Thread: income tax

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenden View Post
    As far as EIC goes, for every example of why EIC is abused, I can show 4 or 5 more cases where that money has gone to those who need it.
    You're talking to Orlong. His response will be "Fuck those 4 or 5. We've got to deal with fraud!"

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    You're talking to Orlong. His response will be "Fuck those 4 or 5. We've got to deal with fraud!"
    Id say those 4 or 5 didnt do shit to earn that refund since they paid nothing in. They can get a damn job or 2 and earn their own money instead of taking mine

I'm not going to get much of one this year. I usually end up with a fairly small federal tax return, and I end up actually owing the state money.

It's usually like....one dollar or so that I owe the state.

Tax return? I have not had any taxes returned to me in years. I take less withholdings than the sheet advises so that I have more money each paycheck. I do not cheat on my taxes but I do have a few dodges I use in advance to reduce my tax liability so I end up only paying $100-$200 around April and I generally arrange for that to come out of a triple paycheck month.

It is a little extra effort but, I dislike giving the federal government use of my money interest free just to have them give it back to me later.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb