Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    a lot of people are seeing this as "omg! pokemon in the real world!" while in reality it's not. It's just an app.
    They showed a very teensy little bit of actual gameplay at the end of the original announcement trailer I think and many people didn't seemed to like what they saw. Then again that was some time ago and I haven't looked into it at all after that.
    Still, I feel like people are putting their expectations way too high.
    I think the game is aiming for immersion. Obviously, they can't promise pokemon in the real world. But they can make certain areas near where you live feel more important to you. That pond near your house? That isn't just a pond, that is home to the weird guy with 6 magikarps.

The forest with a path going through? Maybe there's someone having fun with a themed team of bug and grass pokemon!

But also, you will hear on the news how some kid went to the local power plant and died by some tragic accident trying to get Zapdos.

It seems interesting but I'll probably be too lazy to go out of my way to catch pokemon. I'll probably just see whats near my house, work, the grocery store, gym etc.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    It seems interesting but I'll probably be too lazy to go out of my way to catch pokemon. I'll probably just see whats near my house, work, the grocery store, gym etc.
    Pff, you can't be lazy, I'm lazy!

Seriously though, I think a lot of people will do the same thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to open up a gym and have badges to give to those who beat me. Since Blastoise is my favorite pokemon, it's going to have to a water gym... and since I live in Arizona, it's gonna be tough to build up that team...

I'm just hoping the game is as good as it looks like it's going to be.

Also hoping it's only 1-150.

I'm almost certain that there will only be the first 150 to start, though I'm hoping they have more eventually. The gym idea sounds like a lot of fun!

Other ideas I want to do is put on my team rocket clothes and go catch me a team of zubats and ratata.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Shrug- I have a Windows phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    -Shrug- I have a Windows phone.
    R.I.P.

/10char.