Page 1 of 3
LastLast

So depressed, need an Anime to save me...

going through a rough spot in life, and really need a good, intelligent, deep, fun, loving Anime to help pass the spare time in between work and the gym... please recommend anything and describe what it's about and the genre and the kind of feels it gives... thank you....

Definitely watch Dennou Coil. Might be a little tricky to find on trackers but worth it.

Deleted
    The only fun Animes i saw were Great Teacher Onizuka and Gokusen.
    It's basically the same story, a teacher with a criminal history trying to teach kids.

My all time favorites but not particularly fun are:
    -Soul Eater
    -Attack on Titan
    -One Punch Man
    -Sword Art Online I & II
    -Kill la Kill
    -Parasyte / Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu

Also if you are into Japanese live series you can watch this legendary ones (love them all)
    -Stand Up!!
    -IWGP (Ikebukuro West Gate Park)
    -Nobuta wo produce
    -My boss my hero
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-02-18 at 11:17 PM.

Madoka
    Fate/Zero then Fate/Stay Night

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    going through a rough spot in life, and really need a good, intelligent, deep, fun, loving Anime to help pass the spare time in between work and the gym... please recommend anything and describe what it's about and the genre and the kind of feels it gives... thank you....

From what I can hear you need something you can dwelve into and escape reality once in a while, if you want to do that you need a LONG anime, and I mean long, deep, interesting, action and emotionally packed. The best answer for this, in my opinion, is One Piece. Even if you have watched this before, I assure you rewatching it will only make you love it more.

The series has an incredible story, lovely characters and fast paced action. It will make you cry and it will make you laugh equally hard.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Madoka
    Fate/Zero then Fate/Stay Night
    I don't think Madoka's a particularly good way to counter depression

I'll second Jakisuaki's suggestion, One Piece might be a good idea.

JoJo.
    It'll also by gymspiration

You could give Barakamon a try.

Some calligraphy prodigy gets "banished" to some small island, and gets to enjoy a pretty peaceful live there, while being permanently entertained by the local kids.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2016-02-19 at 12:31 AM.

If you haven't watched Gurren Lagann, watch Gurren Lagann. Had some depressive friends who said it helped immensely. I haven't personally watched it myself, but there you go. Can't really describe it well, other than...exaggerated.

Kill La Kill (same people as Gurren Lagann, also exaggerated...a lot...Hallelujah) and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (also exaggerated) are good choices too, and those I can personally vouch for.

All 3 of those are just...shit happens, and it's hilarious fun, and taken to extremes.

Ouran Highschool Host Club is also something, if you want something more light. I usually don't like this kind of thing (slice of life-y things, meh), but I did like this one. And it's fairly short, like 24 eps. It's basically a female student in a very rich school, she causes an accident, and has to pay off her debt by working for a host club, as she can pass for a dude.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2016-02-19 at 12:38 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kanon 2006, one of my favourite animes.

Description says:
    "Yuichi Aizawa returns to this city after seven years. In his childhood, he often visited it, but something happend in the past which caused him to block out his memories of the events of seven years ago. On the day after he gets settled in, he meets a girl carrying a backpack with wings on it. Her name is Tsukimiya Ayu and he begins to recall the memories he had lost."

I cant really describe it, I just love it. So much feels, I cri evrytiem, both happy and sad <3

Genres : Drama, Romance, Slice of Life, Supernatural

Id also say it has some comedy in it. Its not dead or serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter x Hunter If you want a fun and well written action/adventure series.

Gin no Saji if you want a feel good slice of life series that isn't just cute girls doing cute things. I also highly recommend the previously mentioned Barakamon for something like this as well.

Seitokai Yakuindomo If you want a hilarious (and pretty dirty) comedy.

Mushishi

It's something rarely mentioned, but really a good quality anime in it's own right. Interesting and overall light-hearted, I loved it as a distraction that really takes you to another world and trying to understand how it operates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baccano!
    Psycho Pass
    Durarara!!!!!
    Trigun
    Gintama
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Blue Submarine no 6.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    When i feel like that OP, I set the genre to slice of life/harem, because then you've got 75% of what you're asking for out of the gate.
    Well...except the serious and deep part.
    To cover all those bases I'd suggest anything studio ghibli, maybe give My neighbor Totoro or Porco Rosso a go first off.
    They are movies though, not episodic.
    The good news is, one of the founders is coming out of retirement Though now that disney bought it, I'm not sure if he's to be involved or starting anew, either way, awesome
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post
    From what I can hear you need something you can dwelve into and escape reality once in a while, if you want to do that you need a LONG anime, and I mean long, deep, interesting, action and emotionally packed. The best answer for this, in my opinion, is One Piece. Even if you have watched this before, I assure you rewatching it will only make you love it more.

The series has an incredible story, lovely characters and fast paced action. It will make you cry and it will make you laugh equally hard.
    This, One piece got me through some rough shit...

I recommend going to either rawranime or kissanime to watch good quality anime for free, I would recommend a lot of the stuff people already have.Hunter x Hunter is probably one of my favorites watch the 2011 version, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood however it's a fairly emotional anime. If you want something a little less serious Fairy Tail is a fun anime starts off great then gets okay and gets really good in the latest episodes. There are so many good anime I'll list off a couple more that people haven't yet. Noragami, and the second season Noragami Aragoto it's about a god who is trying to become more popular it's a very feel good anime for me, it was entertaining. A couple anime with action that I enjoyed, God eater, Seraph of the end and Tokyo ghoul, and there is always one piece of course. Last but not least, anime for your current mood / what you asked for, Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist trust me it's great, Prison School, and two similar anime one about a candy shop owner Dagashi Kashi, and I saved the best for last you MUST watch it if you haven't Food wars!!!

One Piece. If anything, its length will keep you alive for a while.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Cowboy bebop... no depressive episodes or anything
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

Quote Originally Posted by Jakisuaki View Post

thank you very much, i have always wanted to start One Piece, and now seems better a time then ever.