Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Why don't you list your specs it might not be as bad as you think it is.

If you can play WoD then you will be able to play Legion. Just set all setting on as low as you can run. I have played many games with meeting system requirement before.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Just a suggestion - cancel wow and save up the money, to build / buy a new PC for Legion. I know it might suck, but what I understand is that you really really want to play Legion - and if you are low on money you need to make a sacrifice to be able to play Legion.
    But I wonder if the minimum req are for raiding, or just to quest ?
    Minimums are for everything in game for every game. While you may have very poor performances in raid settings, you could still play it. My daughters PC right nopw is at the minimum for WoW, with on board GPU that hits the minimum and she can raid LFR on low settings.

If upgrading is any option at all, financially, I'd say it's time. If even WoW doesn't run on your machine any more, that really tells you that you should be moving on into the current hardware generation.

Deleted
    that's why one doesn't preorder shit. lesson learned... I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Upgrade your potato
    if you started now you might end up a little short by release but if you started to stash $25/week (200 a month or more) from now till legion launch, you would have enough for a pretty decent system assuming it launches closer to the sept date rather than movie date, say end of august. even if that means working an extra 2.5 hrs a week at mcdonalds, if you want it bad enough, you can save it and have a sweet new system come legion.

if you say you cant that means either you are lazy or have no self control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly overall, laptops are a poor choice for gaming. They tend to have a relatively long life (mine typically last for 5-7 years), but the specs don't keep up with gaming application requirements for more than the first year or two. And most laptops can't be component upgraded much if at all.

I keep a middling laptop (the one I currently have is a 7 year old Mac Pro) for writing and general productivity, web surfing, etc.

I keep a home-built desktop rig for gaming. Every year 1-2 of the components gets replaced. Last year I upgraded the hard drives. This year I'm upgrading the video cards. By spending 200-300 per year on average, I keep the thing in pretty much tip-top gaming health.

Start with a good case, and go from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    While I do empathize with your problem, a couple of thoughts:

- Don't pre-order. There was no real reason to.

- The system requirements are not that bad. The video card minimum is from 6 years ago. In the future, don't buy a bargain basement laptop.

Deleted
    Laptops Are never a Good choice for gaming :| really hard to keep it "up to date" .. But, if ppl don't know how to change hardware, a lap can be just as useful

Eat ramen noodles for a couple months and save up IMO. I get the financial stuff, but if you are really worried, stop playing WoW for now and you can start saving at least. Put away a few bucks a week and you can eventually upgrade it.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    They did not say that. They in fact said that the requirements are higher.
    They did to say it actually.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    To add some additional input for those concerned — if you can play Warlords of Draenor now, you should be able to play Legion.
    Source

I am concerned myself, though. My brother runs the game on low settings as it is due to his CPU being a Core 2 Duo E6800 (if I remember right). He has a hell of a time in HFC as it is. While I intended to upgrade his computer already, I may have to upgrade it sooner than I thought or we're not playing Legion for 2 or so months. Considering I wasn't intending on buying Legion out of the gate anyway, having to upgrade his computer gives us an excuse to wait and see what people really think of Legion.

As for those saying to buy a new computer, yay for reading comprehension. OP said he didn't have the money to upgrade. So where is he going to get the money to upgrade? Money doesn't grow on trees and you can't pull it out of your ass. Personally, I intend to squirrel away what I can each month and see what I can buy during Black Friday/Cyber Monday in November. Hoping to get a good deal on parts and get myself a new computer along with my brother.

Guess this is a lesson to the impatient, though. Don't preorder until the system requirements are out.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanchollie View Post
    Okay, so a little background. I've played WoW casually on my Laptop with no issue for almost 2 years. When Legion was first announced, I waited to pre-order it, and I did as soon as it became available. However, with the Legion System Requirements being released, it turns out my Laptop can't run it. So I'm apparently stuck with a game I paid for but can't use. Is anyone else in this situation? Does anyone know if Blizzard has a return policy regarding this of some sort(I highly doubt they do).

Note: Please no responses like "Upgrade your system" or "Get a new PC". My current financial situation doesn't allow for this. Barely allows for me to pay for WoW itself.
    As many others have said, I'd refund your preorder for now. Wait till the systems prepatch and see how well things run then; it'll give you an idea of how the game will feel.
    You also said you play wow casually. My gf's pc ran WoD okay under normal load but would tank in stuff like LFR or even as low as 15 man raids. You said that you had no issues running WoD for two years, so there's a good chance you'll be fine. Gauge your playstyle and that'll give you a better idea on if Legion will run well, or at all.

Deleted
    Im playing WoD and Legion-alpha on hardware from 2008. Raid testing was fine. Open world is fine with when view distance is low. I think you shouldn't worry.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-02-19 at 08:28 PM.

If your computer can't run the minimum Legion settings on low, your computer is NOT only 2 years old. It's a fucking toaster, and I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it, but seriously upgrade that shit. If you can't afford it, then you can't afford to play Legion.

Let this be a lesson to you that you never pre-order or purchase software when you're not certain of their system requirements. Blizzard will refund your pre-order if you can't manage to upgrade before Legion, however.

I get people are poor. But if you're THAT poor to the point where your laptop can't handle the Legion system requirements on low, and you can "barely afford the monthly fee," then it's just not a game you need to be playing in your life right now. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to close this for multiple reasons:

1. Blizzard has clarified their post about hardware requirements.
    2. People keep responding that may not have seen that.
    3. People keep responding insulting the OP's hardware which is pointless.

Since this showed up originally in a site news post further discussion can be had there if you wish.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."