10+ Year Old Account

XLR mic question

After a recent visit to my parents, I found an XLR mic i had bought back in high school in my garage band days for backup vocals. Its a Peavey PVi2 to be specific. Its in perfect condition (in a pristine all white paint job i should add), and I would would like to put it to use as a possible mic for my PC. I plan on using it as an interview mic in my video production work, but i was wondering if a cheap $50 USD mixer to USB interface would make is an adequate mic for gaming.

I know some the higher end podcasters and streamers use nicer xlr microphones but i was wondering if anyone else here has used a cheaper performace mic in their gaming setup, or if this mic would even work in this kind of rig.

Maybe you can find some usefull info in the thread i made a few days ago, i ended up picking the non usb version of a mixer because i heared some reviews that said usb could potentially give some sort of buzzing in the sound, and a non usb version with 2 3,5mm to rca jack cables was actually cheaper then the usb version

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...new-microphone

Oh right, i bought the Xenyx 502 from behringer, costs about 40$ on amazon.

The sound is really clear, and for a total noob if it comes to this kind of equipment i found it be really simple to hook up to my pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was actually one of the mixers I was looking at getting. I wasn't sure if i should go usb or 3.5mm. Thanks for the input.