Xhul Feedback Needed

Hey All,

So one of our main tanks wasn't able to come, which actually was ok, because our AOE stuns are limited on this fight, so we decided to have two of our rets go prot and 3 tank it with avenging shield doing the interrupts.

We started four healing but switched to 3 healing.

I just feel like this fight is still a mess and I'm not sure if we are missing something or what. There seem to be a lot of tanking issues (with tanks blowing up) or one cast of void surge or fel surge will get near the raid, and its gg.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. We only have two DKs, no locks, and no warriors for AOE cc.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/zR3PdnXC4KhaLfqY

I'm not really sure what you want? every wipe I clicked on (5 in total) were people getting ganked by shadowfel annihalation after 47 seconds in each attempt.

L2 taunt is the only appropriate advice for that.

Apart from that you need to set up a rotation for every single set of imps. DO NOT let them get casts off.
    So for instance:
    1) DK "A" and solar beam
    2) DK "B" and cap totem
    3) Both Dk's single grip onto a 3rd imp and leg sweep.

DBM / bigwigs can assign markers to the imps so you can also tell Pete Jeff and Derpface to interupt the diamond or green triangle.

To be honest this fight is 99% a mechanics check and 1% a throughput check now. If imps keep getting casts off and people stand in the void stepper zones you'll struggle. Get this into peoples heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm not really sure what you want? every wipe I clicked on (5 in total) were people getting ganked by shadowfel annihalation after 47 seconds in each attempt.

L2 taunt is the only appropriate advice for that.

Apart from that you need to set up a rotation for every single set of imps. DO NOT let them get casts off.
    So for instance:
    1) DK "A" and solar beam
    2) DK "B" and cap totem
    3) Both Dk's single grip onto a 3rd imp and leg sweep.

DBM / bigwigs can assign markers to the imps so you can also tell Pete Jeff and Derpface to interupt the diamond or green triangle.

To be honest this fight is 99% a mechanics check and 1% a throughput check now. If imps keep getting casts off and people stand in the void stepper zones you'll struggle. Get this into peoples heads.
    Thanks Deja, honestly this is what I expected and know. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some secret I was missing. I'm just overthinking it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you need:

1. Grip and stun rotation for the Imps
    2. A single mark for EVERYONE to drop Fel Surge. Not near the mark... on the mark.
    3. A rotation to soak black holes (rogues/dks/3rd tanks are good and preferably someone who knows how to clean any errant green fire)
    4. A grounding totem rotation for Void Surge.
    5. A chains baiting group
    6. Someone to kite the Voidfiends and keep them under control - and make sure everyone steps out of purple swirly shit

It's a really unforgiving fight that one mistake usually means a wipe so the moment people stop caring about DPS and focus entirely on mechanics is when things will start to improve.

Also, why not cast lust on pull since you're not even getting to the point where you'll use it? I bet you'll find you won't really even need it in p3 anymore with that gear.
    Last edited by Styxxa; 2016-02-17 at 12:18 PM.

Deleted
    Holy pala and 2x disc sounds like a clunky heal setup. I mean 2 disc isnt that bad on this fight but not having a throughput healer to heal people up fast might hurt you in the future. Both discs aren´t even using PoH And using Cascade instead of Halo.

If tank damage is high you might want one disc to go Cow anyway to help out.

They are great in last phase tho cause they can shield the whole raid for every Overwhelming Chaos

These logs aren't very good at identifying issues since really the tanks are mucking it up with that many shadowfels

Also you'll be having a rough time without a Druid/Shaman for some throughput group healing last phases

Tanks blow up mostly because all of you are doing something wrong. People are getting hit by voidsteps (see your DPS priest, both tanks and majority of your melee), Imps cast Ablaze, Black Hole is spawned on top of the raid, etc.

• Your melee need to be aware of voidfiends and they need to be better at killing imps.
    • Your ranged need to kill voidfiends ASAP and not lead them into melee camp.
    • You need to bait black holes away from your raid and soak them. Make use of your rogues, they are great at it. Let them soak first two with cheat death, use Voidtouched tank for 3rd black hole, use rogues again for 4th and 5th, sacrifice 6th if you get it, first rogue can soak 7th again.
    • As it have been mentioned, have grip/stun/silence rotation for the imps
    • In last phase (since you have only 1 mage) - you either need to never break the chains, stack on top of the boss and heal through it, or spread out and handle them appropriately. I'm not sure you have DPS for the former.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PsyWulf View Post
    These logs aren't very good at identifying issues since really the tanks are mucking it up with that many shadowfels

Also you'll be having a rough time without a Druid/Shaman for some throughput group healing last phases
    Not as much last phase auctually cause 2 discs can shield the whole raid for every overwhelming chaos and the holy pala can probably pick up the rest. But before that its just random damage wich disc aren´t great at, especially if people make mistakes and make more damage and theres nobody to pick up the slack quickly for example a tide/tranq/revival.

