Poll: Will UK leave Europe ?

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The UK should not be part of the EU anyway. They haven't even adopted the "EURO" as their currency ffs.

Don't hate me, brits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    As for teamwork, hobbling oneself so others can excel is hardly good for the hobbled.
    Taking turns to try and lift a tree on your own when you are in a group is hardly good for you either.
    Your example only shows that you do not wan't to admit that there are benefits to teamwork.

You want to exploit the EU when it is meant to be used to help each other. That is the problem.
    You are acting so egoistical that you hurt yourself and others because you cannot bear for others to possibly benefit more than you.
    Like the kid that smashes the toy so his brother doesn't get his time with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stances View Post
    Think they just don't understand that British people don't give a fk about the European country that is trying to be built.
    We do, the problem is you do not want to commit to staying out or staying in. You want to cherry pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Taking turns to try and lift a tree on your own when you are in a group is hardly good for you either.
    Your example only shows that you do not wan't to admit that there are benefits to teamwork.

You want to exploit the EU when it is meant to be used to help each other. That is the problem.
    You are acting so egoistical that you hurt yourself and others because you cannot bear for others to possibly benefit more than you.

- - - Updated - - -

We do, the problem is you do not want to commit to staying out or staying in. You want to cherry pick.
    The EU exists for France and Germany to finally rule Europe, no more no less. I am not British either, I just love to watch the EU falter for self centered reasons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post

- - - Updated - - -

We are able to cherry pick because of what we offer the EU. You think Merkel would put up with estonia pulling this shit? The UK will never commit to a federalized europe, if that is your dream then I understand why you want us out. It's a ridiculous dream that has a magnitude of issues but meh I cba to crush peoples dreams today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    It's hard to imagine that if they did leave the EU wouldn't want to set a example to deter other leavers.
    It depends. Assuming leaving will play out badly for the UK that should be deterrence enough but yes, they could actively "help" to make their point by resetting every connection to zero since then the UK will be there where say Switzerland and Norway were before they established treaties and agreements with the EU.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HugoStiglitz View Post
    The UK should not be part of the EU anyway. They haven't even adopted the "EURO" as their currency ffs.

Don't hate me, brits.
    and thank fuck we didn't adopt the euro as our currency

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It depends if the uk has the courage to do it. They should absolutely leave the eu in my opinion, merkel has poisoned the well and destroyed the eu in my opinion.
    To this day I still don't get why we let Merkel do the shit she does and get away with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    It depends. Assuming leaving will play out badly for the UK that should be deterrence enough but yes, they could actively "help" to make their point by resetting every connection to zero since then the UK will be there where say Switzerland and Norway were before they established treaties and agreements with the EU.
    The UK is comparable to Brazil in economic size not Norway, its a bad comparison

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah the economic side is what we wanted to join not the political union. Why do countries like South Korea, Japan, Australia all seem to cope without being in your little EU experiment but the UK can somehow not.

Oh youll swamp us with migrants if we leave. Oh what great teammates you guys are. Perhaps swallow a little medicine and give us a few concessions. Sometimes you got to make a sacrifice. If the EU takes such a hard line to any change it will just crumble.
    - - - Updated - - -

Think they just don't understand that British people don't give a fk about the European country that is trying to be built.
    No you get it wrong the only benefit you get out of it is control of migration more. That control is also fully depended on your neighboring countries good will.

Guess what if you join a Union, want later on political say which your politicians didn't mind having since it concerns your import and export of products, and again work together on laws and regulation you can't just simply go "oh hey but you know decades ago when everyone just signed up for the economic part of it we just want that back"

Which is why your PM and political class is being mocked but again this is nothing more than political tough talk since if cameron has to go through with it, since it wouldn't be the first time he thinks he can make political ground with a referendum just to fall flat on his face after.

