Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Within Temptation is considered Metal? Cool. Didn't know that. Love them.

I guess my comment goes to show that the Metal scene is so divided on what actually is...Metal, that it's almost a moot conversation. I have no idea what people consider Metal these days, I just realized.
    They're certainly connected to Metal. I think it is fair to call them Symphonic Metal (and their later stuff Alternative).

Deleted
    Wtf does it matter really? There's plenty of metal bands who have female members, does it NEED to be all women to count? What a bunch of whiners. Whoever thinks metal has a "women problem" obviously hasn't listened to much metal. When will these people stop trying to make everything perfectly fit their stupid bogus social science crap?

And even if metal fans are principally male, why are they reluctant to cheer for a female-fronted band? Never fail to understand this: because being a fan is an act of submission. It’s the same reason men can't wait destroy a successful female player in a live-action role-playing video game..
    Oook, now I get it. They're just mental. That and they've never in their lives been to a metal concert.

Isn't it ironic that Kittie was recommended to me by a guy friend who was a big fan...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    They're certainly connected to Metal. I think it is fair to call them Symphonic Metal (and their later stuff Alternative).
    They were very much metal at least back during "Enter"

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Most of the metal bands I listen to are female fronted. So I don't understand this at all?
    its just click bait that their friends can link to when they need an "example" about how women are marginalized. Yet it works and normies believe anything they read on the internet.

Deleted
    Isn't Nightwish super famous? And don't they have a second female lead singer in a row? They're metal, right? And I bet they're one of the more famous bands out there in general.

For example, BABYMETAL — a band only a pedophile could love
    That's quite harsh and uncalled for. All I wonder is how those thigh-highs would look like on me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I also don't think I've ever heard of women not being welcome in Metal.
    The problem is you don't speak SJW so let me translate this article and the dumb comments that go with it to "Universal English".

"You must applaud any band that has any female members as the best group ever or we'll think you're a female hating, patriarchy loving, cis male despot who wants to oppress and rape women, because rape culture and it doesn't matter if the band sucks balls and can't sing or play for shit."
    Last edited by mmoce1e4d9dec7; 2016-02-21 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    There was also this clanger of an article:

Leeds University: Folk Metal is Racist and Sexist
    They better leave folk metal alone or I'll riot. That's the last drop. Leave the hot vikings alone, dammit!