Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    and the police say they aren't racists.... lol

just wait till ANYTHING happens and the police department accountable gets sued.

good luck, racists.

Nothing about this proves that they're racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post

At this point, "racist" is little more than a sneer word. It has all the substance of calling someone a shithead.

15+ Year Old Account

Not to mention that systemic racism and actually being a racist are two different things.

They aren't. But there statement is going to be played like that now.

If they just kept quiet, they could have simply avoided doing volunteer work for her where applicable.

Deleted
    and the police say they aren't racists.... lol

just wait till ANYTHING happens and the police department accountable gets sued.

Whats the defense? " well, we would have protected the people, but beyoncee was mean to us.
    good luck, racists.

god, racists are fucking powerless in this country now and I AM FUCKING LOVING IT
    Emotions are not a basis for a good argument. Can we keep the childish attitude somewhere else?

Shes asking for volunteers. Its well within the rights of LEOs to not volunteer. As for this artist..well public back lash for a song that seems to glorify a know hate group that promotes violence towards LEOs...yeah..who would have thought..
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Djlampshade View Post
    Emotions are not a basis for a good argument. Can we keep the childish attitude somewhere else?
    sorry, what emotion did you think the police union was using when calling to boycott PROTECTING CITIZENS at a black performers event?(which, you know is actually their job). Logic? lol
    no, lol... you tell me what category that falls in: racism, "being emotional", or X (you can fill in that one, guy)

hope not srs. lol
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

sorry, what emotion did you think the police union was using when calling to boycott PROTECTING CITIZENS at a black performers event?(which, you know is actually their job). Logic? lol
    no, lol... you tell me what category that falls in: racism, "being emotional", or X (you can fill in that one, guy)

hope not srs. lol
    You seem misinformed. The LEOs are under no obligation to volunteer to act as a FREE protection service. Unless you think LEOs are slaves to any artist....which seems kinda racist.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

hope not srs. lol
    Security at concerts is not their job. I too would not support someone who would glorify a racist group like the black panthers. It speaks volumes about either her grasp of history or her racist views.

Denying protection for political reasons or personal opinions.

Real classy, police union.
    Usually the cops work PRIVATE security (watch doors check ID's etc)at events like this, hired by the event host etc. on that officers OWN time
    9a side job), If there was a riot , cops would still show up,the on duty in uniform types....it isn't denying services or protection (cops are not in existence to protect you..by the way) to anyone, it is simply asking other cops not to work for the event sites hosting Beyonce for the "extra money" on their own time.

The event host would hire a security firm to provide guards for the event in place of the officers.

The advantage to hiring officers is they are already vetted, in theory, can handle a concert level of intense drunken emotions causing issues and are good with procedures if something big went down they are eyes and ears on scene relaying a coordinating emergency services as needed.
    Last edited by enragedgorilla; 2016-02-20 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You seem misinformed. The LEOs are under no obligation to volunteer to act as a FREE protection service. Unless you think LEOs are slaves to any artist....which seems kinda racist.
    Police can be any race so I wouldn't say its racist, just ignorance.

no, YOU seem to be misinformed in thinking that police that "volunteer" their time as law enforcement are not compensated.

please, stop playing dumb.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    At this point, "racist" is little more than a sneer word. It has all the substance of calling someone a shithead.
    Liberals have pretty much made the word "racist" and "racism" have zero meaning.

I'm wondering if the SJW's here also think the black police officers in Miami are "racist" now too?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Security at concerts is not their job. I too would not support someone who would glorify a racist group like the black panthers. It speaks volumes about either her grasp of history or her racist views.
    EDIT: this is in the CNN article
    "Mullins said the boycott, which he supports, would involve officers refusing to work paid off-duty security for the event, not refusing to perform regular law enforcement duties." so while i was wrong on FREE...they would be paid this is still not them denying to do their duty.

- - - Updated - - -

no, YOU seem to be misinformed in thinking that police that "volunteer" their time as law enforcement are not compensated.

please, stop playing dumb.
    You are being foolish, read the article it says nothing of them not performing their lawful duty.

EDIT: this is in the CNN article
    "Mullins said the boycott, which he supports, would involve officers refusing to work paid off-duty security for the event, not refusing to perform regular law enforcement duties." so while i was wrong on FREE...they would be paid this is still not them denying to do their duty.
    Yeah, I misunderstood this on the first page. I thought they were talking about boycotting the sort of normal increased presence that you'd have in an area with dense traffic.

hope not srs. lol
    Are you related to Wells?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I misunderstood this on the first page. I thought they were talking about boycotting the sort of normal increased presence that you'd have in an area with dense traffic.
    yeah i missed the part of them being financially compensated for their time >.< but this is not a denial to perform police duties, just to be her personal security.

- - - Updated - - -

You are being foolish, read the article it says nothing of them not performing their lawful duty.

see, now you're changing your story. clear showcase of a winning argument, and a clear showing of your resolute defense of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Are you related to Wells?
    did you have a question other than asking me if I'm related to someone im vaguely aware of that also posts in general chat?

yeah i missed the part of them being financially compensated for their time >.< but this is not a denial to perform police duties, just to be her personal security.
    Right. They're obviously under no obligation to go sign up to do side work for an entertainer. Given the current environment, I don't really blame any of them that pass on supporting someone who promotes symbolism used by violent gangs.

see, now you're changing your story. clear showcase of a winning argument.
    Not really, i corrected my mistake, instead of double downing on falsehoods as you have done twice in this thread. You still claiming the LEOs are racists? keep the stupid flowing.