Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    The world will weep as that jingoist asshat fades from Twitter.

Personally, I find it hilarious that he of all people gets upset about other people badmouthing others. The sheer amount of vitriol he spews about Germany, Mexico, the United States, France, and pretty much every other country of the world on Q.I. alone is embarrassing. But hey, it's okay! He's "just taking the piss out of them," amirite? "Do as I say, not as I do."
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So was Fry offended by the way people reacted to him?

Seems like it, ironic.
    There actually is no irony.

He wasn't offended, he is just sick of their shit and decided to call them on it. There is quite a difference.

Deleted
    Apparently it's impossible to be angry about something without being considered offended these days.

You would have to be insane to use twitter now

One off colour joke made while drunk could cost you your job and your lively hood thanks to those butthurt offended by everything dickheads.

Fry did the right thing and i hope millions of others followers suit and hopefully twitter will collapse in on itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    There actually is no irony.

He wasn't offended, he is just sick of their shit and decided to call them on it. There is quite a difference.

Might of want to look up the definition of that work my friend.

Obviously his feelings towards Twitter were enough to cause him to delete his account. They weren't warm and fuzzy feelings, he didn't delete his account because he agrees with twitter. He deleted his account because twitter to be offensive to his own ideas.

offend

verb of·fend \ə-ˈfend\

Simple Definition of offend
    : to cause (a person or group) to feel hurt, angry, or upset by something said or done
    : to be unpleasant to (someone or something)
    : to do wrong : to be against what people believe is acceptable or prope
    offense

noun of·fense \ə-ˈfen(t)s, especially for 3 ˈä-ˌfen(t)s, ˈȯ-\

Simple Definition of offense
    : something that causes a person to be hurt, angry, or upset
    : something that is wrong or improper
    : a criminal act
    He threw a hissy fit and deleted his account.

He is a man, he said the words, he should stand by them.
    If he felt he didn't mean to offend anyone or regrets the words then he apologizes.
    He doesn't feel that he was wrong then he should stand by those words even more.
    Especially if you're a man famous for saying offensive shit and telling people its there choice to be offended.

I've seen the joke, its wasn't particularly funny, but it was a joke nonetheless. The thing about making such jokes is that they are risky and if they fall flat then you're playing yourself in a tough position. His joke fell flat and he paid the consequences. Someone of his caliber should know that you must build a rapport with the audience before you go talking about people if you don't want your jokes to be taken the wrong way.

I think he got the short of the stick, I think people might have overrated but I can't overlook the irony. Its too rich, its too delicious. Perhaps twitter should censor the people who spoke out against Fry .

If he truly practices what he preaches then deleting his account is not the way to get his message across. He show the people, lets call them SJWs, that they can silence anyone as long as they type enough. He just got his ass beat by a bunch of twitter nerds.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    My twitter account got hacked and is now posting Arabic stuff. My twitter account also does now follow and has more followers than ever before. Nobody can call me unsociable or racist now.

Another good person realized what a hellish trap Twitter was and leaves. Not the first, not the last. Let the insane histrionic trolls pour their frothy screams down a well. The only context they have for any situation is whichever one they can spin to make a scene and enrage their following. It's an automated do it yourself cult for people who lack the charisma to derange their following in person.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fry pulls this shit all the time. He's been getting himself into trouble over his twitter outbursts for years now, he needs someone to manage his social media since he obviously can't handle it himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Working as intended imo, you're not free from criticism and if it triggers you so much that you need to delete your social media to paint yourself as the victim then you never really had a leg to stand on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    My twitter account got hacked and is now posting Arabic stuff. My twitter account also does now follow and has more followers than ever before. Nobody can call me unsociable or racist now.
    Yeah you might want to get that closed before you end up on a list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yeah let see I'm looking forward to that. Twitter could use less sanctimonious hypocrites right along with any lynch mobs. And apparently he wasn't saying what people were thinking otherwise he'd still be on twitter.
    Yeah everyone says shit like this but when the thing dies they quit using it. MySpace is used by how many now? If everyone quit then sure you can have your awesome dead social media platform.

Not sure how he's a sanctimonious hypocrite because he deleted though. Guy gets flamed by idiots for his joke so he realizes the medium isn't what he wanted or he doesn't want to put up with it so he deletes. I don't see what's wrong there but then again I couldn't really give a shit either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Another good person realized what a hellish trap Twitter was and leaves. Not the first, not the last. Let the insane histrionic trolls pour their frothy screams down a well. The only context they have for any situation is whichever one they can spin to make a scene and enrage their following. It's an automated do it yourself cult for people who lack the charisma to derange their following in person.
    So you rather have an eco-chamber where everyone agrees with one another?

Fry used his free speech, they used theirs. Think about free speech it means there a bunch of opinions, many of which don't agree. You support free speech? You don't take all your toys and go home when others don't agree with something you said, same way you can speak out against someone you don't like.

Deleted
    Yeah you might want to get that closed before you end up on a list.
    Does a twitter account really matter? I thought it's only good to get some free hardware.

So you rather have an eco-chamber where everyone agrees with one another?

Fry used his free speech, they used theirs. Think about free speech it means there a bunch of opinions, many of which don't agree. You support free speech? You don't take all your toys and go home when others don't agree with something you said, same way you can speak out against someone you don't like.
    Were they speaking with Fry and sharing ideas? Or were they venting at Fry because they had no idea what was going on and got angry and confused and lashed out?

Taking your toys and going home is the only real option if the alternative is letting dogs tear your toys apart.

So yes, Twitter should continue being an echo chamber of senseless howling.