The easiest and most consistent way we found to handle imps was: mass grip as many sets as you can and have your fel tank just stand right on top of all the imps and soak every single fireball that gets its cast off.

Very little healing on the fight, and there's your imp problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

If you have more than 1 prot paladin the imps should never be getting a cast off, your paladins should be saving their holy wraths for after the imps are gripped and decide who gets first cast and who gets second.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

If a person takes damage from Volatile Voidstep, that means they were standing in the purple circle when the void add jumped.

This fight is about two things: room management, and killing the void adds as soon as possible, and EVERYONE watching their feet, and making sure they are NOT spawning purple on the ground. The link above shows who dropped purple on the ground most. As youc an see one is your tank, cuz one of the void adds is jumping into melee.

ALL RANGED need to switch to the void adds as soon as they come down. Our setup:

https://awwapp.com/s/25d8530e-f4b3-4...-39eb21d84030/

Basically the red blob is the boss + melee. The R1 and R2 dots are where the ranged stacks. They start on R1, then when the first purple adds drop, they go to R2, then when the next purple adds come they go back to R1, back and forth. The hunters will then try to get close and drag the purple adds away from the group and the melee. ALL RANGED SWITCH TO PURPLE ADDS. EVERYONE WATCHES THEIR FEET. Fire gets dropped directly above on the yellow dot, and when someone gets void surge they drop it near the fire, so that they can clear each other out.

Basically what you wanna do is call it out when people drop purple. Just say "xyz, you dropped purple that time, watch your feet please" that's all. Hopefully people will stop doing it. Volatile Voidstep.

Remember this fight is NOT about DPS. Do the mechanics, kill the fight.

Not to discount your effort or anything youswas, but for future reference, you can use this http://bossblueprint.com/wow.

Deleted
    You can also go the logs problems tab instead to see who stepped on volatile voidstep and how many times

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...view=execution

But ye i agree those voidsteps are insane, they seem to get into melee aswell. Something you should work on when you get your tanking stuff sorted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by youswas View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...s=1800&wipes=1

If a person takes damage from Volatile Voidstep, that means they were standing in the purple circle when the void add jumped.

This fight is about two things: room management, and killing the void adds as soon as possible, and EVERYONE watching their feet, and making sure they are NOT spawning purple on the ground. The link above shows who dropped purple on the ground most. As youc an see one is your tank, cuz one of the void adds is jumping into melee.

ALL RANGED need to switch to the void adds as soon as they come down. Our setup:

https://awwapp.com/s/25d8530e-f4b3-4...-39eb21d84030/

Basically the red blob is the boss + melee. The R1 and R2 dots are where the ranged stacks. They start on R1, then when the first purple adds drop, they go to R2, then when the next purple adds come they go back to R1, back and forth. The hunters will then try to get close and drag the purple adds away from the group and the melee. ALL RANGED SWITCH TO PURPLE ADDS. EVERYONE WATCHES THEIR FEET. Fire gets dropped directly above on the yellow dot, and when someone gets void surge they drop it near the fire, so that they can clear each other out.

Basically what you wanna do is call it out when people drop purple. Just say "xyz, you dropped purple that time, watch your feet please" that's all. Hopefully people will stop doing it. Volatile Voidstep.

Remember this fight is NOT about DPS. Do the mechanics, kill the fight.
    Im sorry, i disagree.

With the gear you have when you reach Xhul, you have so much dps you ignore half of the boss mechanics.

You don't need room management, boss dies before you run out of space.

Imps have to die before they cast, cc cannot keep them forever.

Imps have higher priority over void fiends. You should not be killing void fiends when there are imps up, and you can dodge them for quite some time before they start casting fast enough to be an issue.

If you are struggling with void zones, please ask your people to be more careful, and make sure they have all the graphics enabled to see them. Not standing in shit is basic mechanic present in all boss fights.

I am sure if you have reached xhul, you can motivate the ppl to focus for 4 minutes, and watch their feet.

Good luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tishko View Post
    If you are struggling with void zones, please ask your people to be more careful, and make sure they have all the graphics enabled to see them. Not standing in shit is basic mechanic present in all boss fights.

I am sure if you have reached xhul, you can motivate the ppl to focus for 4 minutes, and watch their feet.

Good luck.
    You would think that but mythic guilds still progressing atm, the one i was in and am in aswell, always got people who just really can´t do this consistantly. And since most guilds dont got the roster to sit them out, its sadly better to work around it with positioning. I know it sounds sad but thats just the hard truth. It doesn´t work to sit them aside and tell them to improve, especially when its more then 1 person doing it.