Thread: Sam's Club

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Sam's Club

Is an amazing place.

It doesn't have the ratchets that you see at Wal Mart, and they sell almost everything in bulk.

I'm not sure whose idea it was to sell Henessay and Vodka in bulk, but I bought a months supply and am now set in those cruical supplies for a while.

Do any of you guys shop at Sam's Club? If so, what's your membership? If not, why?

10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't shop there if I wanted. I live in downtown Chicago and don't own a car, so my groceries are delivered every week.

My mother, though, used to shop there, many years ago. Bought lots of things in bulk. Her grandparents were from Depression-era, and they passed down a legacy of "save everything" to her. She would stock up on a year worth of meat in a big freezer, and would stretch everything with a little milk. Tuna fish casserole could turn into 4 or 5 days worth of food from a few small cans of tuna, soup, milk, and a bag of egg noodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually debating whether to go there this morning but I'm too lazy :/

Basic membership. Get my vitamin water, veggies, and such in bulk. The only thing I hate about Sam's are the pushy sales and sample people on the floor harassing me. Usually not a problem in the morning but in the afternoon/evening they're in like every other isle. Wandering around asking me if I want to sign up for a credit card....NO! Just let me shop in peace!

10+ Year Old Account
    has to small of a selection. NO SPICY FOOD. whatsoever.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I have a membership and we mostly use it for gas. The problem I have with shopping there though is that most of the food things are huge boxed, processed foods. I really am not going to buy 10 lbs. of Kraft cheese slices or a bag of peanuts 1/3rd my body weight. It's a combination of not having what I am interested in buying or being too out of the way for anything else.

I get cleaning products and misc. things in bulk as needed though.

Edit: And dog food. Great place to pick up dog food.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I couldn't shop there if I wanted. I live in downtown Chicago and don't own a car, so my groceries are delivered every week.

My mother, though, used to shop there, many years ago. Bought lots of things in bulk. Her grandparents were from Depression-era, and they passed down a legacy of "save everything" to her. She would stock up on a year worth of meat in a big freezer, and would stretch everything with a little milk. Tuna fish casserole could turn into 4 or 5 days worth of food from a few small cans of tuna, soup, milk, and a bag of egg noodles.
    I find the thought of doing that fascinating. Of course you'd also need diesel generators and plenty of diesel to keep the electricity on if shit really hits the fan. Or better yet, solar power plants.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    has to small of a selection. NO SPICY FOOD. whatsoever.
    You do know you can add spices to make the food spicey right?

OT: yes I've shopped at costco and sam's club. Sam's club definitely is better. Way better selection.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I shop at COSTCO, its basically the same thing. COSTCO has their own brand labeled Kirkland. It is always extremely high quality. Actually everything in the store is high quality. Buying what I like in bulk if possible is awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You do know you can add spices to make the food spicey right?

OT: yes I've shopped at costco and sam's club. Sam's club definitely is better. Way better selection.
    they don't have what i want period.
    no calamari.
    no indian food.
    no frog's legs.
    no mussels.
    no perch.
    no ghost pepper cheese.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-02-20 at 03:57 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

You can order most of that stuff online from walmart.com and it's free shipping if over $50. I get 20lb bags of rice for like $10, 8 pounds of beans for like $6 or something.

Oh, and you don't have to pay the annual fee if they still have one.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2016-02-20 at 04:04 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    they don't have what i want period.
    no calamari.
    no indian food.
    no frog's legs.
    no mussels.
    no perch.
    no ghost pepper cheese.
    Those are the only things you eat?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you get kicked out by acting as if you're just walking by and taking your first sample when in reality this is your 8th trip to the sample stand in the last 20 minutes?

7+ Year Old Account
    No Sam's Club, but I go to Costco occasionally. I get a lot of high protein food, regular milk, soy milk, nuts, tuna, edamame.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Can you get kicked out by acting as if you're just walking by and taking your first sample when in reality this is your 8th trip to the sample stand in the last 20 minutes?
    Honestly doubt it. I go to thr BJs (basically a different sams club) and if you go back for more free samples the employees there are rather generous and let you know you can have more than one.

I'm guessing Sam's club is the same way, though I've only ever been a few times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

I would give anything to have a deliverable grocery service here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have a membership and we mostly use it for gas.
    Gas? I know Wal-Mart and Murphy have split up, what company provides gas at Sam's Club?

Sams club is the best place for me to get steaks. I got some huge ribeyes for like 7 dollar per lb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Those are the only things you eat?
    those are just a few examples. it's all just crap like scallops haddock crab and lobster,cheddar cheese turkey ham. no specialty foods. i think you get my point. and if you don't i'm not going to waste more time explaining it.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-02-20 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    When I was kid we used to go to Sam's Club for lunch. It was like an all you can eat hors d'oeuvre buffet.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    I do costco. It's basically the same thing from what I hear. Their food court is dirt cheap too. Nothing feels better after spending $200 in 2 months worth of groceries and buying a foot long hot dog with drink for a buck-fiddy for lunch on the way out.

my wife and I hit up sams every week before we finish our actual grocery shop at walmart.

bulk can be a good thing especially at the prices they have. Ours has a decent selection of meats. Compared to walmart just next door, pork loins and young whole chickens are buy one get one free. gonna have to head back there on monday, would rather pay $3 for a 2.5 pound bag of baby spinach than the same price for an 11 ounce bag next door. just have a salad heavy week