Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Society as a whole is obsessed with skinny to the point of being a stick, and to where it's not only unhealthy but unattractive as well. I saw a picture of a supposedly "plus sized" woman that was not only attractive, she was downright thin. There is a HUGE spectrum of sizes between that and obese. Even moderately overweight can still be attractive. But once you get into obesity, people need to start doing something about it. Yes, there are some medical conditions that cause it. But I don't think that obesity should ever be considered "ok" by society. Obesity is being overweight to the point where it is a health issue. I don't think people should be treated badly because of it, but they need to be encouraged to work on their problem.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-02-15 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How about instead of complaining about insults they change their diets and try to improve their bodies.
    Insults is what helps keep them fats. I swear the ignorance of the internet is astounding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    What about obese men, Tennisace?
    The article is about obese women. How am I supposed to comment on obese men exactly?
    In general, they too need to get it together and work harder. Not that it makes insulting obese people in public acceptable. Both parties need to improve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    You don't understand. That require more work and effort. It's easier to be a victim. Victim mentality is infecting this generation badly.
    So much this. This is destroying this generation along with entitlement. People think they are the victim if everything isn't just given to them for doing nothing to earn it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    The ideal solution is to teach health and fitness from a young age. However the stuff they currently teach in school on nutrition is so ass backwards it does more harm than good.
    This too. The "food pyramid" is upside down. Carbohydrates are bad. People need to be eating more proteins and fats. Go back to things like eggs and bacon for breakfast instead of this crap cereal. The only reason eggs and bacon got a bad rap is because of propoganda from the cereal companies. They literally made up stuff about fat and cholesterol, and used money to get the government to accept it into the dietary recommendations, so they could sell their crap and make more money.
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2016-02-15 at 08:54 PM.

Life sucks, eat less carbs and sugar, life improves miraculously.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

how exactly is this a big deal? a women in her 20s with no education is only worth her looks. nothing new... maybe growing up in the real world i already knew this but since ten is a liberal weirdo that loves to live with his/her head in the sand i forgive it(him or her) or whatever it is at this point, nobody knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    how exactly is this a big deal? a women in her 20s with no education is only worth her looks. nothing new... maybe growing up in the real world i already knew this but since ten is a liberal weirdo that loves to live with his/her head in the sand i forgive it(him or her) or whatever it is at this point, nobody knows.
    It is a big deal? What kind of world are we living in if we just stand by and have so many obese women suffering like this? Action must be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It is a big deal? What kind of world are we living in if we just stand by and have so many obese women suffering like this? Action must be taken.
    You should start with your avatar. That emaciated face is a symbol of fatist oppression.

Action must be taken.
    Like going to the gym and stop eating poorly.

Deleted
    It is a big deal? What kind of world are we living in if we just stand by and have so many obese women? Action must be taken.
    Redid that for you.

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opin...sly-thought-st

What do you think the solution to this is?
    One idea is that women should avoid becoming this overweight in the first place/
    What's the solution? To people not liking obese women?

Pretty sure the solution is a personal one, we don't like fat chicks and you'll never make us like fat chicks. So either accept the stigma or lose weight.

Can't sugar coat these things, they'll eat it too.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrium View Post
    What's the solution? To people not liking obese women?

Pretty sure the solution is a personal one, we don't like fat chicks and you'll never make us like fat chicks. So either accept the stigma or lose weight.

Can't sugar coat these things, they'll eat it too.
    Socially acceptable bigotry is the best kind of bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    While I don't support making fun of fat people, it's certainly counter-productive to act like being fat is healthy and acceptable.

One idea is that women should avoid becoming this overweight in the first place/
    That is the only solution. Don't want to get made fun of because you're fat? Don't get fat.

If you ARE fat, learn how to properly lose weight (dieting will NEVER help you).
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    So you don't want women to be viewed as objects, but hate on fat women?

Mods, have some mercy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So you don't want women to be viewed as objects, but hate on fat women?
    How am I hating on them? I think obesity in general is a serious issue. Don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Its bigoted of YOU to not accept that other people have differing views than you, and think that your way of thinking is the only RIGHT way.

He's right. The way to fix the problem of guys not liking fat women is for them to work out, eat better and lose the weight. It shows an extreme lack of self control and is just plain disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat is unhealthy. Social stigma is good, then they'll stop being unhealthy. The end.