92. This poll is closed
  • Yes

20 21.74%
  • No

72 78.26%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I'd take a "fucking clusterfuck" like Vanilla over the insipidly tedious, overwhelmingly predictable bullshit we currently have. Every single time. I definitely did prefer TBC, however.
    So, you want what we have now, but without the quality of life changes that have been made over eight years? Got it. Because, news flash, vanilla was the same predictable bullshit we have now.

Pretty sure the OP got told not to make this topic again by a mod about a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    bro go play on a vanilla server and you will realize why the game is much better now. Stop with the nostalgia. slash thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroxo View Post
    100% because when/if Blizzard ever lose their income stream from subscriptions they will definitely invest a lot of time/effort and money into a server which at most 1-5% of their player base will adopt and have no possible chance at Expansion avenues for money, they'll be able to rake in all of the non-existent sub money that is now F2P and have zero ability to monetize any part of the tiny Vanilla WoW server.

LOGIC!
    Aren't people still playing Diablo 2, Starcraft 1 and Warcraft 3 online?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Are you really comparing those to WoW?

Yes.

I haven't played Diablo 2 since...yesterday!

I haven't played WoW since....a year ago?

Diablo 2 has good leveling. Smash monsters with all kinds of classes. D2 gets more and more fun as you learn all the builds and the tips and tricks.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I don't see what your point with, the post was in regards to saying that Blizzard would bring back Vanilla servers when it went F2P...which makes 0 logical sense whatsoever.

There's already one out. c: Peaking at about 13k during prime time, and about 10k during off hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Why has blizzard not clued in that a vanilla WoW server would get them a load of subs back. Do they not want money? I guess we go to private servers then, and save our money. Seems insane if you ask me.
    Probably because the folks Blizzard did what any reasonable person with IQ higher than a single digit would do, and ran the numbers to see if it's economically viable and profitable to create vanilla servers, and very likely came up with the result that vanilla realms re not economically viable and the subs it may bring back would not off-set the extra costs needed to implement and maintain those servers and the customer service for said servers.

Blizzard is not a non-profit charity. It's a business. It needs profits. If we don't have vanilla servers yet, it can only mean that they are not economically viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Most of the time people will say no but I get a feeling that a lot of people are starting to agree with me that vanilla was a superior game to the mess that we have now, isn't it time that blizzard decided to release classic servers, with slowly incriminating patches, starting from release, then world bosses kazzak and azuregos then dire maul release, then the 7 hour long Av's Then BWL, then ZG then AQ then Naxx, this would keep people occupied while waiting for a patch or expansion to release and bring back hype to world of warcraft, it would allow guilds to start, communities to thrive, economies to start booming.

I mean no one wants to sub to a disaster of an expansion that is WoD, it is also destroying sub numbers.

They only need 5 or 6 servers but on pvp realms then should set a cap on each faction, especially a pvp server to make world pvp balanced, say 5k players on each faction maximum per server.

Why has blizzard not clued in that a vanilla WoW server would get them a load of subs back. Do they not want money? I guess we go to private servers then, and save our money. Seems insane if you ask me.
    No, no one agrees with you. Please kill yourself and save us from your inane threads.

I'll eat this infraction; the MMO-Champ community is fucking stupid.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Probably because the folks Blizzard did what any reasonable person with IQ higher than a single digit would do, and ran the numbers to see if it's economically viable and profitable to create vanilla servers, and very likely came up with the result that vanilla realms re not economically viable and the subs it may bring back would not off-set the extra costs needed to implement and maintain those servers and the customer service for said servers.

Blizzard is not a non-profit charity. It's a business. It needs profits. If we don't have vanilla servers yet, it can only mean that they are not economically viable.
    How dare you bring perfect logic into this thread.. Gawssshhh

Seriously though, I don't understand how every Vanilla rose tinted glasses fanboy can't see this..

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why people keep rising this idea. It's one of the most stupid ideas of the whole mess of stupid ideas that WoW community always rises.
    It's almost absurd the level of stupidity on it.
    People complain that the game now is not good enough because there's no content and YET people want to go back to the time when limited content was all that they had. Is like wanting to live in a box forever.
    You'll do MC a few times, AQ, NAXX and get bored in a month.
    People get so trapped into the nostalgia that they forget that whenever we were having fun in Vanilla and BC, at some point we started to look forward for more content and be happy because we knew it was coming.
    Just move along, people. That's how life goes, always forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaahhh I haven't seen The Wall of No since I spent time on the WoW forums instead of MMOC. Memories!
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I swear one of these threads get made once every 2 weeks, then it's like the people who make them don't know the previous thread existed OR that there was ANOTHER recent Blizzard reply to this question not too long ago.
    Pretty sure they do know all that, but think that if they cause enough fuss they might change people's minds and have Blizzard cave in.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Blizzard is a money grubbing company that wouldn't make vanilla servers in spite of the supposed mountains of cash some claim they stand to make. Seems Legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the love of...

Mods, can we PLEASE make "vanilla servers" a forbidden topic? Pick the biggest thread, sticky it if you must, and prune any new threads emerging on the topic.

I'm begging you.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Hell no. Fuck no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Aaahhh I haven't seen The Wall of No since I spent time on the WoW forums instead of MMOC. Memories!
    You're welcome
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    For the love of...

Mods, can we PLEASE make "vanilla servers" a forbidden topic? Pick the biggest thread, sticky it if you must, and prune any new threads emerging on the topic.

I'm begging you.
    I wish you could upvote posts. Vanilla should be considered the same as discussing religion.