Poll: How many binds do you use?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Yeah, personal attacks, classy.
    No less classy than some random blowhard saying 'omg no one uses that many and if they say they do they're liars'.

Edit: oh hey, that was you! No wonder you're whining about my reply.

If you don't like 'personal attacks' maybe don't generalize people who do things you don't/can't as liars, mmkay?
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2016-02-19 at 01:07 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely everything keybinded but with the ability pruning and all many of my classes have rather minimalistic action bars. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I have just about every ability keybound, but if we're talking about stuff I use in combat, it's probably less than twenty. My usual rotation involves around ten abilities, plus another handful of oh shit cooldowns plus things like pots and ring.

The only thing I click between all my characters is usually bloodlust/hero since I have a propensity for fatfingering it times I don't want it, and there's basically never a time when I don't know in advance Ill need to press it to prepare my mouse over the right action button spot.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1-6, Ctrl+1-6, Q, E, G, F. That's all I use, that's all I've ever used since Vanilla.

35+ including macros and even some toys and shit. But considering the direction they've taken with WOD and will continue with LEG, i'm talking ofc about "ability prune" cancer, you won't need more than 3-4 buttons soon enough.

I bind 1-7 on my mouse and have alt,ctrl, shift and caps lock as modifiers. So I guess that's 28. And the 5 programmable buttons on my keyboard would make it 33. About 20 of those would get used regularly.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2016-02-19 at 04:34 AM.

1 - Focus Target
    5- Demonic Gateway
    q - Incinerate
    e - Immolate
    c - Conflagrate
    x - Shadowburn
    Ctrl + C - Chaos Bolt
    Ctrl + E - Fire and Brimstone
    Ctrl + Q - DarkSoul + Blood Fury
    Ctrl + R - Havoc @ Focus
    Ctrl + X - Rain of fire
    Ctrl + 1 - DoomGuard
    Ctrl + 2 - Burning Rush
    Ctrl + 3 - Healthstone
    Shift + Q - Portal Summon
    Shift + E - Portal Teleport
    Shift + 1 - Pet ability
    Shift + 2 - Mount
    Alt + 1 - Soulstone
    Alt + 2 - Fear
    Alt + 3 - Banish

They are the main ones, anything outside of that is rarely used so not keybound

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaurenOrc View Post
    My healer I run Mythic with has key binds for each individual player and ability. A total of 300+ binds.
    Wtf? How?

How do you even fit 300+ keybinds on a keyboard? Even using all 3 modifiers (shift, ctrl, alt), I'd never come close to that. That would be around ~150 KBs with every key bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Wtf? How?

How do you even fit 300+ keybinds on a keyboard? Even using all 3 modifiers (shift, ctrl, alt), I'd never come close to that. That would be around ~150 KBs with every key bound.
    I have 70 something binds (Including non combat binds, F1 ~ F5 which are buffs and mounts). I play the game for mainly PVP, so I have a lot of focus and arena 1/2/3, macros...

You can combine modifiers (i.e.: ctrl + shift). If you have a gaming mouse (in my case, razer naga hex) you can macro buttons to be a modifier (I have shift, ctrl and crtl + shift on my mouse, and I press alt on the keyboard). You can also change the moving keys to the middle of the keyboard, so you can have easier access to more keys (I don't do that, but many players do).

49, but that's counting things like mounts, professions (yes, I'm that lazy). My orbweaver has 20 and is for offensive abilities and I don't use them all for every class. My bear only uses 8 binds on it and most of the stuff I have bound to the bottom row is the seldom used stuff. Warrior shouts, path of ice, horn of winter, open lockbox,etc. 12 buttons on my G600 are buffs/defensives and the 12 buttons plus modifier are things like mounts, repair mount, garrison ability, hearth,etc. M1-5 on my keyboard are cooking, fishing and professions. I probably only use 1/3 of them regularly.
    Last edited by Krieleros; 2016-02-19 at 07:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my set up:

s+q s+w s+e s+r
    qwer
    asdf
    SHIFT(123456789)

Mouse 4 focus macro
    Numpad + is mount

I think that's about it 26-30 I'll use in combat, depending if I have extra items to use etc, 32 in total.