Poll: Which Spriest concept is more appealing?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I really dislike suddenly getting shoehorned into such a narrow concept after roleplaying my shadowpriest for a decade.
    This concept would be ok for a new class, but for established characters it is a really irritating move.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sjn View Post
    Old God, Void, Vampiric, Mind Domination...
    But as a Lovecraft fan i voted for old gods!
    Well, Vampirism is more a warlock theme (life drain), so I am for #1 - also a great fan of Lovecraft and his Old Gods mythos. I also don't see why mind manipulation is not with #1. But tentacles are... meh. Too much Hentai vibe with that. :/

But I will miss my shadow ravens for sure.

They should keep them. NEVERMORE!

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    I love the old god theme and I think it really fits the theme of our spec. The only thing that troubles me is would I ever fight an old god?
    Basically we use Void power which are the same powers the Old Gods use. So we fight fire with fire like an antihero vs a villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Lovecraft and his Old Gods mythos
    That about sums everything up

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    Well, Vampirism is more a warlock theme (life drain),
    But tentacles are... meh. Too much Hentai vibe with that. :/

But I will miss my shadow ravens for sure.

They should keep them. NEVERMORE!
    Right so first off you say its a warlock theme with vampire spells? WRONG!
    Then you say tentacels are hentai.. you probably just said that cus everyone is saying that.

And last who is saying we lose are ravens?
    Man your realy full of bs here.

I always preferred the original fantasy: Vampiric healing and Shadowy Mind annihilation, but that has been more and more watered down every expansion since TBC, so I don't have a problem with SPs going all out Old Gaod Teintaucle Inzanity in Legion.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I personally prefer the tentacle theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    #1: Old Gods - Losing our sanity to gain power - Void - Tentacles.

#2: Vampiric - Stepping into the Shadows (Shadowguise) - Mind manipulation - Ravens
    I honestly don't see the difference. You'd have to be rather narrow minded to not realize this.

Insanity is related to mind manipulation and forbidden/divine lore, "things mortals aren't meant to know". The Void is described as a vampiric force in Chronicles and the Old Gods themselves imply that they feed on souls. We've had tentacles as part of our theme since Void Tendrils and Shadowfiends, not to mention Mindbenders. Hell, Shadow Ascendants in the RPG had tentacles as one of their mechanics, so it's not a new idea or anything.

This is pretty much just what it's always been, except the connections have been made more apparent and one of the game mechanics has a funny name.

Shadow Priests have always been the ones to study and control what others deemed as too dangerous or evil. There was always an element of risk to it, and "insanity" likely reflects that risk. If we delve too deeply into the Void, there's a chance we won't be able to pull ourselves back out.

Ravens might be a legitimate complaint, but we'll see how that turns out.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-04-01 at 07:59 PM.

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The old god/void is way more appealing to me. I love the idea of growing tentacles and using shadow magic, if players complain and have this changed I'll be very mad.

I'd prefer pure psychic fantasy, without vampiric/raven stuff- Kimmuriel Oblodra style.

Old gods/insanity is more of, since I've gone there already, Matron Baenre style. Which also kinda works, but I prefer pure mind manipulation theme.
    Free speech covers everything, except arguing against free speech. You can not use a concept as an argument against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    I will quit the game for good and permanently.
    no-one cares.
    Always amuses me when people 'threaten' this.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

I voted old God, but neither matter if it isn't fun in pve and strong in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Vampires pls
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I want all the things from both options.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    no-one cares.
    Always amuses me when people 'threaten' this.
    Let me show you how funny your thinking is:

I posted my thought and emphasised the fact that I would leave the game to make it bold. All you do is join the thread to say 'oh we don't care'.

Guess what, you cared enough to refer to me and quote.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Let me show you how funny your thinking is:

I posted my thought and emphasised the fact that I would leave the game to make it bold. All you do is join the thread to say 'oh we don't care'.

Guess what, you cared enough to refer to me and quote.
    It doesn't make your post bold, it just shows how whiny and childish you are. Hitting qoute isn't hard. Well, maybe it is for your caliber of player lmao.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmias View Post
    It doesn't make your post bold, it just shows how whiny and childish you are. Hitting qoute isn't hard. Well, maybe it is for your caliber of player lmao.
    You are assuming too much about someone you've just seen a couple forum posts of, plus, you are turning the thread into personal flaming.

The point is, the class is finally shaping into what it was intended themewise and blizz should have the balls to make it go live.

Amazing how evenly split the SP community is on this matter.. I take it we settle this by thousand year blood war?
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Amazing how evenly split the SP community is on this matter.. I take it we settle this by thousand year blood war?
    Both sides of the debate are literally the same thing, so it's no real surprise they're pretty even. They're the most mutually compatible ideas in existence. The whole issue is just being overblown by people who never understood the lore in the first place and are panicking over a slight shift in emphasis.

We've had Void Tendrils for quite awhile now, insanity has long been a known risk to Void magic, and the Mindbenders are obviously Old God connections.

The balance theme is just as much there as it's always been, since that was just the idea that Light-wielders and Void-wielders were of equal importance and the idea that caution should be exercised. It was never about being inbetween the two.

As for meddling with Old God stuff being too dangerous, the story with the Arakkoa showed that true mastery of Void magics can actually help to preserve one's mind and protect it from corruption. That's why Anzu taught them dark magics. Speaking of Anzu, he used to chat with the "Gods of the Abyss" and he was just fine in WoD.

I look at the new Shadow Priest design and my only complaint is that it needs to be flashier.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-04-10 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have voted number 2 if not for vampires. Vampirism never felt like shadow priest fantasy to me. We deal with the mind of our enemies, not their life energies (which is more DK territory specifically Blood)

Same with Devouring Plague, also DK territory, and Vampiric Touch/Embrace.

Bring on the old gods. And worshipping higher powers is what a priest is all about.