Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry Obama to pay respects at court, won't attend Scalia funeral

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will visit the Supreme Court Friday to pay their respects as Justice Antonin Scalia lies in repose but won't attend Scalia's funeral. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Wednesday that Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden will attend the funeral on Saturday at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington.

Scalia died on Saturday at age 79. He joined the court in 1986 and was its longest-serving justice.

Former Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who died in 2005, was the last member of the high court to lie in repose.

Obama has said he will nominate a replacement for Scalia with "plenty of time" for the Senate to act

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...a-funeral.html

Oh so Obama can go to a thugs funeral but not a respected Judges? I bet if he were black Obama would go. 2017 can't come fast enough!
    Last edited by MatthewOU2015; 2016-02-17 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will visit the Supreme Court Friday to pay their respects as Justice Antonin Scalia lies in repose but won't attend Scalia's funeral. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Wednesday that Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden will attend the funeral on Saturday at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington.

Scalia died on Saturday at age 79. He joined the court in 1986 and was its longest-serving justice.

Former Chief Justice William Rehnquist, who died in 2005, was the last member of the high court to lie in repose.

Obama has said he will nominate a replacement for Scalia with "plenty of time" for the Senate to act

Oh so Obama can go to a thugs funereal but not a respected Judges? I bet if he were black Obama would go. 2017 can't come fast enough!
    Well that seems rude. i hope he at least takes a few stokes off his golf game.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Only four out of the past seven funerals for a Supreme Court justice have either had the president or vice president in attendance. But hey, leave it to an Alabama racist to try to stir shit up that is irrelevant.

Deleted
    I think that in his death, Judge Scalia should be free from any policial restraints and all politicians, regardless of their affiliation, should pay respects to this man.
    Death IS the great equalizer, and he will not stop for democrat or republican.

Oh so Obama can go to a thugs funereal but not a respected Judges? I bet if he were black Obama would go. 2017 can't come fast enough!
    Which Thug? I know he's sent representatives to the funerals of thugs but am not aware of him attending in person.

Even if he did attend, the FoxNews crowd would just spin it into some sort of implied insult or gloating, and thereby ruin the event.

No, paying his respects is enough. It's not like (we hope anyhow) that Scalia is some sort of vampire you need to see properly buried to confirm they're gone. Attending the funeral means little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Only four out of the past seven funerals for a Supreme Court justice have either had the president or vice president in attendance. But hey, leave it to an Alabama racist to try to stir shit up that is irrelevant.
    If Obama attended then he'd probably get tarred as an uppity black attending a white conservative Christians funeral.

Is Scalia a man who would want Obama at his funeral?

10+ Year Old Account
    i sense race baiting.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

is today "halfhazzardly criticizing Obama day"?

How dare Obama not go to his funeral and increase the already big circus that is going on around his death.

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    The bait was cast, who bites?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    is today "halfhazzardly criticizing Obama day"?
    no that is everyday. today is scalia day.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

7+ Year Old Account

So is the word thug the cool word used by folks instead of the N word? Just trying to keep up with times.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Did it occur to you that the family may not want the President to attend? Probably not, lol. Having a President show up anywhere is a logistical nightmare, creating a lot of "President first, deceased family second" problems. Also, they didn't like each other very much and Obama attending would be a major political thing. Showing your respects is what counts, not attending some dirt being tossed on your dead body event.

Hate Obama all you want, but don't make up asinine things to justify your unreasonable and unfounded opinions. Makes you look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i sense race baiting.
    That might just be a kidney stone. It's generally the same feeling for most people.

10+ Year Old Account

The race baiting is real. And from Alabama to boot, shocking

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you're from Alabama - never mind. I understand now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    The race baiting is real. And from Alabama to boot, shocking
    i know i was expecting mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Oh, you're from Alabama - never mind. I understand now.
    "funereal" should have been your first clue.