works in a small division of legendary pictures that just happened to strike up a good enough relationship with a dev to get them to leak a video of the class in action. Yet they couldn't leak a screenshot?
    Why didn't they have a video of the finished playable? Why didn't they have a leaked build of the playable on a private server for us to dissect? Why don't they have an AMA with a dev set up on Reddit? It can't be that hard to set up!

I'm not defending the legitimacy of the claims here, I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to ask for evidence for what is clearly anecdotal. That's asking a lot of hard evidence for what's basically "I heard this from a friend of a friend"
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-02-18 at 11:19 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not defending the legitimacy of the claims here, I'm pointing out how ridiculous it is to ask for evidence for what is clearly anecdotal. That's asking a lot of hard evidence for what's basically "I heard this from a friend of a friend"
    It isn't anecdotal. The poster claims to have a video and even asked what people is this thread want to see in the video. Because they also claimed that the dev made the video already or would be making the video at the posters request. Which doesn't mesh with the original story told by the poster. It isn't ridiculous to ask for evidence that the poster themselves said exists and they could provide. Which is why the "origin" matters when something is claimed to be 100% legit with proof.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It isn't anecdotal. The poster claims to have a video
    Which is absolutely anecdotal...

If I said I have proof the moon landing didn't happen, would you take it as evidence or hearsay? Whether I actually have the proof or not is not even relevant to the actual statement; which to you should be nothing more than an anecdote.

I don't know why it should even be bothered chasing non-existent evidence. We don't need to see it to know this Netherstalker thing isn't happening. We don't need to see it to know this guy's 'friend of a friend' story is already full of holes. If you believe it's something more than an anecdote, then that no longer becomes *his* problem, but yours for believing it to be anything more than hearsay.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-02-19 at 01:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Which is absolutely anecdotal...
    You were referring to the "I heard this from a friend". Which is different then "I have a video of this".

You were referring to the "I heard this from a friend". Which is different then "I have a video of this".
    It's still an anecdote. Still a claim without evidence. Both of those statements are the same damned thing in the context of hearsay.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-02-19 at 01:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else still waiting for that "video"?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's still an anecdote. Still a claim without evidence. Both of those statements are the same damned thing in the context of hearsay.
    Your edit implies otherwise. Since you know you took out the part about him claiming it came from a friend. Your semantics aside though this is much more then about a Photoshopped image they said they did. It is about the legitimacy of the whole thing based on all the inconsistent statements of which the image is a part of. Something claimed to be a leak of a scrapped class deserves to have its legitimacy questioned and discussed. Why do you feel otherwise?

And saying you have a video to prove it is still completely different then saying a friend of a friend type story.

Your edit implies otherwise. Since you know you took out the part about him claiming it came from a friend. Your semantics aside though this is much more then about a Photoshopped image they said they did. It is about the legitimacy of the whole thing based on all the inconsistent statements of which the image is a part of. Something claimed to be a leak of a scrapped class deserves to have its legitimacy questioned and discussed. Why do you feel otherwise?

And saying you have a video to prove it is still completely different then saying a friend of a friend type story.
    For his statements to be anything more than an anecdote, evidence must be present. You're assuming evidence is already present but we just haven't seen it yet. That's simply one perspective, but it doesn't make his story anything more than just a story.

The worm on this hook is just too juicy not to bite!

Some questions:

* Where exactly is the "set" which the Blizzard employees visit so frequently to chat with your friend? Filming was completed almost 2 years ago (ended May 2014) in British Columbia. Perhaps a bit long of a trip for the Southern California based Blizzard employees to pop by?

* Since the film has been in post production for almost 2 years now perhaps your friend is part of the team at Industrial Light & Magic who is doing the bulk of the post work. We can be generous and assume most work is not being done at ILM London or ILM Singapore but at the main headquarters in San Francisco. Could this be where the Blizzard employees are popping by to have ad hoc chats with your friend?

* Perhaps your friend is instead working out of Legendary's headquarters in Burbank and participates in review of the dailies coming in from the post teams? A random Blizzard employee could conceivably make the 2 hour drive from Irvine to Burbank to "consult" on the dailies. While they are at it, why not throw some video of the internal Legion alpha on a flash drive to pass off to a new acquaintance at another corporation for viewing in the comfort of their home later that night?

I'll be honest its been a tough day at work and this one really brightened my day. Please keep it coming OP! A for entertainment!