More Obligatory Mythic Gorefiend Help!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6wVdqvky7bBKC1Gg

Second full night of doing Gorefiend, our best attempt was 6% but we had three people down during our last feast so sadly we couldn't make the enrage. I was wondering if there are any smaller things that we can work on at this point to solidify that kill.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-02-18 at 04:09 PM. Reason: fixed link

If you're making it to the enrage, then your damage during feast is pretty bad. You should look at your raid's bloodlust, cooldown, ring, etc usage. Or they might just not be amazing and their dps rotations need work.

One of the not so smaller things, is how the ring and lust were not aligned in the first feast. People seem to tunnel the boss the instant the feast is up and neglect whatever adds are up. Also the boomkin didn't get a ring usage during the 1st feast (he died and went inside 1 second before the ring was used) and people that died during the 2nd feast and got ressed also didn't get a ring usage there.

That's mistakes that don't even have to do with knowing your class, your rotation etc. It's just lack of attention on important stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you'd had all your dps that last feast, then you would have killed it so you are on the right track. As Adramelch pointed out, CD usage could definitely be improved.

5 healing is a lot though, especially now with ilvl upgrades. Drop a healer and you won't even make it to the 3rd feast. If you continue 5 healing, at least have your MW doing a lot of fistweaving for damage, especially during feasts. There's no way a MW monk should only do 500k damage through the whole 9+ min attempt.

It would already be dead if your raiders were saving cooldowns and timing ring/pots/etc better

You wiped at ~22m health and Pilkington did 11m less damage then your other Arcane mage in the first feast alone. Seriously, there's A LOT of things to fix and you just need a few to get the kill.

Deleted
    I know you aren´t talking about healing problems but i had to check. If u do wanna 4 heal wich i would highly recommend (or at least monk fistweave), then your disc has to step up and reread about his class. Not a single Archangel cast is just garbage. Hes losing out on 25% extra heal and absorbs every 30 sec for 18 secs lenght and also loses out on Empowered Archangel wich makes his Prayer of healing crit 100% every 30 sec. You must understand how bad that is.

He should also stop casting Holy nova, stop casting PoM unless hes sure it will bounce on all targets (but even then most disc dont bother), Swich to Halo cause Cascade is bugged.

Also seems to have way to much spirit if hes not even going under 60% mana with only 10 Solace casts. If he got Demonic Phylactery he wants to drop alot of spirit. If he doesnt have it make sure he farms it on hc and normal every week, its just THAT good. But he should surely drop some mana and start casting more. He might also aswell be swiching to Mindbender if he cant keep solace on cooldown. Mindbender already returns more mana and even more with haste, but if u cant keep solace on cooldows its surely 300% better (if not more, just making a guess lol)
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-02-18 at 05:28 PM.

Your healing druid should use the UFE trinket (the xhul'horac leeching trinket). With that you will have leeching from monk and from druid with 200% dmg youl should not have any problem healing feast phase.

Minxter
    Straight up being a deadweight by going affliction. Tunnelling boss while being useless in the stomach adds means others have to pick up their damage to do way more on adds outside (everyone else has to do triple the damage to adds outside to kill them bc his warlock is being shit). Destro would get lots of milleage from sniping adds so others can do more damage on other things too.

Also despite tunnelling, he's doing terribly at it with atrocious haunting souls and drain soul uptime. Seeing as how he enchanted mark of warsong for haste I'd assume he's one of those "only know 1 spec" kind of player which isn't mythic material at all (especially since he's doing really bad at that one spec). Doesnt use doomguard with time warp, instead wastes it on the next feast with no pot or ring.

Really have to emphasize how terrible his haunting spirit uptime is @40% on every pull when it should be 100%

Marcula
    Havoc usage is very very low which basically is the mechanic that separates the great destro warlocks from the super weak ones. He could be doing double damage with chaos bolts multiple times each minute, or cloning shadowburn executes onto gorefiend throughout the entire fight. DPS could increase by 50% easily if he learnt how to havoc properly. Surprised he wouldnt even know this after doing kilrogg which is another fight which this is key, probably carried there too.

Only see the crafted trinket here, not sure what the other one is, maybe the class trinket? If so that's straight garbage on this encounter. DSI 100% on every fight he he has it.