There's no european country being build that statement alone points out how piss poorly informed you are on the matter. Since even a fully joined EU would have nations and national governments. The only structure that would change is the overarching top one but i guess me trying to explain that to you would just go over your head anyway

I sure do hope they remain, and I do believe that is how this will play out. But if not, I hope at least Scotland opts out of the UK and rejoins/remains in the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are able to cherry pick because of what we offer the EU. You think Merkel would put up with estonia pulling this shit? The UK will never commit to a federalized europe, if that is your dream then I understand why you want us out. It's a ridiculous dream that has a magnitude of issues but meh I cba to crush peoples dreams today.
    What the UK and britain in particular bring to the table has been greatly overstated which is why you see cameron dancing back and forth in talks, if your position was that superior as that illusion you have of it the demands would have already been met.

I would have nothing more to see you exit just to see you crawl back a decade after.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The EU will come up with any amount of bullshit to keep Britain in the EU. They would be fucked if they lost a major economic power. They need the UK's financial power to help them bail out the financially irresponsible members like Greece and to help prop up the Euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    and thank fuck we didn't adopt the euro as our currency

Typical. Spoken like a true stiff-ass brit!

Glad I decided not to move to London because; 1. It's overpriced as hell. 2. You drink warm beer. 3. Your food sucks.

I'm forgetting something... Oh yeah, you're all a bunch of stiff asses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    What the UK and britain in particular bring to the table has been greatly overstated which is why you see cameron dancing back and forth in talks, if your position was that superior as that illusion you have of it the demands would have already been met.

I would have nothing more to see you exit just to see you crawl back a decade after.
    So we bring nothing but somehow get to opt out of off Schengen, the Euro, the fundamental rights charter, area of security and much more. Holy fuck the EU seems to care a fucking lot about the UK being happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad I decided not to move to London because; 1. It's overpriced as hell. 2. You drink warm beer. 3. Your food sucks.

1. More cities than London, and it's no more expensive than other major european cities.
    2. We drink warm beer cos cold beer really fkn hurts our rotted teeth
    3. Most brits dont eat british feed we stole indian food and claimed it to be ours

10+ Year Old Account

Coming from someone that list their location as Vancouver BC.....

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32793642

Imo negotiating the UK's status vis-à-vis the EU as Cameron is doing/has been doing is much the smartest alternative. The consequences of the UK leaving are evidently quite impossible to predict, especially as the modalities of such an exit are unknown, as are the repercussions not only for the UK, but also for the world as a whole. One important thing to keep in mind is also that countries that trade with the EU generally have to submit to EU regulations anyway, while leaving simultaneously comes at the cost of creative power in the making of those regulations.

Generally speaking, I wish the UK would remain in the EU. Nationalism and separatism are risky forces that can be productive, but should be accommodated within larger, connective structures. I can sympathise to an extent with criticism of Brussels bureaucracy, but the bureaucratic regulations produced by the EU are generally driven by industry lobbying and economic/social interests, not by an interest in 'meddling'. Subscribing to nationalist and populist rhetoric because it satisfies a desire for agency in a globalised world is attractive, but I don't think it's necessarily the best way forward. It also never ceases to surprise me that the UK, which is such a multicultural place and has such a long history of interacting with other cultures and nationalist movements alike, would be at the forefront of a movement fundamentally opposed to cross-cultural cooperation, which, as the EU has already proven, is best facilitated by economic cooperation.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2016-02-16 at 10:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we bring nothing but somehow get to opt out of off Schengen, the Euro, the fundamental rights charter, area of security and much more. Holy fuck the EU seems to care a fucking lot about the UK being happy.
    More have been able to get out of the schengen, sorry not so special.
    UK got out of the euro since they were boycotting it and holding everyone back for a long time. Again sorry not so special, deal went through without you merely due to the talks being drawn out to the point it did nothing.

The reality of the matter is all you're doing as a nation is further isolating yourself in an ever growing global playing field. The big irony in all that is, being so opposed to EU regulations. If you stay or exit the regulations of importing products won't change.

Again reminding you that a very large contributor to the UK economy Scotland. Does not want out. Hence it's called Brexit not UKexit.

Deleted

Wow, bit of an unneeded assault on the the brits there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Coming from someone that list their location as Vancouver BC.....
    Still roughly 50% cheaper than London, Kiddo.

Still roughly 50% cheaper than London, Kiddo.
    Canada will eventually become part of the usa, Canada will be our 51st state. We cant coddle you and at the same time allow you to withdraw from international commitments.