Legion Alpha Unholy & Frost Death Knight Preview/Guide

Hey all

I was lucky enough to get into the legion alpha recently and I thought I would share a video with you. I played an unholy death knight for a bit and made sort of a preview/guide to showcase the basic gameplay & style of the spec.

EDIT: I know have videos up for both unholy and frost.

Unholy:

Frost:

I was thinking of doing this for every spec so if you have any suggestions/improvements let me know. I'm sure there's room for improvement.

Anyways, thanks for checking it out!
    Last edited by madseason; 2016-02-24 at 06:34 PM.

Nice video, just to correct something you said - Asphyxiate doesn't stop you from being able to do other abilities while it is channelling.

Apart from that, seems to be all good info.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Smegdead/advanced
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/kazzak/Smegdead
    https://raider.io/characters/eu/kazzak/Smegdead

Quote Originally Posted by Smeghead View Post
    Nice video, just to correct something you said - Asphyxiate doesn't stop you from being able to do other abilities while it is channelling.

Apart from that, seems to be all good info.
    D'oh! Thanks for the correction. I'll add an annotation to fix that.

Sweet video. Your voice is awesome.

Interesting, I'll probably change to unholy... I love that you can focus more on diseases or pets in the talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjan View Post
    Good video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Sweet video. Your voice is awesome.

Interesting, I'll probably change to unholy... I love that you can focus more on diseases or pets in the talents.
    Thanks guys...glad you liked it! I'll be working on Frost spec next. I hope to have it out within a week tops =)

would be cool if every spec (or at least every role) will have thread for their disscusion. Sometime reading all things together make me confused. Also - nice one man

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    would be cool if every spec (or at least every role) will have thread for their disscusion. Sometime reading all things together make me confused. Also - nice one man
    Thanks! Happy to see people are liking it. =)

Deleted
    Such a good video. I actually came across it on YouTube earlier this week.

There is so much to be said for servicing the video medium and actually SHOWING the spells and abilities. Too many content creators just read tooltips.

Good stuff. Do more.

Can't echo what these peeps have already said enough. Showing content is so much better than reading tooltips which is what a lot of mainstream content producers have done and glad to see how well you did it. Nice voice too.

He Shows the Tool-tips for the abilities

He shows the animations for the abilities

He gives his opinion on the abilties/rotation

He gives video footage of the abilties/rotation

Perfect Alpha/Beta Tester, Liked, Subscribed, and waiting for your rundown of the other specs, good work sir.

ALSO DOESNT WAIST OUR TIME WITH ARTIFACT QUESTLINE RUBBAGE

Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    Such a good video. I actually came across it on YouTube earlier this week.

There is so much to be said for servicing the video medium and actually SHOWING the spells and abilities. Too many content creators just read tooltips.

Good stuff. Do more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxz19 View Post
    Can't echo what these peeps have already said enough. Showing content is so much better than reading tooltips which is what a lot of mainstream content producers have done and glad to see how well you did it. Nice voice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    He Shows the Tool-tips for the abilities

He shows the animations for the abilities

He gives his opinion on the abilties/rotation

He gives video footage of the abilties/rotation

Perfect Alpha/Beta Tester, Liked, Subscribed, and waiting for your rundown of the other specs, good work sir.

ALSO DOESNT WAIST OUR TIME WITH ARTIFACT QUESTLINE RUBBAGE
    Thanks so much for the feedback and nice words everyone - this motivates me a lot! In the process of making the Frost DK preview right now. I'll hopefully have it out within 1-2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by madseason View Post
    Hey all

I was lucky enough to get into the legion alpha recently and I thought I would share a video with you. I played an unholy death knight for a bit and made sort of a preview/guide to showcase the basic gameplay & style of the spec. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bphUf7L9Xdg

I was thinking of doing this for every spec so if you have any suggestions/improvements let me know. This is my first class video so I'm sure there's room for improvement.

Anyways, thanks for checking it out!

Excellent video man.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely gave me a better understanding of Legion Unholy and rekindled my interest in the class.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Could you answer one question please. Do dks have access to offensive dispel in alpha? Since all glyphs are being removed.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Excellent video man.
    Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Definitely gave me a better understanding of Legion Unholy and rekindled my interest in the class.
    Yeah unholy DK will be the first class I level when Legion hits. Loving the way they play right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Could you answer one question please. Do dks have access to offensive dispel in alpha? Since all glyphs are being removed.
    It seems like both frost and unholy do not have dispels as of yet - not sure about blood. I thought that I read somewhere that glyphs were staying in the game and were just being reworked. They aren't in the alpha yet though so I could be wrong.

Also, I updated the thread with the frost DK guide as well. I didn't want to make another thread and spam the forum =)

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply. I really hope offensive dispel comes back and would be even nicer if it doesnt have one rune cost. All Dk comps revolves around Dk being the dispeller without it Dks maybe not be viable for high rated arena.

Awesome videos both of em. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I really hope offensive dispel comes back and would be even nicer if it doesnt have one rune cost. All Dk comps revolves around Dk being the dispeller without it Dks maybe not be viable for high rated arena.
    Agreed. It's been a while since I've been in the pvp scene, but dispels were my #1 priority in arena matches. It would be a big hit to lose them.

Quote Originally Posted by Romboe View Post
    Awesome videos both of em. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks man! I appreciate that.