Poll: Should chi color customizations be added?

Does anyone else wish you could customize the color of your monk's chi?

One of the common concepts with auras or chi energies in a lot of popular culture medias is that a person's chi can have different colors. This is often dependant on your personality, emotions, or training.

WoW monks already draw heavily from these pop culture franchises and even has given some limited options on this front as it is. Personally I think this should be taken a step further with the addition of being able to fully customize how your chi is represented in game. I would love to choose an aspect and either have greenish mist yu'lon chi, blue/white lightning-like Xuen chi, black/white glowing Niuzao chi, and red burning Chi-Ji chi. Hell, there could also be a swirling/smoky Sha chi.

Currently everyone has "greenish" mist Yu'lon chi while some abilities use different effects depending on their origin. In a way it makes sense for a lot of abilities but at the same time it fails the fantasy of each monk having their own set of discipline and techniques if we all have basically the same chi energies.

I can see the argument that basic soul/nature/healing uses of one's chi would naturally take on the form of that greenish mist chi because the monk conjures it in that form in order for it to have healing properties to begin with. But at the same time I can also see there being support created within the lore that states that chi takes many different forms depending on the user's emotions, training, and personality. A stoic and taciturn monk would make sense to have chi that resembles that of Niuzao and it also stands to reason that his chi could be used for the same purposes as that of others (though technically maybe weaker at something like damage or healing, that doesn't need to be represented in game).

What does everyone think? Should there be a class quest line or something that lets you customize your chi? It's probably a long shot even if there is a lot of support but at least it's fun to dream about. Do you feel that chi colors should remain as is because you feel it makes sense within the established lore of the august celestials?

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it would conflict with other class colours :/

I mean mid-light blue, mid-light green, and white chi would all work fine, but like purple or red chi would just be silly.

It would make more sense to me if they changed the color of the spell to represent what aspect it was from (Spinning Crane Kick should be red for Chiji, etc).

Another option could be if all the green spells turned blue (WW) or yellow (BM) depending on what spec you were.

Deleted
    give me red and im happy........

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it should be customizable per se, but I do think it should be different colors depending on what animal they invoke when they are using their Chi.

The current Yu'Lun (or w/e she's called) green/indigo-ish color that we have now is fine for the MW heals as it has a very soothing "heal" type vibe to it.

For WW it should be changed to the Xuen blue. It's a beautiful cyan blue color and would fit nicely as an "attack" Chi color.

For BrM I'd say the Ox orange-yellowish color would be nice. It also has the color of ale which they use a lot and would represent their defensive Chi.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I think our greenish color is fitting.
    @Saverem: I like this idea, maybe as a cosmetic option with a glyph if you are in that spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I don't think it should be customizable per se, but I do think it should be different colors depending on what animal they invoke when they are using their Chi.

The current Yu'Lun (or w/e she's called) green/indigo-ish color that we have now is fine for the MW heals as it has a very soothing "heal" type vibe to it.

For WW it should be changed to the Xuen blue. It's a beautiful cyan blue color and would fit nicely as an "attack" Chi color.

For BrM I'd say the Ox orange-yellowish color would be nice. It also has the color of ale which they use a lot and would represent their defensive Chi.

Yep yep

I incorporate the exact same concept into my UI design. I use weakauras to design my Chi tracker, and applies different colors and animations according to the specs I'm in. This totally makes sense.

Deleted
    Lol - reading the thread titles quickly i thought it said colour of monk's 'chin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite how much I want red mist, I understand Blizzard's distaste for harsher colors being heals. They could have picked a more refined color palette though, I don't think other classes stick to their class color as religiously as Mistweavers stick to Jade.

Enveloping Mist would look decent golden, as well as most other spells. For me it's the animations that could be a whole lot more epic. Soothing Mist is this, "look at me, I'm healing" nonsense that provides the most visual for us but the least healing. It could be some kind of conical wind tunnel that condenses around the target sorta-kinda-not-really like the base of al'akir, but more transparent with mist. I don't know...

Greenish color fits the class really well, but I'd love to change it to blue to match the transmog I'm going for, it'd be an interesting customization thing for sure, nice idea.

I like the idea, customization is fun, but I never considered it before seeing this post