Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is Aysa Cloudsinger... colossal bitch?

For those of you who have played the Pandaren starting area, what do you think of Aysa Cloudsinger when it comes to removing the "thorn" from Shen-zin Su's side? Ji Firepaw said they had to use the explosives to blast the airship out of the wound so it could be healed and Aysa didn't want to do it, but didn't have an alternative. Ji's plan worked and the airship was removed, allowing healers to fix the wound... but Aysa guilt tripped Ji in a cinematic ("I hope you can forgive yourself for what you have done to him.") Is she not a significant bitch for doing so?

Shes a dumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    It all adds up beutifully when she cries on Ji's shoulder in Siege of Orgrimmar :')

Deleted
    No. He could've made the wound much worse, possibly kill him.

Of course, that's why she goes to alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly agree with her decision, Shen-zin Su was wounded by the skyseeker, but blowing it up was akin to cutting your hand off to deal with a splinter. They should of just cleared the Skyseeker by hand and healed Shen-zin Su. It worked but it risked every life involved without the time to think about it. That's the difference of the philosophy Ji will take an imperfect solution and act immediately whereas Aysa will take her time and look for a perfect one, no one knows if a better solution could of existed, Ji stopped that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thinking of a solution =/= never had a better option. She would wait a few minutes as they tried to think of a better way. She was completely fair to criticize Ji for acting rash (as the explosives COULD have killed Shen-zin Su) and the fact that his plan caused an immense amount of pain to the giant turtle and may have died from bleeding out if no one (the players) protected the Alliance and Horde healers as they healed the damage.
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    I honestly agree with her decision, Shen-zin Su was wounded by the skyseeker, but blowing it up was akin to cutting your hand off to deal with a splinter. They should of just cleared the Skyseeker by hand and healed Shen-zin Su. It worked but it risked every life involved without the time to think about it. That's the difference of the philosophy Ji will take an imperfect solution and act immediately whereas Aysa will take her time and look for a perfect one, no one knows if a better solution could of existed, Ji stopped that.
    Well, you can't leave out that the turtle was listing into the Maelstrom at that point and time was limited.

Not that that makes Aysa a bitch for being pissed that Ji recklessly enacted the first idea that popped into his head, but time was a factor. The intent was that neither of them was "right" so that following either the Horde or Alliance path seemed legitimate.
    Last edited by Cooper; 2016-02-18 at 07:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She is prime example of "i will criticise your solution, but i won't come with one by myself". Aka dumb bitch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Well, you can't leave out that the turtle was listing into the Maelstrom at that point and time was limited.

Not that that makes Aysa a bit cheaper for being pissed that Ji recklessly enacted the first idea that popped into his head, but time was a factor. The intent was that neither of them was "right" so that following either the Horde or Alliance path seemed legitimate.
    Yeah that was the point, that someone can come to a belief that either is correct. I personally agree with Aysa but someone else could agree with Ji, we only know that Ji's solution works and we don't know Aysa could come up with one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    For those of you who have played the Pandaren starting area, what do you think of Aysa Cloudsinger when it comes to removing the "thorn" from Shen-zin Su's side? Ji Firepaw said they had to use the explosives to blast the airship out of the wound so it could be healed and Aysa didn't want to do it, but didn't have an alternative. Ji's plan worked and the airship was removed, allowing healers to fix the wound... but Aysa guilt tripped Ji in a cinematic ("I hope you can forgive yourself for what you have done to him.") Is she not a significant bitch for doing so?
    Um okay so I sincerely hope whatever surgical procedure you have next involves explosives.

Then maybe you'll grow some common sense.

WE HAVE TO GET THAT APPENDIX OUT NOW, WIRE HIM UP!!!!! THERE'S NO TIME!!!!!
    Last edited by emilylorange; 2016-02-18 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post

Not that that makes Aysa a bit cheaper for being pissed that Ji recklessly enacted the first idea that popped into his head, but time was a factor. The intent was that neither of them was "right" so that following either the Horde or Alliance path seemed legitimate.
    They didn't know if time was a factor because no one ever ran a skyseeker into the side of a giant island sized turtle before. Time might of been an issue, but it was not a definite. Ji argued they didn't have time to wait and find out. For all they knew blowing the ship out could of caused more damage that actually kills the turtle and for all they knew the ship was staunching the flow of blood, remove the boat and the blood flows out faster.

OP: Frankly calling her a collosal bitch merely because she disagrees with the guy you agree with is entirely sexist. If she was a guy you wouldn't be calling her a collosal bitch, you'd call him a jerk at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ji was implusive, I understand it's his beliefs but it was really really reckless for him to use explosives. Yeah the ship caused the wound but explosives would destroy the ship and anything around it and thus the turtle got even more wounded. I think what everyone misses is both Alliance and Horde Healers worked to fix the turtle.

They fought afterwards sure but it shows both factions can do great things if they work together. Being implusive generally makes you fuck up badly.

She's not a bitch though. She's pretty tame of an individual. That one Shado-Pan female might be seen as *bitchy* but not Aysa.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2016-02-18 at 07:44 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    They didn't know if time was a factor because no one ever ran a skyseeker into the side of a giant island sized turtle before. Time might of been an issue, but it was not a definite. Ji argued they didn't have time to wait and find out. For all they knew blowing the ship out could of caused more damage that actually kills the turtle and for all they knew the ship was staunching the flow of blood, remove the boat and the blood flows out faster.

OP: Frankly calling her a collosal bitch merely because she disagrees with the guy you agree with is entirely sexist. If she was a guy you wouldn't be calling her a collosal bitch, you'd call him a jerk at worst.
    Now you're sexist, who says guys can't be bitches too?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirmana View Post
    Now you're sexist, who says guys can't be bitches too?
    well considering when you call a man a 'bitch' it's done specifically to feminize him, -3/10 attempt

It's intentionally set up as a morally ambiguous situation that demonstrates how a difference in ideology can drive people apart. Neither character is objectively right or wrong in this situation, but the player's subjective viewpoint will naturally lead many people to side with one character over the other.
    It's actually one of the most interesting, well-done elements of moral choice in WoW. It's just a shame that the player's decision on which character they side with is influenced far more by whether they want to play Alliance or Horde than it is any kind of empathy with Ji or Aysa.

Deleted
    Ji was an impulsive moron. Aysa was wiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. She had no alternative solution.

My personal opinion: if you want to criticize a proposed solution, then please provide a more viable alternative. If you don't have an alternative, then don't whine about the only available solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post

My personal opinion: if you want to criticize a proposed solution, then please provide a more viable alternative. If you don't have an alternative, then don't whine about the only available solution.
    Aysa wanted time to think it over. Ji was like "NOOOOO, WE MUST DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!". Maybe her idea would have worked if not for Ji to go ahead and do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post

Okay so advice time - if you ever have an object jammed into you or someone near you, the #1 thing you are told is LEAVE IT THERE and call for help because removing it could cause an arterial bleed and kill you.

Since you don't have 20 magic healy people standing by to patch you up, I'd recommend not, you know, makin the wound even bigger by stuffing dynamite in there.