Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New study shows Paleo Diet is unhealthy and fattening

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-devotees.html

Actual study:
    http://www.nature.com/nutd/journal/v...utd20162a.html

I'm sorry but no carbs and high fat diets make zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Online science journals with .com Web addresses aren't the most reputable sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Silly vegetarians! They are going to kill all the animals because they are eating their food! Jokes aside, they're still dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Online science journals with .com Web addresses aren't the most reputable sources.
    Not worth a response since you didnt even read the study.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Deleted
    Personally, I think the Duke Nukem diet is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    It's fucking Nature. It is basically THE scientific journal.
    Last edited by Masark; 2016-02-19 at 06:00 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

i know its a crazy thought but maybe just eat a balanced diet thats low in sugar, with 1/4 being protiens and the rest fruits, vegtables and grains thats around your daily caloric needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Not worth a response since you didnt even read the study.
    > Not worth the response
    > responds

10+ Year Old Account
    * In mice...
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    i know its a crazy thought but maybe just eat a balanced diet thats low in sugar, with 1/4 being protiens and the rest fruits, vegtables and grains thats around your daily caloric needs.
    For most people in 1st world countries we get enough nutrients that you don't even really have to think of a "balanced diet" and just need to watch calories if you want to maintain/loose weight.

I mean, it's not a bad idea to vary your diet (your GI will thank you) but for the purpose of the thread (loosing weight) it's pretty moot as long as you just get some protein (anything else can be replaced by a vitamin)

People that are on the paleo diet mistakenly think that eating like a caveman will make you look like one. They forget the high levels of exercise the caveman got.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    * In mice...
    "X diet is bad" based on one of the most versatile eaters on the planet. Not significant at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    People that are on the paleo diet mistakenly think that eating like a caveman will make you look like one. They forget the high levels of exercise the caveman got.
    They also forget their average life span and various diseases they had, evident from their bones.

Its a fad diet and one thats often lazily applied. Exercise, eating healthy foods and Calories in/calories out is the tried and true method.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armbre View Post
    You're insane, only ridiculous all-or-nothing diets work! Common sense doesn't exist! Hah!

Yeah paleo is kinda faulty, eating those carbs. Zero carb is the way to go, pure carnivore replacing the carbs with fatty meat and restricting yourself to that and water. Trying to do that hunter/gatherer shit is halfassing it, pure hunter mode with good to high intensity exercise is the way.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Paleo the same as Keto? I tried keto and didn't like it but my friend was on it for 7 months and his results were absurd.

Deleted
    No shit.

Cavemen didn't afford to eat healthy; they had to eat whatever they came across to avoid starving to death.

Deleted
    Do the mice go in Ketosis? They don't really mention that at all, which is relevant to their study. I don't know if they can or not or have. As mice aren't humans even though their genetic upmake is similar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Is Paleo the same as Keto? I tried keto and didn't like it but my friend was on it for 7 months and his results were absurd.
    I think its like a lighter version of Keto. I tried Keto too for a while and it did actually work but in the end I just couldn't bother with such a strict diet for a longer period.