Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DysprosiumDy View Post
    In the end I think we can agree to disagree on most of this. I agree that Blizzard should balance some of the more problematic cards, but I respect their choice to be strict and instead just say: "It's our goal not to balance cards unless absolutely necessary." Different companies, different philosophies. And hey... HS is at 40 million accounts? They're doing something right!
    Their "choice" is basically this - "balancing is too hard and it's unclear how good is good enough so we won't be spending much time on that". That's OK with me. But it's important to understand what that "choice" is. It's not "we are watching it and the balance is fine". It's what I said - "nobody knows how good is good enough so we won't bother".

If your position is that card games are inherently imbalanced like that and that no card game with hundreds of cards can be balanced better than HS, then I don't think this is the case at all, but perhaps you'd better run that idea by veterans of other card games who also play HS, because I am not feeling qualified on that front (the reasons I think you are wrong are different).

I've been checking out other card games for quite some time now and see that it can be balanced. I really only take what Dyspro is saying as a grain of salt because of his laziness responses that it can't be done. It can be done. You are the exact reason why it's not being done. Like I said about RTS's, The community did it. Not the designers. I'm not going to sit here and say this game will ever be balanced. It won't. That's not the direction they chose to go with this game. It's RNG/Luck fest. Games can be balanced. Especially CCG's. It just takes someone with some diligence which obviously Blizzard and you lack. To repeat myself, I never came here expecting this game to be balanced, It never will be. Do I think it will have the longevity of Magic? Oh heck no.

Sorry If I am all over the place but I keep reading what you wrote me about have you ever balanced a game of HS's proportion? You do realize RTS's aren't just based around adding units. Each faction has tons of units that constantly need tweaking. Then of course some become overpowered and need tweaked again. It takes out the staleness of this game. Despite what anyone says, Tier 1 decks have always consisted of 3-4 decks at most. It's ridiculous considering the amount of cards that are in this game.

I mean, You say your a designer and it's not feasible yet I watched a RTS, probably 100x more complicated then this game become balanced by the players. The designers couldn't do it. So I guess what I'm saying is I understand your point of view as a designer. If you have time, Check out the BFME2/Rotwk projects from years past and the amount of patches that were introduced. Telling me guys working for free on a patch can do better then a guy who is getting paid? I stand by what I said about Blizzard games lately, They are absolutely terrible. Hots is horrible. Overwatch? LOL. HS....is the equivalent of candy crush. Last few WoW expansions? Titan canceled. Pure laziness.
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2016-02-24 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    I've been checking out other card games for quite some time now and see that it can be balanced.
    Could you tell me which other card games you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Oh god... you can't mean that. Please tell me it isn't true. I'm so sorry, I don't know how I'm ever going to go on with this dishonour hanging over my head like a cloud
    It's laughable that you didn't even comment on the fact that you completely misread what I said and jumped to conclusions.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    It's laughable that you didn't even comment on the fact that you completely misread what I said and jumped to conclusions.
    Wow, you're persistent in wanting to keep this going

I'm flattered, but I already have a boyfriend
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Wow, you're persistent in wanting to keep this going

I'm flattered, but I already have a boyfriend
    You've made your point eloquently before. I don't think you'll gain much from continuing the conversation.

So with two expacs a year+an adventure would it go like this?

Expac: April
    4 months later
    Adventure: August
    4 months later
    Expac: December
    4 months later
    And so forth

Something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    So with two expacs a year+an adventure would it go like this?

4 months later
    Adventure: August
    4 months later
    Expac: December
    4 months later
    And so forth

Something like that?
    Yeah, it would appear that is the route they are going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good a special announcement about a special announcement.

I'm sure they'll preview some cards! Get the general theme going whether its tribes or a new mechanic like "inspire" or maybe both.