Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    That mistweaver artifact staff looks awesome though, too bad I don't play that spec

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    This is warcraft, not minecraft.
    I tend to agree. The garrison was the right level of customization in terms of function. I think placing individual chairs or decorations like DCUO's player housing is a bit much - and being this garrison was not meant to follow you long-term it was not the right place for that level of customization. After all, this is a Military Garrison, not your home.

I do feel the Art was part of the problem - forcing people to use just Human or Orc looks hurt it a bit. I think it might have been nicer if, at least going forward in the expac we were given other "skins" for our garrison. Want it to look Pandaren? Night elf? Troll? Aces, you can do that. Maybe you help a Pandaren brewmaster seeking some rare ingredients for his beer, and in exchange, his companion, an architect, helps you. Maybe the Kirin Tor's portal gets shifted to Darnassus, and you help Furion hold off a giant Plant invasion there and he gifts the plans to you. That level of customization would have made it feel more personal. I could understand launching with just the human art, but we should have had at least two minor patches with two racial arts each. Now, if I were doing it, all your buildings would have the same theme - all Troll, all Orc, all Pandaren, ect. I don't think mix-and-match works here (and I personally hate how the Horde Enchanting hut looks Troll, it looks out of place).

The garrison's biggest problem in terms of function was it gave you little reason to leave it. Not that it provided too much function, but that the functions it served were only available there (or in Stormshield, a tiny out of the way island). I couldn't do missions anywhere, I had to be in my garrison. I couldn't salvage anywhere but my garrison. I couldn't gather my mining/herb garden anywhere but my garrison. Most of that should have been automated or available via menu like how missions are in STO.

The bottom line for my experience is that unless you're very dedicated to resource gathering the garrison doesn't provide engaging enough play to keep you around for the long lulls between content. I am hopeful the changes in Legion in the follower system will get people more engaged in the world, and make the work you do feel more special.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    This is warcraft, not minecraft.
    Point? Yeah this is WOW "the greatest ever MMO that's ever been, is, and ever will be"..... Yet there are a few free to play MMOs out there that just kick WOW's butt in the player housing department. Its not just a little bit here and a little bit there ass kicking. Its the 5 year old trying to fight Mike Tyson butt kicking.

One of the issues with WOW and its a glaring one. Is that they make content. Then *poof* its forgotten and left. Garrisons and the Pandaria farm are a good examples. Here we have two items that took how much time to develop? Then poof all that work is forgotten next expansion.

Why didn't they improve, expand, and keep fleshing out either?

Why wouldn't you want the section of the player base that wants player housing to be happy have it as much as the raiders base? Its a win for both. As both keep paying their subs and keep the game alive...

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Point? Yeah this is WOW "the greatest ever MMO that's ever been, is, and ever will be"..... Yet there are a few free to play MMOs out there that just kick WOW's butt in the player housing department. Its not just a little bit here and a little bit there ass kicking. Its the 5 year old trying to fight Mike Tyson butt kicking.

One of the issues with WOW and its a glaring one. Is that they make content. Then *poof* its forgotten and left. Garrisons and the Pandaria farm are a good examples. Here we have two items that took how much time to develop? Then poof all that work is forgotten next expansion.

Why didn't they improve, expand, and keep fleshing out either?

Why wouldn't you want the section of the player base that wants player housing to be happy have it as much as the raiders base? Its a win for both. As both keep paying their subs and keep the game alive...
    Well yes, that's the idea. They weren't meant to follow you. And they did flesh out the Pandaria farm in the Mine and Herb Garden in the garrison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plehnard View Post
    I wonder if there will anything precise about Elune in this book. She's been ignored a lot in the last years.
    I'm sure there will be - maybe we'll get a clarification of her powers.

I am REALLY excited for this book. I want this, Beta Access and the PTR up ASAP.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    HAH!

Where i come from it works more and more like this: As a new employee you only get temporary working contract for lets say for a year or even just a half. After this year, you'll get another year when you didn't suck. When you actually did or dosuck, its very unlikely to get fired, the company is just waiting for your contract to end and then byebye.

The unwillingness of companies and staff leader to really fire people who are unable to fulfil their job responsiblities now leads to the situation that ambitious and well performing employees only get temporary contracts as well. Don't even try to find a good appartment for rent with only a temporary working contract here, or you want to get a bank credit for financing a car, forget it.

To people like Holinka i can only say: Maybe its more fair to really request somebody to get fired when he/she is not performing well often than going like "ok lets just give everybody a temporary contract and when it turns out people dont do well the problem solves itself at some time"

Where I'm from, the real world that is, people don't get fired on grounds of some geeks crying over choices made for a fucking video game.

I would rather have half assed player housing and and stronger raid environment than the opposite any day of the week. So there's that. If I want to play house; I'll fire up Skyrim.

I don't get why people talking about housing again.. Don't you think there is already way too much solo crap in WOW?

We just got garrisons that isolated us from the outside world, if that taught us anything is that it's a bad idea to isolate players from the world.

Guild housing would make more sense, instanced in major city of your choice with a teleport, features unlocked only with activity from guild to make sure it's an active guild with many members. I'm going to guess that's what Blizzard wanted to do and go with class halls to make sure people who for some reason are not in a guild would not be left out...
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-02-21 at 10:17 PM.

Was hoping we would get a Flail type weapon with it being added maybe get other weapons like whips that have similar animations. Now if they would just give us small pistols and I'll be a happy man. Really excited for the Chronicle can't wait to get it and get some answers to things in the lore that they never explained. The whole lore is what I really enjoy about the game.

Does anyone know anything about the song playing in this video? Crossing my fingers that it might be from the Warcraft score... it was awesome!

LOOOONG since stopped playing. Just random curiosity brought me here ("I wonder what WoW's doing these days?") Have to admit, that pally flail looks badass

Can kinda picture it with the last decent transmog set I had before leaving (basically this with that flail) looking awesome

Still not really tempted back though
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2016-02-27 at 11:17 PM.