Poll: Which version will you start with?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire Emblem Fates: Which version will you start with?

Fire Emblem Fates is almost here! Super excited, and was wondering which version will you be starting with?

(Birthright) THE PATH OF PEACE: Born into the royal family of Hoshido, you were kidnapped by Nohrians as a child. In Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, you choose to return to your birth family. Can you end the battle with Nohr and protect the peace-loving Hoshidans?

ABOUT BIRTHRIGHT: This game offers a "classic" Fire Emblem experience. You'll gain ample gold and experience points as you play. If you're new to Fire Emblem, we suggest starting here.

(Conquest) THE PATH OF REVOLUTION: Choose to stay with the beloved Nohrian siblings you grew up with, though they're not related by birth. Can you and your royal siblings survive long enough to stop a war?

ABOUT CONQUEST: The Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game offers a more challenging path, where your resources are limited. Test your strategy skills and enjoy a more complex experience.

I think I may start with Conquest, as it is apparently more difficult than Birthright.. but am not sure. How about you guys?

You forgot Revelations, the middle path.

But whichever one I got the base copy for I guess, might be Conquest. Either way I'm definitely playing all.

Also there's a megathread for Fire Emblem but eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't think the last one came out until the 10th. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    Didn't think the last one came out until the 10th. Could be wrong though.
    It's possible, it's really hard to keep track honestly, but I think it comes with the special edition base, as an extra bonus.

Yep, you're right, March 10th. Swear it's still on the special edition, but that's a small amount of people anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear ya, I tried to reserve a copy but waited too long... Oh well.

Conquest probably cause 'Murica.

10+ Year Old Account
    will prolly not play this fire emblem considering the absurd pricetag in my country (around 140 USD), thank god for steam pricing dark souls 3 for 30 bucks and my 3ds being homebrewed
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Birthright then conquest, then revelation.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    will prolly not play this fire emblem considering the absurd pricetag in my country (around 140 USD), thank god for steam pricing dark souls 3 for 30 bucks and my 3ds being homebrewed
    Can't you just connect to the NA eshop on south american 3DS and get not shit pricing?

I haven't played a tactics game since Banner Saga over a year ago, so I'll go with Birthright initially to get up to speed. Probably Birthright on casual normal, then Conquest on normal classic, then Revelation on hard classic. Maybe. Depends on whether or not I can continue on with dead characters (which I did to my credit in Banner Saga) or have the urge to reset each time I lose somebody.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Can't you just connect to the NA eshop on south american 3DS and get not shit pricing?
    The local coin to usd ratio is a bit too borked atm, getting the full package would set me back a lot, for example getting fire emblem: Birthright sets me back more than dark souls 3 on steam right now.

Will prolly try the game on my modded 3ds (japanese version of the game), i always stop playing fire emblem near the end of them (same as awakening idk why)... so yeah, i'll get dark souls 3 over fire emblem because of how expensive FE ends up being, if one of the 3 titles is more expensive than a full pc game (or console game, depends on how you look at ds3) then i'm gonna look at dark souls over it (40 USD for fire emblem vs 35 that is going on for ds3 on my local coin), still have high regards for the game, seems to have quite good reviews for it.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2016-02-18 at 06:08 AM.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Don't play Revelations first, from what i have seen it contains super heavy spoilers and stuff you won't properly enjoy if you didn't player both or one of the others first. There is even a warning when you go to pick it not to do so unless you have played through the others first.
    Screw the rules I have money.

Besides, like pointed out, it isn't released at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Luckily i got the special edition so basically I'm just going to play the campaign up to chapter 6 and pick the side that i actually end up siding with :3

Then play the other, and then play revelations. I can't wait! So much hype!

- - - Updated - - -

Don't play Revelations first, from what i have seen it contains super heavy spoilers and stuff you won't properly enjoy if you didn't player both or one of the others first. There is even a warning when you go to pick it not to do so unless you have played through the others first.
    I'm jealous. I really wanted one of the special editions. I went in to reserve one and they said they were sold out in like several hours of allowing preorders. Gratz my friend!

Havnt played fire emblem since gba days but i have to ask, is there really enough difference in the games to warrant 3 seperate ones?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Havnt played fire emblem since gba days but i have to ask, is there really enough difference in the games to warrant 3 seperate ones?
    Each one has it's own viewpoint of the same story (I believe). Each one has unique units as well.. Birthright has Ninja, Oni Savage, Shrine Maiden, and Diviner. While Conquest has Butler/Maid, Malig Knight, Adventurer, and Wolfskin. I guess whether it's worth it or not depends on how much you like the series. When they first announced it I was a little hesitant, but I'm okay with it now.

Birthright>Conquest>Revelations because I'm a Awakeningbaby

7+ Year Old Account
    Conquest since only Lunatic mode was enough to satisfy my tactical needs in Awakening but I pre ordered the special edition when it comes out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niteowl View Post
    Fire Emblem Fates is almost here! Super excited, and was wondering which version will you be starting with?

(Birthright) THE PATH OF PEACE: Born into the royal family of Hoshido, you were kidnapped by Nohrians as a child. In Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, you choose to return to your birth family. Can you end the battle with Nohr and protect the peace-loving Hoshidans?

ABOUT BIRTHRIGHT: This game offers a "classic" Fire Emblem experience. You'll gain ample gold and experience points as you play. If you're new to Fire Emblem, we suggest starting here.

(Conquest) THE PATH OF REVOLUTION: Choose to stay with the beloved Nohrian siblings you grew up with, though they're not related by birth. Can you and your royal siblings survive long enough to stop a war?

ABOUT CONQUEST: The Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest game offers a more challenging path, where your resources are limited. Test your strategy skills and enjoy a more complex experience.

I think I may start with Conquest, as it is apparently more difficult than Birthright.. but am not sure. How about you guys?
    Neither because I dont support censorship/laziness.

Its still unclear wether they cut that feature because of censorship, or if they were just too lazy/cheap to pay for all the voiceacting it contained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Neither because I dont support censorship/laziness.

Its still unclear wether they cut that feature because of censorship, or if they were just too lazy/cheap to pay for all the voiceacting it contained.
    Yet it still have all the voice clips, they changed the Pegasus Knight name of the class to something weirder, they took out mah waifu petting minigame!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Yet it still have all the voice clips, they changed the Pegasus Knight name of the class to something weirder, they took out mah waifu petting minigame!
    It does not have all the voiceacting, because they cut out the skinshipping game, which contained a ton of it.

And yet they left in the "wake-up facerubbing".

So its clearly not because of censorship.

You know the difference? The skinshipping has a ton of voiceacting, and the wakeuprub only has text lines.

Seems like a blatant case of cutting content AND corners.