Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Not only are they wrong, but these events are MORE common than the shootings and it's a part of proof that if you don't act like an ass, you'll more than likely get let off with a warning. But hey let's just like Michael Brown be called "an unarmed victim" when he dives at a cop trying to arrest him for robbery.
    Of course these encounters ending without issue is more common. Who is saying it doesn't?

You are aware that unarmed black people do get killed by the police and the officers rarely get in trouble for it, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by negawonka View Post
    You are assuming the percentage of reported negative incidents are the same as the percentage of reported positive incidents. That is not the case for the police or for anyone. If you have worked for a company and managed their reviews you would very easily see that depending on the business that it is easier for a person to be motivated into giving a bad review than it is for a person to be motivated into giving a good review.

Our news is sensationalized, it only reports things that will increase its ratings. What do you think will increase ratings more - a person getting shot by the police or the police helping a person change a flat tire?
    i did no such thing.

I think I'm starting to see the problem......you guys make up a lot of stuff.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no fan of the police, but if you act crazy around me and I'm armed, that increases the likelihood I might feel threatened and have to shoot you.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Tell that to Tamir Rice, the 12-year old child with a toy gun, who got shot in two seconds flat, before he even knew police were on the scene. How, exactly do you treat police with respect if you're dead?
    How about don't handle a fucking realistic looking toy gun in public if you don't want to get shoot? This should be common sense. Play with these toys on your own property and not in publicspace. There is a reason this stuff is forbidden in public where I live. Should be forbidden in such a gun flooded country like the USA too.

Heck I would get shot too if I walk around with a realistic looking toy gun in public and aim it at people. And I'm the whitest person ever .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-02-18 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may have my beef with the law enforcement in this country, but I have found that if you behave in a professional manner with them regarding being legally armed they shockingly behave in a professional manner with you. Probably is because a lot of cops don't mind armed law abiding citizens - after all most probably have lawful firearms at home that are not police issue.
    Or you can get yelled at by a sheriff for not informing them you have a CCL, even though I had no firearm and the law does not require me to inform them of that fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    i did no such thing.

I think I'm starting to see the problem......you guys make up a lot of stuff.
    What have I made up? You claimed we have multiple negative reports and imply that this one positive report shouldn't make the BLM look foolish. I explained to you the reason we have so many negative reports since I assumed if you made the point that we have a lot of negative reports you weren't aware that people generally don't report positive interactions. If my assumption is wrong and you knew that then why did you try to make the point that there are a lot of documented negative interactions? There are probably a lot of reports of police molesting goats, but trying to label the police as goat molesters because you have a fistful of negative reports is pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Or you can get yelled at by a sheriff for not informing them you have a CCL, even though I had no firearm and the law does not require me to inform them of that fact.
    You probably still should, since the police officer likely crapped his pants when it came up on his display that you might have a gun in the vehicle that you didn't tell him about . I wouldn't be required to inform the police if I had a 12 foot boa in the car, but I can see them getting mad at me if I didn't tell them and they went to search my vehicle . . .
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Source

It's sad when we need to praise people with common sense to teach others how to act.
    Nice to read stuff like that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    What have I made up? You claimed we have multiple negative reports and imply that this one positive report shouldn't make the BLM look foolish. I explained to you the reason we have so many negative reports since I assumed if you made the point that we have a lot of negative reports you weren't aware that people generally don't report positive interactions. If my assumption is wrong and you knew that then why did you try to make the point that there are a lot of documented negative interactions? There are probably a lot of reports of police molesting goats, but trying to label the police as goat molesters because you have a fistful of negative reports is pretty silly.

