Thread: Rift Subreddit

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Rift Subreddit

Not sure if this has been answered before but I'm curious about the moderator over there. I've been reading posts that Cupperoni has silently been hiding threads that are negative or critical toward the game without telling the person that created the thread. Does she work for Rift? Are there any "safe" places for constructive criticism aside from here on MMO-Champ?
    Horde always.

Here is all good dude. Basically Trion have turned into complete nutjobs and are closing any forum thread that is critical of any of their design decisions even if it's just pure critical and no bashing. As for reddit no idea as I'm not an avid user. Guess they want to keep their new pay to win transition as it is and censor anyone who disagrees with it

Quote Originally Posted by cwowtbang View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered before but I'm curious about the moderator over there. I've been reading posts that Cupperoni has silently been hiding threads that are negative or critical toward the game without telling the person that created the thread. Does she work for Rift? Are there any "safe" places for constructive criticism aside from here on MMO-Champ?
    Yes threads have been disappearing on the Reddit too,i witnessed one first hand mysteriously vanishing a few days ago (Spectre_06's follow-up),I don't think she works for them but who knows,maybe they told her they would perma ban her game account if she didn't clean up

10+ Year Old Account
    Rift on REDDIT is heavily censored.

This behaviour on the official forums also got much worse when Ocho took over as CM and I suspect a bit when Elizabeth (I think that was her name) was CM. Things get moved, deleted. People started getting banned. I picked up a few temporary forum bans a year or two ago, but lately I just pop in to the Rift forums to read changes and don't bother logging in.

The negativity towards the game on the forums and in livestream is quite evident. There are a few die-hard white knights, but I've noticed even some old supporters of the game don't even bother any more.

You ask about the moderators here? If I'm not mistaken, Edge got banned on the Rift forums recently for nothing more than being a bit critical and sarcastic. Not sure if it was a perma-ban or not.

Game is obviously struggling to make ends meet and in steep decline and hyper-sensitive about doing damage control.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-02-16 at 08:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cupcakey set my posts to automatically hide from the public. No notification, no justification. No official rules broken.

I imagine Ocho just asked her to remove excessive criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Cupcakey set my posts to automatically hide from the public. No notification, no justification. No official rules broken.

I imagine Ocho just asked her to remove excessive criticism.
    Even R rated movies don't get this much censorship in certain countries

Deleted
    Cupcakey deletes, hides anything that its against trino, shes been doing it for a long time. Rift reddit is like heaven for slipmat and the others trino whiteknights.

I thought it was a clean site where the right facts get reported. First time I am hearing such that threads are being hidden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    Rift reddit is like heaven for slipmat
    Good luck ever reading a post by me on the Rift Reddit as i never even joined it and seldom even bother visiting it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Good luck ever reading a post by me on the Rift Reddit as i never even joined it and seldom even bother visiting it
    I believe you misunderstood his point.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyAnimal8 View Post
    I thought it was a clean site where the right facts get reported. First time I am hearing such that threads are being hidden.
    Who decides what the "right facts" are? I assume its the same people responsible for removing the "wrong facts". Fandoms in general, and Reddit ones in particular, tend to become more hardline as time goes on.

If Moderators are indeed removing anything critical then you're left with an echo chamber, not a place where discussion can happen.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just had a thread I made yesterday hidden from public view by cupcake without warning or notice. Which to me was strange since I didn't break any of the subbreddit rules. I am not even mad, since I've uninstalled every Trion game on my computer I decided to just unsub from that subreddit. #notevenmad. XD
    Last edited by cwowtbang; 2016-03-05 at 07:19 PM.
    Horde always.

10+ Year Old Account