Its common to hear about how indie gaming is thriving, how indie gaming is the future of gaming. That triple A industries are bound to fall prey under their own wighth and that their buisness practices are doing nothing but speeding up the process. There is however one major concern that I have (and I might be wrong) in regards to indie development of games and that is the lack of repetition in the name of studios that develop "succesful" or "masterpiece" games. It seems to me that those studios or developers managed to make one "masterpiece" and faded away. Now how is that a problem? Well, it kind is. That means that currently indie gaming lives based on fresh blood and innovative ideas, but in a hypothetical case in which that fresh blood starts to dissapear or starts to lack, what would be the fate of indie gaming? This fresh blood dependent existence that indie gaming is praised upon, in my eyes, is a double edge sword. Now in top of that add steam lack of quality control in which fresh blood is sent to fight against endless streams of crap games and so on and in most of the cases fails to reach the cream of steam. So is indie gaming existence more vulnerable than triple A gaming? What are your opinions about the topic?