Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If men united, claimed to identify as women, and specifically only used ladies rooms for taking dumps, and men's rooms for peeing, this law would get reverted pretty fast.

I would laugh so hard if this became a thing.
    Wow this 100%. Good job.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Gadion View Post
    I wonder if they can't take measures to prevent people from abusing the system.

This event transpired at some or another pool, I gather. If you require people to get a permit to enter this pool, you can make magnetic identity cards for each individual and these cards can then be used to access the bathroom. On your application you would be required to state your gender and the card is only valid for the bathroom of the gender you have chosen or something?
    So this guy (and people like him) intentionally pick the woman's bathroom and now they HAVE to use. You havent solved anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Or maybe you could note that those actually identifying (actual term: presenting) as female / male are the ones this law is intended to cover, not those that yell "i identify as [gender]" while presenting as the other gender.

Given that his response wasn't "i identify as female", but rather "you can't stop me, it's the law!".. why don't you take a guess?
    Did they ask if he identified as female? Isn't that a microagression? What if he said he identified as female and then got brutally attacked by a group of anti homosexual people? I understand what the law was intended to cover. But this is what happens in an overly political correct world they are designing. Maybe he said that as a defense mechanism because he is being marginalized? Seriously, what did they think would happen when they made this law?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah, except in that case, he can be arrested and charged. And have restraining orders put on.
    WIth this law, not if he says he "identifies" as a woman. How do you prove he doesnt? You cant.

I identify as a shark, so I'd like for my own designated spot in the pool, so that I can snack and relieve myself without any other genders bothering me.
    It's only fair in this day and age!

Change identify to present as= problem solved?
    Or would that be sexist as men would have to put more effort in to present as women?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Given that his response wasn't "i identify as female", but rather "you can't stop me, it's the law!".. why don't you take a guess?
    She said "the law has changed, and I have a right to be here" which implies she identifies as female.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-02-17 at 10:05 PM. Reason: corrected the pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    All I can think of is "this is the future you chose." /shrug
    I didn't choose it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Man entering women's toilet/shower -> pervert
    Woman entering men's toilet/shower -> cute
    Even if the law is kept and implemented widespread, I have a feeling that a woman in-transition would still be far more terrified of changing in the women's room than a man in transition would be of changing in the men's room. In other words, in general a person transitioning to a man would make the jump to the correct changing room far sooner without fear of being screamed at or forcibly removed.

Edit: wow this thread got derailed fast
    Last edited by Trollfat; 2016-02-17 at 10:04 PM.
    HEROES NEVER DIE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    So this guy (and people like him) intentionally pick the woman's bathroom and now they HAVE to use. You havent solved anything.
    Yeah, since you're not allowed to force a gender on anyone, my suggestion wouldn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, except in that case, he can be arrested and charged. And have restraining orders put on.
    As can a transgender individual for sexually harassing/assaulting people in a bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    If a pervert wants to use the ladies room to be gross its gonna happen whether its allowed or not.
    Really? You are really going there? So, a man entering woman's public bathroom is common place before this law? That no one would stop him from entering woman's bathroom in a public place? Are you really that liberal?

great...a law that lets every guy be able to whip out his dick in front of women in restrooms and in changing rooms because he said a few magic words...i don't care what gender someone identifies as, if they still have a dick then they need to go to the male facilities period

this is very disturbing
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Deleted
    "Really bizarre," MaryAnne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Erm, assuming it wasn`t a legit reason, sort of obvious there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post

I really don't see the value in letting someone pick any facility based on what they "identify" as. Just because it makes them feel comfortable? What about the absurdly huge overwhelming majority of people who are now made uncomfortable?
    I have to agree with this, while it may appease the individual, it will clearly make others feel uncomfortable.
    Why not just have individual cubicles (like in toilets) where someone can change & have the lockers central to these?

I'm also curious about Gender Fluid.

DISCLAIMER: I know mods don't like gender identity discussions, but since we have a basis for this, and it isn't bashing we can keep it civil. Pinkie Promess.

Anyhow, Gender Fluid can feel like a man one day and a women another. Do they have access to all facilities? Talk about the embarrassment of choice (that's an expression in english right?)
    I`ve never heard of that before, Gender Fluid. Learn something new every day (forget twice as much)

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I don't know why you guys are being so transphobic and judging. You should let him use the bathroom he properly identifies with.
    Erm, don`t you mean She?

As I suggested above, why not just have one room in changing rooms/toilets & cubicles where anyone can do as they require.
    Yes, some (I know damn well I would) would still feel weird about it, but after a while, it`d pass.
    Of course, you will always get some perve or something would abuse this.

P.S. I`m currently in York (UK) area & a small town on the edge, used to have Mens & Womens toilets.
    The Mens got closed & the Womens got changed into shared toilets.
    Bad enough that this is 2-3 cubicles (so I`ve heard), but no one I know ever uses them now, preferring the nearest pub toilets.
    Going in when other Women/Men/kids of either sex are in there just seems wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    ?
    I`ve never heard of that before, Gender Fluid. Learn something new every day (forget twice as much)
    Gender Fluid is a politically correct term to people who are mentally ill and need help...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    As can a transgender individual for sexually harassing/assaulting people in a bathroom.
    Pervert/stare != sexual assault. Looking is harassment.

I liked that episode of South Park.

As long as laws aren't being broken I fail to see an issue. People advocated for this.

Personally I want my Attack Helicopter bathrooms since I identify as one.

So, how much money does the pool have to spend rebuilding and restructuring their changing room/restroom set up to appease everyone over a decision they had no part in?

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, how much money does the pool have to spend rebuilding and restructuring their changing room/restroom set up to appease everyone over a decision they had no part in?
    I wonder if this is the kind of thing people said after racial desegregation?

Anyway, there's absolutely no reason to separate changing rooms by sex or gender. It made enough sense when we pretended everybody was strictly heterosexual, but we know better now.

Quote Originally Posted by wregelmann View Post
    I wonder if this is the kind of thing people said after racial desegregation?

Anyway, there's absolutely no reason to separate changing rooms by sex or gender. It made enough sense when we pretended everybody was strictly heterosexual, but we know better now.
    Great. How much money needs to be spent to convert all bathrooms into the one bathroom utopias people see in their dreams at night?