Shadowburn on adds is pathetically low, should be #1 on add damage. No reason for a shadowpriest to be out executing a destro warlock with no cooldown on shadowburn

Vena
    blew all his wing charges before feast even happened when he could be doing it twice per feast to have god mode gorefiend damage. All melee really do is kill the tank add and hit boss, zero reason to pop everything on pull then nothing left for feast+ring+timewarp stage. Also not prepotting or using a potion during feast. Using unending hunger and drinking horn trinkets - does he really not have a class trinket?? Should be definitely used here

Helldog
    looks like is on add duty execute? Executor glyph would be pretty big here to give rage on execute which would let him chain full powered executes nonstop and no one should get digested. Rage gen doesnt show this so I dont think he's using the glyph. Also not sure why he's using the drinking horn as arms. It's total garbage for how slow he hits. Class trinket and unending hunger the way to go. He's also spamming mortal strike and colossus smash on the souls when rend spam and DK dots should be more than enough to tick them down to execute when people need to be broken out. A lot of wasted MS & CS that could be on the boss and tank add while DoTs take care of the rest

Others
    Time warp and ring didnt even line up either for a lot of the pulls for everyone. Dont know the other classes well enough to dig in the logs but in general:
    -Unholy DK looks ultra low too, being on soul duty should have them at 110k+ easily. Likely a rotational or ability issue
    -hunters are using Chim shot A LOT which can seriously screw up soul breaking
    -majority of construct damage is from the spriest when warlocks and hunters can execute these so easily
    -majority of essence damage is from hunters, spriest close to the top. Warlock hard failing here again
    -melee should be on top for gorebound spirit damage, yet the tank is beating everyone. Rogue has to seriously stop tunnelling boss all fight and get on this add
    -monk tank is taking monstrous amount of extra damage from now knowing how to hit purifying brew which is a very very key concept to monk tanking. Bad monk. May be why your group has needed an extra healer on every encounter (4 on kormrok instead of 3, 5 on most others instead of 4)

Most of the time when people fail DPS checks especially with the massive valor boost it's a L2P issue (and learn to gear) and all of these guys are no exception

Also people are using healthstones... WTF. Thats the worst option out of the healing consumables. They can't be that poor to not afford tonics or even shieldtronics. Tonics are free by trading in garrison resource too, no excuse.
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-02-18 at 06:15 PM. Reason: formatting

Astynax killed it with his reply,so i'll just add my 2cents to his observation

You're running 5 healers,combine that with some pretty low dps and you have a recipe for pain

Your damage done to is similar to our progress kills,but there's a few gents there with exceptionally low damage done ( Grey percentile so lowest of the low for their class parses ). The cooldown usage is also mong

6% on second night of progression? The nerfs hit him pretty bad.

At 5 healers, I really have no idea why your mistweaver is not fistweaving full time during feasts...

His leech trinket will do all the healing for him at that point anyways.

With a monk healer and that trinket, there is zero need to 5 heal that fight, as you can see in logs, he did 20M healing just with that leech trinket.

Also make sure your shaman drops Windwalk Totem if essences start doing too much damage.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Both your Mages need to use their CD's a lot more.

Zarkanis

Didn't burn at all on the opener.
    Doesn't burn between feasts.
    Essentially could've used AP/PC 6 times but instead only 2.

Pilkington

Is using OP. AO is better for P1, PC is better for feast.
    Does first burn at 16s. It's literally started as the ring wears off. You're meant to be lining the CD's up
    Don't see another CD use until 2nd feast which is 5 minutes into the fight.
    Again could've been 6 uses, but instead only 3.

Basically they both should be burning on opener. First feast is 2 minutes into the fight and Arcane CDs are 90s. That's a 30s window to delay it if you want for the first Shadow of Death debuff.
    After first feast they're 3 minutes apart giving exactly enough time to burn in the middle of each P1 without losing CDs on feasts. It's these burns in particular that really help the raid. Being able to burn down Constructs inside or out, and Essences outside can help stabilize a pull going out of control.

Just doing these properly would have you much closer to a kill
    Last edited by Zelendria; 2016-02-19 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astynax View Post
    Vena
    Using unending hunger and drinking horn trinkets - does he really not have a class trinket?? Should be definitely used here
    FWIW, I run the same combo on Gorefiend because I don't tunnel the boss/spirit, I hit nearby essences/constructs too, so class trinket would suck. Rapes my overall DPS of course, but I'm here for boss kills not rankings, and boss damage outside feast phases isn't particularly relevant to getting the kill.

Lots of wasted time damage then running to adds only to get 1-2 hits in unless all the range are super failures and hitting things. Even still, if he were picking trinkets for hitting other things he's not doing it very much
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...e=19&by=target

extremely minor damage on everything else that isn't boss or tank add

One of the minor things I would suggest is popping hero on the last feast, none of your dps should be moving to catch souls by this point because the boss is just going to enrage anyways. Hold hero to the end where everyone can focus on just dpsing while tanks handle the souls. Should help get a huge boost.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On the other hand, it's possible to get to the last feast with several deaths and just barely make it there. On the first one, everyone should be alive and well. Sure, theoretically all phases are the same, but you get less and less room as the fight progresses, so Wells start doing more damage and can take out people toward the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurdion View Post
    One of the minor things I would suggest is popping hero on the last feast, none of your dps should be moving to catch souls by this point because the boss is just going to enrage anyways. Hold hero to the end where everyone can focus on just dpsing while tanks handle the souls. Should help get a huge boost.
    Thats a terrible idea and just delays forcing him into execute range. Add to this the fact that on first kills you generally lose a few people along the way so they won't get lust.