- - - Updated - - -

You probably still should, since the police officer likely crapped his pants when it came up on his display that you might have a gun in the vehicle that you didn't tell him about . I wouldn't be required to inform the police if I had a 12 foot boa in the car, but I can see them getting mad at me if I didn't tell them and they went to search my vehicle . . .
    I was not required to inform him even if I was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I was not required to inform him even if I was armed.
    Be that as it may, you probably still should. It is polite to inform the police about anything that may surprise them, and while I may not care for the police and have always been taught to cooperate with them as little as possible there is no point in not being polite. The sheriff overreacted because he was surprised, that could have been prevented by handing him a copy of your CC permit along with your license and registration. It was not so you had a bad interaction.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need"
    ~Vernon Howard

"The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have"
    ~Yiddish Proverb

10+ Year Old Account
    Be that as it may, you probably still should. It is polite to inform the police about anything that may surprise them, and while I may not care for the police and have always been taught to cooperate with them as little as possible there is no point in not being polite. The sheriff overreacted because he was surprised, that could have been prevented by handing him a copy of your CC permit along with your license and registration. It was not so you had a bad interaction.
    Funny thing, no other cop ever even commented on my having a CCL when I did. If I was armed and they inquired if I was I told them, if they didnt ask they didnt get told. Plus, I never had my CCL on me at that point, it wasnt legally valid anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Almost none of that in reality when looked at objectively has anything to do with race.

- - - Updated - - -
    You might want to re read it. There are several examples of disparity in treatment because of race.

Not only are they wrong, but these events are MORE common than the shootings and it's a part of proof that if you don't act like an ass, you'll more than likely get let off with a warning. But hey let's just like Michael Brown be called "an unarmed victim" when he dives at a cop trying to arrest him for robbery.
    Michael Browns case isn't the best to use because he did exasperate the situation. I'm still of the belief that if officers have body cameras we can know what happened with more certainty.

relieves me of my Glock and compliments the X300U I’m running on it

That's one of those 'only in America' things right there.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Source

It's sad when we need to praise people with common sense to teach others how to act.
    Agreed on both parts. Neither party was aggressive...and that is important. It only takes one side or the other to be aggressive for this to all fall apart...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartumus22 View Post
    Sorry for bothering you, but wth is a Blackman?
    He's a martial artist and former professional wrestler: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blackman

Deleted
    Always comply with military or police officers even if you believe them to be in the wrong. Raise any grievances afterwards with their commanding officers.

That's well and good, but that's not the issue here. The issue is people, mostly unarmed, largely minority populations, being shot when the cop has to deal with someone who isn't playing nice.

Absolutely people should be cooperating and respectful, but it shouldn't be a death sentence if they don't. It's not illegal to be rude. Cops still need to learn to defuse rather than shoot first.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Source

What a shock, when you dont act like a dick and threaten cops you dont get hassled or even shot.

WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY GUESSED THIS.

Sounds like this guy needs to be given a platform on various medias, he can explain that if you just cooperate with the police, instead of trying to insults them or physically assault them, that type of situation will go so much better.

Hey, look at that, people who don't start encounters with the police using an aggressive attitude wind up driving away with a warning. I'm shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Wait what?

You claimed:
    You are assuming the percentage of reported negative incidents are the same as the percentage of reported positive incidents.
    I didn't assume that. I didn't imply that. I didn't hint at that. There is no way for you to accuse me of that based on what i said.

What you did, was literally invent my stance so you could refute it. its a common tactic.

Unarmed black people being shot by the police doesn't have to happen more or the same as incidents between unarmed black people and the cops ending with nothing, for it to be a problem.

Most strangers won't fondle children, that doesn't mean you let your child be around strangers unsupervised nor does it mean that an entity highlighting the problem of children being fondled is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Hey, look at that, people who don't start encounters with the police using an aggressive attitude wind up driving away with a warning. I'm shocked.
    You're allowed to insult a police officer without getting shot. You're allowed to have an attitude with a police officer without getting shot. The police don't have the right to shoot you unless you put them or someone else in harm's way.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You're allowed to insult a police officer without getting shot. You're allowed to have an attitude with a police officer without getting shot. The police don't have the right to shoot you unless you put them or someone else in harm's way.
    Hyperbole! He said "with a warning" and you immediately jump to shooting people. Is there no middle ground in your mind?

What happens when that attitude or insults turn into obstinate compliance? What happens when that obstinate compliance turns into a fight?

People like to place the blame solely on cops when things go south... Why is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.