Upgrading to Garrison Level 3

Hey guys, I came back after a huge hiatus and I'm in the process of leveling all of my alts back to 100 for the next expansion. I've never been good with gold, generally sitting somewhere in the 10-30k margin. I want to use the time between now and the next expansion to farm up gold from Garrisons, but my question is whether or not the 5k upgrade cost to a level 3 Garrison is necessary for all alts - does having a level 3 over a level 2 really impact the gold flow that much?

I'm a little hesitant at how quickly a level 3 Garrison would earn back it's cost, so any thoughts are appreciated.

Upgrade to level 3. Roll an Inn recruit a bunch of scavengers and roll in profit.

ya sort of need to upgrade to lvl3. get a salvage yard to lvl 3 for slavage crates from missions, inn to lvl 3 and recruit treasure hunters, a barn to lvl 1 for sumptuous fur and the mines / herb garden to lvl 2 and it will make some good income. across 5 toons just doing missions and work orders I make 50~100k per 30days depending on luck with salvage boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Upgrade to level 3. Roll an Inn recruit a bunch of scavengers and roll in profit.
    I think you mean Treasure Hunters.

But yeah, Lokoz is right, you can make the gold back pretty easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Deleted
    Yeah, you kinda need to upgrade, but just clear some old raids with each character and make that gold back (clearing every cata raid gives like 3-4k each week)