Thread: Alpha Invites.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Just a quick question, but I always thought that alpha game invites were only for people like youtubers or serious gamers like top raiders, etc.. and then the beta was for the normal players like everyday players who don't excell in anything they do...

Just asking as both me and my son have been given alpha invites and we're just classed as normals who just play and don't shine in any way!!
    You just said it yourself: Youtubers and serious gamers. These days alpha and beta aren't used as tools to actually test and refine a product, but as advertising. If game companies happen to find some bugs and such as a side effect, that's all well and good. But 99% of it is to get exposure and maybe a tiny bit of feedback on how something 'feels'.

So I wouldn't read too much into getting an alpha invite.

Can definitely confirm that isn't the case, got my Alpha key today and I havn't actually produced any content for my youtube account or streamed ever. First Alpha or even Beta I've been that wasn't MoP's AP "closed" beta or at the tail end of closed beta when it's nigh untestable because it's too full, though. Gratz on your keys, do try to leave some feedback. Too many beta players play it as a game rather than a alpha/beta product when feedback could influence the end product.

Oh, and I havn't pre-ordered nor am I current an active subscriber.
    Last edited by Matt0193; 2016-02-18 at 11:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i sure hope i get an invite i wanna be prepared.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I did not pre-order, nor do I stream or anything of that nature and I received an alpha invite.
    CPU: Intel i9-14900k | MOBO: ASUS RoG Strix Z790-F
    GPU: ASUS Strix 4070 TI Super | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED DDR5 32GB
    SSD: Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1TBx3 | PSU: Corsair HX 1200i Platinum | CASE: Lian Li 011 EVO
    DISPLAY: Triple 27" Monitors | ASUS Swift ROG PG2780 27" 1440p - 2x BenQ 27" IPS 1440p

Deleted
    The only people I know who have Alpha access are people who are on a WoW break due to IRL commitments, 4/4 of them actually. It's pretty hilarious.

Deleted
    I don't see that it makes sense only to invite people who play at the top end. They need to test the content for people who just dabble as well.

I got an alpha invite awhile ago and I've become a casual hero since cata, raiding no higher than heroic raids. I however did test Cataclysm beta and Mists of Pandaria (everyone did) so I don't know if that combined with my raiding past pre cata made any difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They stopped those invites a few weeks ago. It was just over a month ago that they cut off the mythic Archi kill players getting automatic invites.
    I killed M Archimonde in November and never got shit, but yeah, Every other raider in my guild who had a kill got invited. So something clearly went wrong with their invite system for people to get left out. I actually wrote a ticket to them since I wanted to do some raid testing with my guild and they said it was random which clearly isn't true/ the person answering the ticket was uninformed.
    Last edited by mmocf99ba2f30a; 2016-02-18 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    First wave is Friends and Family Alpha, second wave is media coverage (YouTube, Twitch, blogs, websites, etc.), and after that it is free game. At least for Warlords of Draenor, Blizzard handed out invites to players who stayed subscribed for a certain amount of time.
    I'm one of these players and got in for WoD beta, i also gave a lot of feedback as well as submitting bug reports. I'm yet to get into the Legion Alpha / Beta what ever you want to call it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    They stopped those invites a few weeks ago. It was just over a month ago that they cut off the mythic Archi kill players getting automatic invites.
    Killed him in October and several times after that, no invite.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    To be clear this is not true. For sure a lot of mythic raiders are invited to help test but there are people with the mythic Archimonde kill who do not yet have access to the alpha.
    AFAIK there was a cutoff on this determination. They wanted people to come in, test out their specs, report bugs and major issues, and test the content (dungeons, and when they open the raids), and people who are reasonably competitive are far more likely to do these things than your average person, or to give better feedback about certain aspects. They do invite non-raiders though because there's plenty of stuff we won't really test.

So it's not strictly true that everyone who kills Archimonde gets an invite, but I don't know of any cases where someone who killed it US top 50 didn't get an invite, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    AFAIK there was a cutoff on this determination. They wanted people to come in, test out their specs, report bugs and major issues, and test the content (dungeons, and when they open the raids), and people who are reasonably competitive are far more likely to do these things than your average person, or to give better feedback about certain aspects. They do invite non-raiders though because there's plenty of stuff we won't really test.

So it's not strictly true that everyone who kills Archimonde gets an invite, but I don't know of any cases where someone who killed it US top 50 didn't get an invite, for example.
    Fully agree with what you said above. I was simply pointing out that it wasn't universally true that everyone who had killed mythic Archimonde at that point has gotten into the alpha.

I am an average run of the mill player and I am in alpha. There's hope.

Just a quick question, but I always thought that alpha game invites were only for people like youtubers or serious gamers like top raiders, etc.. and then the beta was for the normal players like everyday players who don't excell in anything they do...

Just asking as both me and my son have been given alpha invites and we're just classed as normals who just play and don't shine in any way!!
    I am not a streamer, a famous personality in the gaming world, gaming press, not friends or family with anyone who has ever worked for Blizzard or the gaming industry, nor was I 13/13 mythic when the first rounds of invites went out and I got one. Although, I have been part of testing WoW since closed Beta for Vanilla and I leave tons of feedback for them to use. I have been invited to every game and expansion alpha or early closed beta from Blizzard with OW being the only exception. Blizzard does not have any clear definition, standards, or guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    I'm a beginner Youtuber, e-mailed Blizzard directly about my channel, what I do, etc, gave 2 GM tickets about this matter also, and killed Mythic Archimonde and 11 year old account. Guess what? No Alpha
    So you're begging for Alpha to GMs? Cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    So you're begging for Alpha to GMs? Cool.
    There's no harm in asking and trying.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    There's no harm in asking and trying.
    Put it this way;
    1. You're wasting GM's time with those tickets. They're here to help the community with problems and what you ticketed about isn't a problem.
    2. The Mythic Archimonde invites were a one time thing and done in January. Doesn't matter if you killed him after, you missed your chance. If you killed him before then meh, some didn't.
    3. Age of account means sod all.
    4. Beginner Youtuber isn't going to really change much either :P

Alpha's are being given every day it seems so just be patient, I mean you're not exactly missing much anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjai View Post
    Put it this way;
    1. You're wasting GM's time with those tickets. They're here to help the community with problems and what you ticketed about isn't a problem.
    2. The Mythic Archimonde invites were a one time thing and done in January. Doesn't matter if you killed him after, you missed your chance. If you killed him before then meh, some didn't.
    3. Age of account means sod all.
    4. Beginner Youtuber isn't going to really change much either :P

Alpha's are being given every day it seems so just be patient, I mean you're not exactly missing much anyway.
    Yeah well, you're right about wasting the GMs time, but I thought to try my luck :P I'll just patiently wait, and hope for the best.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Don't even have an invite myself yet ^^ Not to fussed though will get a beta key if it goes into beta from someone im sure.

Deleted

Not a streamer/ youtuber, not a mythic raider (actually not a raider at all in the last years) and i got in weeks ago.

Though I have a very old account, no penalties or anything and was invited to all betas since Wotlk (actually not sure about BC, but I don't think so - but that beta was quite closed off if I remember correctly). Could be luck, who knows.