Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Good job leftists, this is what happens when you let the mentally ill deviants who think they're the wrong gender/species have their way, rather than trying to treat the mental illness. Is this what you wanted? You've opened the floodgates for disgusting perversion in America. Now you can reap the effects of the stupidity that you have sown.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-02-18 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuffel View Post
    Good job leftists, this is what happens when you let the mentally ill deviants who think they're the wrong gender/species have their way, rather than trying to treat the mental illness. Is this what you wanted? You've opened the floodgates for disgusting perversion in America. Now you can reap the effects of the stupidity that you have sown.
    I doubt very much that this guy believed himself to be "transgender."

He wanted to look at women changing their clothes. Pure and simple.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's a curiousity to me, too. Maybe this person said that because simply stating "I identify as a woman" wouldn't have appeased them.
    It was a concise answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Who is going to be inflicted with more emotional damage? The few transgender people who want to be able to change in the dressing rooms of the opposite sex they were born with, or everyone else who will be uncomfortable changing around someone of the opposite sex.
    This question can be extended to how we handle gay men in the men's room.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/regio...-rule/45489064

Well, we've been theorizing about this, and now it's actually put into practice.

I do wonder how far this can be pushed though? I mean, we have to just take the person's word since gender and sex are not linked anymore.
    And....this is why we can't have nice things. Too many jerks around. If only people would grow up...

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Eventually I am sure the SocJus crowd and lawmakers will find some way to ensure that men cannot enter women's changing rooms without showing some proof of transness, the inverse situation will of course never be addressed.
    The best response would be stop oppressing me, you insensitive pig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I doubt very much that this guy believed himself to be "transgender."
    He wanted to look at women changing their clothes. Pure and simple.
    To wear a robe you should mutilate your genital first, like excision for women if they want to wear some pants ?

Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2016-02-18 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shortsighted people will comment on how this is a direct and unique outcome of changes to bathroom laws.

People who feel like thinking about this topic for more than a couple of seconds will quickly realize that this is not a problem unique to changes in law, nor does it particularly enable this kind of behavior.

For example; how would you feel if some guy was in the men's locker room, staring creepily at you as you undressed? Before the change in law, he would have a right to be there. He would be doing nothing 'wrong'. The issue here isn't about gender or sex; it's about behavior. And suspicious individuals, no matter which locker room they're in, should be removed.

Some minor points:

There's an imbalance in power between males and females, and this could be a tempting argument for females' rights to be intimidated to a greater extent. But again, this isn't unique to the situation at hand. When I was young, I would change in the locker rooms at the sports club, and most of the patrons were older males. That's quite an imbalance of power. I'm sure some of them were staring at me creepily too.

Let's also not forget that, if he were disposed, a man can always go into a woman's locker room and commit crimes. These changes do not permit these crimes to be committed, and neither do they enable them.

Finally, privacy is available. There are always stalls where people can change. This is really a non-issue. People are just being ideological prudes.

I really don't see the value in letting someone pick any facility based on what they "identify" as. Just because it makes them feel comfortable? What about the absurdly huge overwhelming majority of people who are now made uncomfortable?
    This^

Absolutely ridiculous that someone can literally just feel like changing in a bathroom of the opposite sex and get away with it because they can say they identify as a woman/ man. Who's going to have the documentation and other legal BS to back up the claim on them? Who would even go that far to refute the claim in the first place? How COULD you refute the claim?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This^

Absolutely ridiculous that someone can literally just feel like changing in a bathroom of the opposite sex and get away with it because they can say they identify as a woman/ man. Who's going to have the documentation and other legal BS to back up the claim on them? Who would even go that far to refute the claim in the first place? How COULD you refute the claim?
    More importantly, does it matter?

Gay people already change in their respective rooms, and there are already imbalances of power between old and young, and there is always the option of privacy that can be attained by changing in a stall, and people who are going to commit a crime don't pay attention to signs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    This^

IMO, there's no way to challenge someone on this without being labeled as transphobic. It's the perfect plan.

Oh this is a simple open and shut case here.

They just need to apply existing objective and empirical measures that indicate somebody is actually trans gender and use that to screen change room users.

As if any law get passed without issues...

I do agree that simply gender identification should not be enough to suddenly switch the bathrooms you enter, the wording seems too lax and undefined. There are blatant transgenders that should be allowed to use the same rooms as their alter gender as that alone causes awkward moments and is in a way, discrimination. This guy just wants to abuse a new law, what else is new?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If you're a 30 year old genetically male person who identifies as a woman and you want to use the restroom that's full of teenage girls, that's where you lose me.
    So you would rather that male attend the men's room looking like this?

These sort of issues make my brain hurt because gender is so confusing these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of toxicity is why we don't do threads on gender identity here. Locking this.